ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Lakewood Scrimmage Aug 11th

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Looking forward to getting a first look at the 2015 Clinton Dark Horses tonight as they Scrimmage in County rival Lakewood at 7pm....Some of the things I know me and some of the other Clinton faithful will be looking at is offensive line...lost Alot of seniors and from what Coach Lewis stated in a article this morning its going be a young group but he said the taelnt is there just a lack of experience....things that will help the o line is returning guard Joel Jones 6'3 250 started every game last year as a sophomore and Johnathon Wright returns at the TE position....something else look forward to seeing is this backfield...I heard rumblings that collectively this is the most explosive backfield ever....which is a huge statement being that once upon a time in the mid 90's we had 4 D1 players in the backfield but from what I'm hearing the backfield of Chris Williams,Ryheem Skinner,Tyion Wright,and Rayquan Faison is only to be something else.....On the defensive side of the ball wanna see what can of size we will have on the interior hearing that Prentice Murphy will still be played DE thought they might of moved him back to OLB after a performance at NC State camp.Coach Lewis stated in the article that they may try Johnathon Wright at the other DE spot so I'm curious to see who they will put at the other LB spots with Faison...backend of the defense will be good with Kavon Dessus as the anchor along with Tyion.....I'll have Alot more insight after tonight I'll post some observations while at the game really looking forward to it

DH34....I will hate it that the WIZ probably wont make it to the scrimmage. He HATEs football ya know..ROFL..Best to the Darkhorses this season..BTW, waiting to see what wiz comes back with on this post.:)

Guys I have heard similar things, Very athletic team with speed to burn, however finding that line that can block for them, and the Dline to with hold a power running team will be key. Secondary is fine, RB's, and WR's are fine, New QB this year w/speed so that will be something to watch, but for me it's can we block to give the RB's a lane to run through, Raheem only needs a step, and can we find some bodies to fill some gaps on the Dline. IF we can, I said IF, then lookout.

P.S. Everybody knows who Raheem Skinner is now, so every Dfense will be focusing on Raheem this year, he won't jump up and suprise no one, they already know who must be stopped to win. Question is, can they?

DH04 I get what you're saying but after the first couple games I think opposing defenses knew about him stacked the box and still could not contain him....New QB is fast and will keep teams honest if he carry's out his fakes correctly...Tyion Wright is lightning and a bottle so with so much attention on Skinner I can see him having a break out year.....low key I think Rayquan Faison is poised for a huge year

Been raining all day in Clinton Scrimmage may be cancelled or postponed till tomorrow

Hey I'm glad it's been moved to tomorrow because I couldn't go tonight because of a important church meeting that required my attendance but if nothing happens I'll be there tomorrow!

Clinton D solid so far quick to the ball we got two big boys 76 and 60 plugging the middle LBs fast good pursuit

No score on Lakewoods drive Clintons offense turn now

Start off with a nice run by Rayquan right up the middle

Nice pass to Jonathan Wright who was split out at a WR position....QB has a nice arm

A couple of decent runs by Lakewood...nice sack by Johnathon Wright...Clinton D continues to hold...sorry I don't have a roster I'll get one at the break give y'all some names

Clinton d holds Lakewood again Clinton offense on field again.....
Clinton o line jumps on first play
Short run by Skinner
Short tough run by Faison
Look for next play to be to the outside I bet....I was wrong...long pass to K Dessus touchdown....this QB has a nice arm he will keep defenses from stacking the box

Online making a lot of false starts gotta clean that up.....nice run by Faison up the middle

Another TD pass from Wright to Dessus.....well we my have a QB battle both look good but I know Tyion wants to play RB

Clinton 3 TDs Lakewood 0 so far....
Clinton D back out there looks like mostly 2nd team

Wow sounds better than I thought it would be with the O and D line youth and inexperience

Pretty good turnout for a scrimmage on both sides...teams are taking a break now bout to try and find a roster

I think the o line still needs a lot of work have not seen to many big runs which is not too bad cause I remember only 2 or 3 big ones in the scrimmage last year...hopefully Ryheem and company get into a better ryhthm in this 2nd half of the scrimmage....very impress end with the passing game so far we gonna catch some defenses slipping both Qbs have shown they can throw and the WRs are talented and compliment each other well #15 has the height and leaping ability #3 has the speed...even we even split Johnathon Wright out and used him like a Jimmy Graham TE playing out at a WR spot....defense has been lights out I expected the d to be ahead of the offense anyway but yes a lot of speed

2nd half started....Clinton O with the ball two short runs by Ryheem...
Good run by Faison....
Another pass completed to Skinner...
Clinton offense marching....
Fumble by Wright Lakewood recovers

Lakewood with the ball now a couple solid runs.....
Screen pass Clinton defender all over it dropped for a lost....
Short run by Lakewood good per suit by Murphy coming from his DE position...
Nice pass by Lakewood LB fell asleep

Lakewood driving previous fumble seems to have given them some momentum Clinton D trying to hold.......
Long pass would of been a TD wr dropped it.....

Sack by Faison ends that drive Clinton D preserves shutout so far....Clinton O back on the field....
Nice run up the middle by Skinner....
Option play for a lost QB gotta make a better decision should of just kept it....
Another nice run by Skinner seems to be getting into a flow...
Nice rum to the outside by Wright....
Clinton driving just pass midfield...
QB keeper by Williams TD!!!!!!
Ryheem threw a hell of a block WOW!!!!!

Think I seen enough fellas I'm.going to head out RWTW let us know any other scores

Yes I agree offensive had some mental mistakes I saw of good things a couple plays but yeah definitely by Aug 28th need to have it together SWO usual always have a tough defense and VA Tech commit Jimmie Taylor...QBs looked good...#2 Chris Williams was the man tonight scored on 2 QB keepers one of them was about a 40-45 yard run and he threw a couple good passes one long TD to Kavon Dessus #3 and he had a interception on defense....but overall I like what I see just gotta tighten things up on the offensive line

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT