ADVERTISEMENT

Cherryville lose in OT

The Cherryville High School Ironmen and Lady Ironmen played the basketball teams of the Community School of Davidson on Tuesday night, December 16, 2014. The Lady Ironmen stayed close to the Lady Spartans throughout the first half. The Lady Spartans pulled away early in the fourth quarter and won by a score of 32 to 39. The Lady Ironmen and Ironmen will play again in Mooresville, North Carolina versus the Pine Lake Preparatory on Friday, December 19, 2014 with the game starting at 6:15 PM.

The game between the Ironmen (5-2) and the Spartans (4-4) started with the Community School of Davidson falling behind at the half by a score of 39 to 32. However, the Spartans outscored the Ironmen in the fourth quarter and in the overtime by a score of 16 to 32. The final score was the Cherryville Ironmen with 65 points while the Spartans had 71.

The Ironmen scoring had Yung Sherrill with 13; Rhyer Davis - 18; Grant Henderson - 13; Christian (Alvin) Jones - 11; Timmy Whisnant - 3; Dalton Horney - 3; and Chris Dean - 4.

The Ironmen JV boys won by a score of 67 to 61.

This is a bad loss for the ironmen I have seen Community school of Davidson and they are not very good they do have a 6'5 kid that plays inside but this one is a shocker. I guess on any given night teams can be taken down if they don't come to play.

Wow! Surprised again. Things always get tougher when conference play starts and everyone knows their opponent so much better. I will still be surprised if Cherryville is not a factor come playoff time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT