ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

LOL we call those days

" When the horsey club still had money" and "Pre- Repainted weight days" lol

Man I shoulda went to Quik Snack today...
Buddy you are more than welcome to come and break bread with us Tuesday night @ 6:30pm at Bulldog Quick Snak (shameless plug)
Not only break bread but watch highlights of the past weeks game. I understand there will be no highlights for the Shelby portion but SL come on and I will buy your supper.
Just don’t order the mayo…

I just wish we had the pregame speech from Barney.
I would love to hear Otis's speech from after the big win. I guess he still coaches there.
I just wish we had the pregame speech from Barney.
weight room gym GIF by South Park
You are making fun of our coach?

@egfan I actually feel for you guys. I know that you were one of the GC programs that had an opportunity to hire a really good coach but passed on those coaches. I heard you guys had multiple great candidates apply for your position.

@egfan I actually feel for you guys. I know that you were one of the GC programs that had an opportunity to hire a really good coach but passed on those coaches. I heard you guys had multiple great candidates apply for your position.
I know, the hire was curious at best. But we have a new HC and a lot of new assistants that we need to get behind. Things have improved from week 1 (train wreck) through week 3 (watchable). We have a big test this week at Ashbrook.

I know, the hire was curious at best. But we have a new HC and a lot of new assistants that we need to get behind. Things have improved from week 1 (train wreck) through week 3 (watchable). We have a big test this week at Ashbrook.
I understand, you really kind of got to rally behind the new staff. I thought you guys being up in Mt. Holly may be able to avoid what was happening in other parts of the county. Stanley Middle has some good athletes coming through, between getting your share of that Stanley talent and Mt. Holly Middle, I think EG is well positioned to take the next step if everything else lines up.

I understand, you really kind of got to rally behind the new staff. I thought you guys being up in Mt. Holly may be able to avoid what was happening in other parts of the county. Stanley Middle has some good athletes coming through, between getting your share of that Stanley talent and Mt. Holly Middle, I think EG is well positioned to take the next step if everything else lines up.
Over the years, we have lost a bunch of kids to Lincoln and Mecklenburg counties. A few years ago, we did lose a running back from Stanley Middle, who started at Shelby (maybe the best RB in Gaston County).

Over the years, we have lost a bunch of kids to Lincoln and Mecklenburg counties. A few years ago, we did lose a running back from Stanley Middle, who started at Shelby (maybe the best RB in Gaston County).
East Lincoln thanks you guys lol

With the growth of the charter school up there and as the younger grades move into high school, I believe East Gaston will be 2a in the new alignment. I think it won't be the first go round next school year ,but the next alignment it may happen.

With the growth of the charter school up there and as the younger grades move into high school, I believe East Gaston will be 2a in the new alignment. I think it won't be the first go round next school year ,but the next alignment it may happen.
It’s going to be much harder for Mt. Island Charter to pluck athletes. Those guys have changed to a true lottery system without exceptions for any athletes. Mt. Island Charter football is already in decline because of that change. That change will definitely benefit EG. Mountain Island coaches were not happy with that change. MIC may look more like Highland Tech in the future when it comes to sports.

Reactions: egfan
It’s going to be much harder for Mt. Island Charter to pluck athletes. Those guys have changed to a true lottery system without exceptions for any athletes. Mt. Island Charter football is already in decline because of that change. That change will definitely benefit EG. Mountain Island coaches were not happy with that change. MIC may look more like Highland Tech in the future when it comes to sports.
Yeesh.

Highland Tech is 2-0 baby!!!!!!
They might be 3-0 coming into our game. They got some Science and Math school this week. They get past the Annexation of Puerto Rico play and we might be in for it.

Side note: I am actually very happy for those kids. They have taken some beatings and I cannot imagine how much the moral at that school is up with 2 straight wins. Good for them!

They might be 3-0 coming into our game. They got some Science and Math school this week. They get past the Annexation of Puerto Rico play and we might be in for it.

Side note: I am actually very happy for those kids. They have taken some beatings and I cannot imagine how much the moral at that school is up with 2 straight wins. Good for them!
It is great to see and happy for them as well. Took some beatings over the years and finally enjoying some success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT