ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Smith and the Warriors

MustangMagic

Dec 20, 2008
Congratulations to our former Coach Grant Smith and his Warrior basketball team. When Coach Smith left North Moore everyone knew West would get better, but I don't think anyone thought he would turn around the program so soon. Well we did because that is what he done for our Mustangs.

Congratulations to West Montgomery men's basketball team. Regular Season Conference champs and Conference tournament champs.

We are proud of you Coach Smith!

Are you also proud of the way he humiliated our kids when they played here a couple weeks ago? You know, when he left his starters in until there was 50 sec left in the game and full court pressed the whole game with a final score of like 99 to 40 something? No reason at all for that. I lost what little bit of respect I had for him that night. It was disgraceful. YOU may be proud of him. But I would not use the word WE...

Are you also proud of the way he humiliated our kids when they played here a couple weeks ago? You know, when he left his starters in until there was 50 sec left in the game and full court pressed the whole game with a final score of like 99 to 40 something? No reason at all for that. I lost what little bit of respect I had for him that night. It was disgraceful. YOU may be proud of him. But I would not use the word WE...

I stand corrected. I played for Coach Smith and I was at this game that you claim YOU lost respect. Where you there? I am certain you were not. I saw a very dominant team playing a very dominating style of basketball, and checking your bball IQ he was not pressing in the 3rd & 4th qtr. He was putting pressure on the basketball and jumping passing lanes which is how he taught us to play the game at NM.

I know it is hard to stomach a tough year, but we were 3-19 and we didn't cry we got better the next year. Coach did not humiliate those kids period. The parents who thought the kids were better maybe, but not the kids. He put as much in our program as anyone.

Now to your point of humiliation. Let's see we lost to EM by 45pts, we lost to UP by 32 pts, we lost to UCA by 28pts, AND we lost to South Stanly by 40pts. Points don't humiliate a team or the kids.

You may not be proud of him, but like I said I played for Coach and he taught me a great deal and I am proud of him.

Yes I was in attendance and I can promise you that I was not the only one who left the gym feeling the way I did. You are welcome to your own opinion as am I. I can assure you though that not many mustang fans share your same feelings.

Yes I was in attendance and I can promise you that I was not the only one who left the gym feeling the way I did. You are welcome to your own opinion as am I. I can assure you though that not many mustang fans share your same feelings.

Again, I stand corrected on your attendance. Yes you are entitled to your opinion as well as I am. I just realized who you are in terms of our discussions during football a couple of seasons ago. I rather enjoyed the banter. For some it is difficult to watch others leave us and reach greatness at other schools which has happened a lot, however I always believe in the heartbeat of our Mustangs. We are DOWN period, BUT we will come back. We always do!

On a different note, who is our signal caller for next season?

I stand corrected. I played for Coach Smith and I was at this game that you claim YOU lost respect. Where you there? I am certain you were not. I saw a very dominant team playing a very dominating style of basketball, and checking your bball IQ he was not pressing in the 3rd & 4th qtr. He was putting pressure on the basketball and jumping passing lanes which is how he taught us to play the game at NM.

I know it is hard to stomach a tough year, but we were 3-19 and we didn't cry we got better the next year. Coach did not humiliate those kids period. The parents who thought the kids were better maybe, but not the kids. He put as much in our program as anyone.

Now to your point of humiliation. Let's see we lost to EM by 45pts, we lost to UP by 32 pts, we lost to UCA by 28pts, AND we lost to South Stanly by 40pts. Points don't humiliate a team or the kids.

You may not be proud of him, but like I said I played for Coach and he taught me a great deal and I am proud of him.
Again, I stand corrected on your attendance. Yes you are entitled to your opinion as well as I am. I just realized who you are in terms of our discussions during football a couple of seasons ago. I rather enjoyed the banter. For some it is difficult to watch others leave us and reach greatness at other schools which has happened a lot, however I always believe in the heartbeat of our Mustangs. We are DOWN period, BUT we will come back. We always do!

On a different note, who is our signal caller for next season?

Out of curiosity, what coaches have left North Moore and had success other places?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT