ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs East Bladen reg season finale

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Senior night at Robinson-Lewis field vs a old rival the East Bladen Eagles. 13 Clinton seniors will be honored and possible be playing their last home game depending on how seeding goes Saturday. Take the time to thank those seniors for all their contributions,hard work, and dedication to the program it’s quite the brotherhood Darkhorse for life and tradition never graduates. Now for the game itself Clinton comes off a double header last week where they beat Red Springs and West Bladen 49-0 and 49-16 respectively. Offense was efficient Senior QB Blake Smith has probably played his best ball of his career these last 3 games and team will need that to continue moving forward into the post season. Defense after taking a bit of hit the previous 3 games really came out with a different energy actually pitching shutouts in both games(2 scores given up Friday vs WB we’re on special teams and a interception return for score) so yes technically speaking back to back shutouts for a defense that came under fire after St. Paul’s performance and is playing with a chip.

For East Bladen they are coming into the game riding high on what some may call a upset Friday night over Midway 49-35. They executed a great game plan of control the time of possession keeping Midway and Wyatt Holland on the sideline. Eagles had 3 players go over 100 yards rushing while controlling time of possession 34:57 to 13:03. I would expect a similar game plan vs Clinton

Alil match up background like I said before this rivalry goes way back even back when the Eagles were the Cougars dont have the exact numbers as far as all time head to head record goes but since the 2000 EB has 11 wins to our 10 so it’s been pretty much neck and neck. A lot of good match ups between the two just like any rivalry game you can throw out the records you better be ready to play. Robbie Priest just like Lenon Fisher before him is a very good coach he will have his team well prepared should be another fun one in the long history between these programs.

EB has been a Jekyll and Hyde team all year. You never know what you are gonna get from week to week. I was pleasantly surprised with the way we performed Friday against Midway. Played pretty well against St Pauls until some breaks didn't go our way. Beat a good West Carteret team early in the season. Can we continue that this Friday or will the team that lost to Fairmont and got dominated by Laney and Wallace show up? Plenty of motivation with the playoff in our grasp and EB usually gets better as the season goes on. I think it might be closer than some expect, if the right EB team shows up.

Reactions: UNC91
Me to. Thaz the problem with these run base team..U got to learn to throw the ball if u going to have a chance.49 -0 Clinton

Reactions: UNC91
A feel good story for senior night. Senior QB Blake Smith according to lasted stat update is 4 yards away from 1K passing yardage….maybe not much of a big deal for some but Clinton hasn’t had a 1,000 yard QB since Stephen Horne in 2001. So that will be a nice senior moment for Blake.

A feel good story for senior night. Senior QB Blake Smith according to lasted stat update is 4 yards away from 1K passing yardage….maybe not much of a big deal for some but Clinton hasn’t had a 1,000 yard QB since Stephen Horne in 2001. So that will be a nice senior moment for Blake.
Disregard this post as stats were late for 2 games he is already over 1K currently at 1098 according to MaxPreps….Joins Stephon Horne as only Clinton QBs to throw for over 1K

I think EB could pull off the upset because they have been playing really good football lately.

Since it’s a rivalry game on top of East Bladen fighting for playoff contention I would not rule anything out….Clinton better not come out sleepwalking or they could be in for a long night……if we play up to our capabilities then it should be a easy victory. Hey that’s why we play the games

I know it is not always feasible to compare two teams against a common opponent, but the scores of Clinton's win over Midway were almost the same as EB's win over Midway. I know little about the Clinton-Midway game, but in the EB-Midway game, EB was was the dominant team. I guess we will have to just play the game.

Don’t understand y people think this game will be close. East Bladen rushing attack waz held in check from my 2-6 Fairmont. Clinton beat Fairmont by 50. You do the math. Note, according to RPI we played one of toughest schedule in 2A.

Don’t understand y people think this game will be close. East Bladen rushing attack waz held in check from my 2-6 Fairmont. Clinton beat Fairmont by 50. You do the math. Note, according to RPI we played one of toughest schedule in 2A.
Comparing scores vs common opponents sometimes isn’t the most accurate way to go about things. Look how close Fairmont played St. Pauls. Each game is different. I wouldn’t be surprised if EB played us close they look like they have improved as the season has gone on and like mentioned before it’s a rivalry game.

First play of the game Clinton’s Patrick Morrisley takes jet sweep 51 yards down left side for score. 2 point conv good. Clinton 8 EB 0 11:50 in 1Q

After a partially blocked punt Clinton offense takes over Clinton scores on short TD pass from Blake Smith caught off the tip by Jariah Goodman. 2 point conv no good. Clinton 14 EB 6:13 1Q

After East Bladen fumbles ensuing kickoff Clinton takes over in good field position. Next play Smith connects with Goodman on 17 yard TD pass. 2 point conv good. Clinton 22 East Bladen 0 6:01 left in 1st

Clinton on the board again Blake Smith 33 yard QB keeper. 2 point conv good. Clinton 30 East Bladen 0 2:57 left in 1st Q

End of 1Q Clinton 30 East Bladen 0. EB will open 2Q with a 4th and 7 attempt at the Clinton 18

East Bladen on the scoreboard with a 9 yard QB keeper by Powell. Eagles converted 2 4th downs on that drive and were added by huge run by FB Brooks. PAT good. Clinton 30 East Bladen 7. 10:00 in 2Q

Blake Smith connects with freshman Nydarion Blackwell on 20 yard TD pass. 2 point conv no good. Clinton 36 East Bladen 7 8:09 left in 2Q

East Bladen answers with a methodical 63 yard drive capped off by 2 yard run by McLean. PAT no good. Clinton 36 East Bladen 13. 1:51 left in half

East Bladen opens up with a 6min drive for score short run by Brooks. 2 point conv failed. Clinton 36 EB 19 5:20 left in 3rd

Clinton’s Wilson takes it to the house from bout 30 yards out. 2 point conv no good. Clinton 42 EB 19 start the 4th

Clinton’s Onias Robinson scores on short TD run.2 point conv no good. Clinton 48 East Bladen 19. 3:57 left in game

EB answers quick long 58 yard TD run by Brooks. 2 point conv no good. 48-25 3:14 left in game

It’s a track meet Clinton answers back with 90 yard TD run by J. Wilson. 2 point conv good by Boykin. Clinton 56 EB 25 2 mins left in game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT