ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

Kings Mountain Middle School 5-0 overall 4-0 in division travels to Burns Middle 4-1 overall, 4-0 in division for 1st place and the number overall seed in the middle school playoffs. A lot of talent on both of these middle school teams. Should be a great game.
All 4 county teams will be in the playoffs. Crest Middle travels to Shelby Middle for 1st place in their division. Good stuff in the old CC. Their game will be Thursday, 5 o'clock, at Shelby High.

Kings Mountain Middle School 5-0 overall 4-0 in division travels to Burns Middle 4-1 overall, 4-0 in division for 1st place and the number overall seed in the middle school playoffs. A lot of talent on both of these middle school teams. Should be a great game.
Burns 1 loss was to Crest off a deflected pass as time expired. Talk about a potentially competitive playoff this year. That could lead to some fun games in the future.

Strong middle and soph class at Burns. Watch out 2025 and 2026.
JV team is obviously depleted with the sophomores that moved up but they have held their own pretty well so far. Had a very close game with Shelby last week and we actually play them again in a few weeks. Between 7th and 10th grade they can be good down the line. New classes too so hopefully we get weekly competition moving forward and not just against non-conference.

Shelby lost to KM, KM lost to Burns, and Burns lost to Crest. You can’t get any more competitive than that 😂
Holbrook defeated Stanley last night 44-28 to win the Gaston County MS Championship. Holbrook finished the year undefeated at 7-0 and Stanley fell to 6-2 with both loses coming to Holbrook. 14-8 to start the season and last nights game.

Noteworthy, Stanley was leading 22-6 and driving and a scoop and score for Holbrook flipped the momentum. Holbrook is sending a couple of studs to some local schools.

Holbrook defeated Stanley last night 44-28 to win the Gaston County MS Championship. Holbrook finished the year undefeated at 7-0 and Stanley fell to 6-2 with both loses coming to Holbrook. 14-8 to start the season and last nights game.

Noteworthy, Stanley was leading 22-6 and driving and a scoop and score for Holbrook flipped the momentum. Holbrook is sending a couple of studs to some local schools.
Stanley and Holbrook both have some really talented kids. I figure Ashbrook will get the bulk of the Holbrook kids. The Stanley kids will be fought over by multiple high schools.

Stanley and Holbrook both have some really talented kids. I figure Ashbrook will get the bulk of the Holbrook kids. The Stanley kids will be fought over by multiple high schools.
Correct. There is potential that some of the Holbrook kids will end up at Stuart Cramer but all depends where they live. I would argue that Holbrook could give Highland and Cherryville a competitive football game this Friday night. Biggest MS team I've seen.

The 8th grade class at Stanley this year is really strong. I've been fortunate to see it up close given my son is in it. Success will equate to football, wrestling and baseball mostly. There is potential that some other area schools could get a few of the athletes but East Gaston is lined up to gain the most. From an athletics standpoint most are true Stanley kids that already have siblings at EG. But I will add that Stuart Cramer has gotten the best athlete from Stanley 3 years running.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Except SP. Don't need or want anybody from Stanley. I haven't seen a coach or legitimate "inside" SP football guy at a MS game in a couple of years.

Except SP. Don't need or want anybody from Stanley. I haven't seen a coach or legitimate "inside" SP football guy at a MS game in a couple of years.
You better hope some decide to come bc the feeder programs in Belmont are BONE DRY.

I wouldn’t want anyone from a MS that held Belmont to zero first downs and unable to cross mid-field either. 🤣

Arrogance is often ignorance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT