ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

My condolences to Chris's family and the Crest community. I was a year ahead of Chris in school and went to school with him from elementary school through high school, even played little league baseball with him. I hadn't saw him years, always a great guy . Gone too soon. CrestRulz asked about JimBob Billy, Otis, Jabba or whatever y'all call him, and I've wondered it myself. Gaffney? Wow. I just knew he'd go work for his buddy in Lincolnton, ol' Punkin'head, selling pallets of N95 masks, miss matched patio furniture and hawking autographed NBA memorabilia from Charlotte Hornets games. Ahh yes, BBB, home of the 3 legged couch. Shelby Lion, it's funny we haven't crossed paths, seeing as you live in the Ankle. I live probably just a mile or two from there.

The Crest community lost another good one. My buddy Crest91 passed away last night. He was my favorite person to watch a ballgame with. I’ve deployed multiple times and he always kept me in the know and sent highlights every game. He was my best friend. Rest easy brother!
I hate to hear this news. He was always nice anytime I got to speak with him. Awful young. This makes me sad.

Kings Mountain scrimmage with Kannapolis and JM Robinson cancelled. I was looking forward to seeing these three teams compete together.

Kings Mountain scrimmage with Kannapolis and JM Robinson cancelled. I was looking forward to seeing these three teams compete together.
Surprised it just didn’t get moved to another day but hey we might get that match up in the playoffs.

Reactions: beamer24
Put in some good work today ,
Crest and Shelly not overly big but had a bunch of speed on both sides of the ball

Both teams showed some signs of what they can become then showed some signs of there’s a way to go …

Shelby 2’td to none against TCR first session
Shelby 1 td Myers park 1 td second session

Watched some of crest and the new qb has an arm and can scramble kids a gamer

14 is going to be a problem saw him break a long one for td

All in all good scrimmage for all four teams to get some work in

I didn’t hang around after the special teams session it was too dang hot

Just my thoughts

Put in some good work today ,
Crest and Shelly not overly big but had a bunch of speed on both sides of the ball

Both teams showed some signs of what they can become then showed some signs of there’s a way to go …

Shelby 2’td to none against TCR first session
Shelby 1 td Myers park 1 td second session

Watched some of crest and the new qb has an arm and can scramble kids a gamer

14 is going to be a problem saw him break a long one for td

All in all good scrimmage for all four teams to get some work in

I didn’t hang around after the special teams session it was too dang hot

Just my thoughts
Shelbys Tate and Man Man are small and hard to tackle they are gonna be a problem and everyone knows about how elusive Thompson is

Crest looked solid on both sides of the ball. No clue how good Myers Park is but heard some guys talking about them having 4-5 highly recruited guys. New Crest QB looked pretty good but Crest should be a run first team. The O Line and RB’s looked real strong.
Prediction: Crest wins 10+ games and makes it to at least the 3rd round of playoffs.

I thought offense line was not good at all for us, i did think defense for Shelby will be better up front, just not sure in Sec. Still very small.
We went 1-1. And 3-2 with MP we lost last game 3-2
Still work to do though

Crest looked solid on both sides of the ball. No clue how good Myers Park is but heard some guys talking about them having 4-5 highly recruited guys. New Crest QB looked pretty good but Crest should be a run first team. The O Line and RB’s looked real strong.
Prediction: Crest wins 10+ games and makes it to at least the 3rd round of playoffs.
Myers park had those 4-5 highly recruited guys but that’s all they had..Crest got good yards running to the opposite side of that monster DE they had..Crest also had a couple O Lineman playing some D Line to ad some depth in that area..Crest is gonna have to get a little more consistent in passing but that’s gonna come with consistency up front..I look forward to the Jamboree Friday for another look.

Raidertime checking in and lost a few brain cells reading this thread. I know that Rulz will suggest that means I am without but looking forward to the season. Out of country for first couple games but back for Hibriten.
Hey Raidertime

Saw on the news earlier some of the SP faithful were leaving school , walking down the hill to the chic fil a and causing a kerfuffle in the parking lot! A virtual Donnybrook if you will! I called Sausage and Rulz and were willing to ride down and clear that parking lot of nefarious activity for a sack of sammiches from said establishment , some Copenhagen , diet Sundrop , and a case of wild Irish rose for Sausage !

Just tell those gals with the crew cuts , and patch over their eyes that sit on the visitors sides to stay away! They look like they can fight and chew baccer and we don’t want no problems with them

Just let us know pal and thanks

Shelby Lion

Somebody needs to piss Rulz off.
I have turned over a new leaf. It's all sunshine and rainbows from me now. I am a Cleveland County football fan from here on out. I want to also add that I am completely full of $h*t as I type this. I am however ready to get the season going. Next man up in Lawndale. Kids graduate every year. Let's see who worked hard in the weight room in the offseason and see what happens.

My bold predictions for the year:

Burns runs the table and brings home the big trophy. Mass pandemonium ensue in Lawndale.
Crest puts up a mediocre 5-5 season and misses the playoffs. Quik Snak closes and reopens as a 24 hour dry cleaning business.
Shelby goes 0-10. Football program is quietly shut down and abandoned.
Kings Mountain - nah, who cares.

My bold predictions for the year:

Burns runs the table and brings home the big trophy. Mass pandemonium ensue in Lawndale.
Crest puts up a mediocre 5-5 season and misses the playoffs. Quik Snak closes and reopens as a 24 hour dry cleaning business.
Shelby goes 0-10. Football program is quietly shut down and abandoned.
Kings Mountain - nah, who cares.
Man said bold but he meant BOLD!!!

Reactions: Burns1985
Somebody needs to piss Rulz off.
I’m a relic dude. I’m really never pissed off. I just talk old school 💩. No holds barred and back in my day it was understood that’s what it was.

It’s soft these days. Coddled kids grow up to be adults with jelly for a backbone and more importantly no sense of sarcasm or humor.

I throw some real gems out there but no one pays attention anymore. Plus, Crest and Crest fans have been ran through it the last little while.

From Jabba the Hut gate to good men dying and all that mess. I’ve just felt like it isn’t a good time.

I wish every high school football team in Cleveland County much success. Except for Shelby and Burns and Kings Mountain. They all suck and their fans suck.

I’m a relic dude. I’m really never pissed off. I just talk old school 💩. No holds barred and back in my day it was understood that’s what it was.

It’s soft these days. Coddled kids grow up to be adults with jelly for a backbone and more importantly no sense of sarcasm or humor.

I throw some real gems out there but no one pays attention anymore. Plus, Crest and Crest fans have been ran through it the last little while.

From Jabba the Hut gate to good men dying and all that mess. I’ve just felt like it isn’t a good time.

I wish every high school football team in Cleveland County much success. Except for Shelby and Burns and Kings Mountain. They all suck and their fans suck.
You got me on that one. I had a 1/2 second mushy feeling that was extremely uncomfortable but you immediately removed said feeling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT