ADVERTISEMENT

CHASE TROJANS @ SOUTH POINT

SPRaider78, Does SP have a young team. How do you see them for the upcoming season this fall.

Chopper is correct, moving back to 3A. Several contributing Seniors. I was most impressed with the senior Qb Will Rhinehart. The kid was forced into action last year following the expected starter leaving the program and injuries to backups. He’s only about 5’6” -5’7” and probably not over 150 - 160 lbs, he not the fastest you’ve ever seen but he makes great decisions in the triple option offense. I’ve been very impressed.
As with lots of years in Belmont, I expect SP to start slow in the fall. How the guys develop and how quickly they develop will determine what kind of fall season they have. Of course I guess that can be said of most if not all teams. Gaston County football is normally pretty weak, so I think think they finish on top, second at worse in county. I still haven’t seen a definite conference list for fall.

I whoever finished second in the Mtn 6 will get the WC or at least be in a draw for it. They have a Pisgah and Hendersonville will have a 4-1 conference record.

Thanks for thinking it. Shelby had some issues when they played SP. Their QB wasn’t 100%. I’m not sure what was going on defensively they were not up to par. Unfortunately we will never know who SP would or could or should have beaten in the playoffs. Like I tell people, you have to play by the rules. Game rules, playoff rules whatever. I hate they didn’t get in but according to the rules they didn’t qualify. Fall ball starts in about four months. GO BIG RED !

Thanks for thinking it. Shelby had some issues when they played SP. Their QB wasn’t 100%. I’m not sure what was going on defensively they were not up to par. Unfortunately we will never know who SP would or could or should have beaten in the playoffs. Like I tell people, you have to play by the rules. Game rules, playoff rules whatever. I hate they didn’t get in but according to the rules they didn’t qualify. Fall ball starts in about four months. GO BIG RED !
Housed ‘em! Raider....u got...what so many want! U ain’t getting pity over here! Spoiler!

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Ain’t lookin for pity. Just saying I’m not sure SP beats Shelby if the game’s played two or three weeks earlier. But what the hey, nobody minds beating Shelby regardless of the situation. Winning that game didn’t make up for missing the playoffs but it helped. Fall ball starts in about four months. GO BIG RED !

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Ain’t lookin for pity. Just saying I’m not sure SP beats Shelby if the game’s played two or three weeks earlier. But what the hey, nobody minds beating Shelby regardless of the situation. Winning that game didn’t make up for missing the playoffs but it helped. Fall ball starts in about four months. GO BIG RED !
I know ur not! Y’all bowed up...won out when none of us thought u could! Priceless!...in my book.
Wishing u was in!

Reactions: SPRaiders78
sp should be in the playoffs. good luck this fall!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hoping you hang around a week or two.... I’ll need some consoling words...no pity....but a shoulder to cry on might help!😂😂😂

Reactions: SPRaiders78
My allegiance at this point will go to my former home of Mt Pleasant. My wife taught at the high school for 21 years. When I couldn’t get home for SP games most Friday nights you could find me watching the Tigers. Most of those years they weren’t very good. Coach Johns has had them on a roll the last eight to ten years. I haven’t seen them this year but they are undefeated. I’ll follow and pull for Mt Pleasant as long as they stay alive this year.

Have stayed off the boards in this strange year and missed more games in person that I normally would in a decade. The livestreams were not the greatest quality but were greatly appreciated. SP looked more like SP teams of the past in the last half of the season. The new coaching staff seems to be settling in. I expect SP to be improved next year but moving back up to 3A will be fun and interesting. Beating Shelby on the way out the door was a plus. IMO, this was the best 2A conference in the state by a long margin. Good luck to Shelby and Burns. We will be pulling for you.

I agree with SPRedRaider, O line should be strong for the next 2 years. Skill positions could use some help. Defense overall played well this season. Has been a strange season. I saw 4 games in person and the other 3 on live feed. Should be an interesting fall going back to 3A.

Guys who do you see as the starting QB in the fall? I think we saw this spring the QB position is not so much about size and speed with this offense, it’s about making good decisions

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT