ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

Highland Tech is 2-0 baby!!!!!!

They might be 3-0 coming into our game. They got some Science and Math school this week. They get past the Annexation of Puerto Rico play and we might be in for it.

Side note: I am actually very happy for those kids. They have taken some beatings and I cannot imagine how much the moral at that school is up with 2 straight wins. Good for them!

Its gonna get ugly in here when they put that beat down on Shelby.....

It’s going to be much harder for Mt. Island Charter to pluck athletes. Those guys have changed to a true lottery system without exceptions for any athletes. Mt. Island Charter football is already in decline because of that change. That change will definitely benefit EG. Mountain Island coaches were not happy with that change. MIC may look more like Highland Tech in the future when it comes to sports.
That's not the school they have to worry about in 5 years. The newer charter school in Stanley, Community Charter, is the one with good numbers in the lower grades and with a new upper grade school built.(not sure if it opens this year or next)

That's not the school they have to worry about in 5 years. The newer charter school in Stanley, Community Charter, is the one with good numbers in the lower grades and with a new upper grade school built.(not sure if it opens this year or next)
I completely forgot about their plans to build an Upper School for that charter. I wonder what their long term plans for athletics will be? must be getting old because I can vividly remember EG being a 4A school that was growing and now we are here.

I completely forgot about their plans to build an Upper School for that charter. I wonder what their long term plans for athletics will be? must be getting old because I can vividly remember EG being a 4A school that was growing and now we are here.
Just looking at the website,they have several coaches for different sports already at the school including a current KM assistant football coach. They have about 100 kids per grade as of now which would have probably been 90%+ that would have been going to EG. Which puts EG enrollment at about 400 less each year when they get to high school. That's why I see there numbers in 2A in two more alignments.

Over the years, we have lost a bunch of kids to Lincoln and Mecklenburg counties. A few years ago, we did lose a running back from Stanley Middle, who started at Shelby (maybe the best RB in Gaston County).
He end up not even playing fb his Sr year
And was hurt most of jr year...
So it didnt pan out..lol

Burns beats Alexander Central 28-7. But man that was an ugly first half. Good win to get back on track though. Guess we'll have another game to talk about in about 6 weeks now lol

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hey Bulldog look for Crest to have some scouts watching HT's next game.
Maybe they have some offensive linemen you all can use. Instead of the invisible ones you’re using now.

While you’re looking hopefully you can get a shock collar to keep no wheels in the pocket

devil in the white city classics GIF

#HATEUS!

Last edited:
I didn't get to see the first half but what I saw in the 2nd was pretty good. They were pounding the ball over that left side pretty good.

Maybe they have some offensive linemen you all can use. Instead of the invisible ones you’re using now.

While you’re looking hopefully you can get a shock collar to keep no wheels in the pocket

#HATEUS!
One with strongest arm can play QB. So things at least look familiar.

I didn't get to see the first half but what I saw in the 2nd was pretty good. They were pounding the ball over that left side pretty good.
First half was sloppy. We moved the ball well but penalties kept bringing it back. We got it together more in the second half. Passing game is coming along too. McGowan is getting a little more comfortable each week. To Alexander Centrals credit, they are much improved from last season. They had some good size and physical. We had a little more speed at the skill position but they were not a bad team at all.

First half was sloppy. We moved the ball well but penalties kept bringing it back. We got it together more in the second half. Passing game is coming along too. McGowan is getting a little more comfortable each week. To Alexander Centrals credit, they are much improved from last season. They had some good size and physical. We had a little more speed at the skill position but they were not a bad team at all.
I thought that 6'6" tight end was gonna be more of a problem after that scoring drive there in the 3rd.

Here’s my thought! Max Davis needs at least 25 touches a game ! He’s a difference maker and a problem on offense !! And he ain’t skeered to cause snot bubbles on defense either

Here’s my thought! Max Davis needs at least 25 touches a game ! He’s a difference maker and a problem on offense !! And he ain’t skeered to cause snot bubbles on defense either
Facts! Kid is all gas and no brake. Fun to watch and fortunately we have 2 more seasons after this with him.

Y'all gonna kill the poor McGowan kid playing him both ways lol. I know he has great size and is a great athlete but at least wait until later in the season to put him on the DL.

While you’re looking hopefully you can get a shock collar to keep no wheels i

#HATEUS!
go fox tv GIF by Beat Shazam

• Haha
Reactions: shutdownD24
Shelby vs Olympic
Crest vs Charlotte Catholic

Cleveland County versus the Queen City. Both contests are interesting games. I am leaning Shelby over Olympic. I think the CC versus Crest game is going to be a battle of game momentum. The team with the least turnovers win. I am going to go Crest at home by 7.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Shelby vs Olympic
Crest vs Charlotte Catholic

Cleveland County versus the Queen City. Both contests are interesting games. I am leaning Shelby over Olympic. I think the CC versus Crest game is going to be a battle of game momentum. The team with the least turnovers win. I am going to go Crest at home b
Both could be very good games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT