ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

I second this!
Your guys Dudley looked really strong against Mallard Creek. MC didnā€™t seem like the MC of old but Dudley looked like the bigger stronger team. Dudleyā€™s offense seemed to be jelling much earlier than normal. A lot of team speed and offensive line looked much better especially this early in the year.

Reactions: rbwebster32
Your guys Dudley looked really strong against Mallard Creek. MC didnā€™t seem like the MC of old but Dudley looked like the bigger stronger team. Dudleyā€™s offense seemed to be jelling much earlier than normal. A lot of team speed and offensive line looked much better especially this early in the year.
Thatā€™s not my team. I went to college with one of the coaches and know some of the kids so I know a lot about them. Iā€™m 704 (Charlotte) at heart! I didnā€™t see the scrimmage but was told about it. I was only able to see Hough and Catholic in person.

Imo 7 played better then 14....
The issue is that it swings back and forth. 14 is the better athlete and works harder in the off-season/weight room and you can do different things with him. #7 is the more natural passer of the two but nowhere near as mobile. You have to pick one and then build the offense around the one you picked strengths. Coaches have a tough decision. The future is the 9th grade quarterback of the jvā€™s. He real.

Reactions: rbwebster32
Thatā€™s not my team. I went to college with one of the coaches and know some of the kids so I know a lot about them. Iā€™m 704 (Charlotte) at heart! I didnā€™t see the scrimmage but was told about it. I was only able to see Hough and Catholic in person.
How did King Rhodes for Catholic do? Also how did the sophomore qb for Hough play? The young guy for Hough is legit.

I remember looking at Dudleyā€™s roster last year and seen the size of players coming back. I figure they going to be a force. Like 6 or so Freshmanā€™s that 6ā€™ + and one being at 6ā€™ 5. This team will definitely make the noise.

Reactions: Chopper747
How did King Rhodes for Catholic do? Also how did the sophomore qb for Hough play? The young guy for Hough is legit.
Howā€™d you see the Creek scrimmage? You live in the Charlotte area or Cleveland County? I donā€™t know many kids at Catholic currently but I think I remember seeing him more in the rotation on offense at WR. Thing is with Catholic, still very physical on offense despite running the offense out of the spread at times. TE and QB solid. Cathlolic is solid, just needs to get better defensively. Itā€™s not that theyā€™re bad but Catholic in their best years were more solid than most recent years defensively. Houghā€™s running game is strong against any team at the same time though.
I still feel as if Ethan adds more of a pop to Houghā€™s offense. Not comparing him to Mahomes but itā€™s sorta like when Mahomes played sparingly behind Smith. Smith was good and a decent athlete but it was just different when he played. The side arm passes and heā€™s just smooth. I hope they remain healthy but it also reminds me of when James Smith took over for Creek as a sophomore in 13ā€™.

Last edited:
Reactions: shutdownD24
The issue is that it swings back and forth. 14 is the better athlete and works harder in the off-season/weight room and you can do different things with him. #7 is the more natural passer of the two but nowhere near as mobile. You have to pick one and then build the offense around the one you picked strengths. Coaches have a tough decision. The future is the 9th grade quarterback of the jvā€™s. He real.
#14 can be elusive, which is good, but the same issue as last year of not being able to find the open receivers on the go. If he could just look downfield on the move, he could have decent numbers running and passing.

I hate crest and burns got rained out, I was looking forward to seeing how they looked. I heard burns will scrimmage today but I wonā€™t be able to make it. Shelby looked good and KM has some work to do.

I see coach LJ at L.A working out from time to time. Why do you pick Monroe over them? I remember we picked them last season and Iā€™m not disagreeing, just curious.
Itā€™s the matchup more than anything. Not a good matchup for WC. West Charlotte is athletic and big on defense but those guys seemed like they were out of shape. The big guys in the middle wore down after the 4th series. Monroe will definitely go tempo on them. Also Shelby figured out how to run on them and Coach Sowell will definitely pick that up and implement some of the things that gave WC problems. Second the arm in athletic ability of the Monroe quarterback will create problems for everybody. Last thing I want to face is the dual threat qb when he has athletic teammates at the skill position. Monroe also has two power four defensive backs in their secondary. One of those big time players plays the safety spot. Itā€™s going to be tough to go over the top of those guys. My opinion though.

I agree with above, Shelby coaches saw WC was Wearing down due to Shelbys over all speed.
Shelby was in better shape. Shelby also used a 1-2 punch at Rb.
A small shifty runner then a bigger bruser back...
WC will imo be tough as year goes, coach is a stand up guy..great coach.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Rode over to Burns this morning caught an hour or so of the CCYFL games, got to check out new pressbox and its really nice,, they did a bang up job with it

Me and Little Shelby Lion went back and checked out the scrimmage.... Graham looking good at Qb, Max Davis had two TD runs (he can fly) and they should have scored on a slant pass but receiver fumbled at the 3....

Offensive line has some size but you can tell they are still trying to work things out on that front.....All in all fun scrimmage, it was great seeing so many kids I had at UC on the field... Made an old man proud....

Good luck to all CC this season.... well maybe not Crest... ha ha Kidding.... kinda :)

Reactions: notanyonesfan
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I guess after fri.. Mountie Pride will be calling us the super team....šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Those YOUNG Mounties will need to BE ReaDy
When does the HC take some blame for not having an adequate offense , he gets a pass last season first year , if KM shows lack of offense this year all heck breaks loose.

Last edited:
I agree, last 2 years no Qb and offense just not really there,
We know they had good D and this years will be pretty good too.
Would love to know what the coaches payroll is at Km

I agree, last 2 years no Qb and offense just not really there,
We know they had good D and this years will be pretty good too.
Would love to know what the coaches payroll is at Km
Brinkley throws money all around but canā€™t buy a QB. Mo Howard is on the hot seat and the dagger is going in the very last game of the year when Lloyd exacts painful repercussions.

Hopefully we can coach a QB up too. šŸ˜®

Brinkley throws money all around but canā€™t buy a QB. Mo Howard is on the hot seat and the dagger is going in the very last game of the year when Lloyd exacts painful repercussions.

Hopefully we can coach a QB up too. šŸ˜®
My money goes on our coach getting a qb coached up by the end of season
KM had all year to fix qb position last year and failed and cost them and cost that defense which we heard was the best
The best couldnā€™t stop the run we seen

Burns you are on the clock

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT