CHASE TROJANS @ SOUTH POINT

mackey55

Nov 9, 2019
Forest city nc
Chase beats a very good RS~CENTRAL TEAM
IN OVERTIME 50-49

while SOUTH POINT comes off a big win beating SHELBY GOLDEN LIONS 28-16

WHO DO YALL GOT ?

I’m gonna have to go with the midgets also IF Chase don’t find some dang DEFENSE!!!!

I’m gonna have to go with the midgets also IF Chase don’t find some dang DEFENSE!!!!
Do you think the better team won last night? I knew it was going to be slobber knocker. I was leaning towards RS, though. Good to see the RC schools improving with the exception of East. Not sure what happened there. Too bad this conference will be no more after this season. It was really on the up and up.

It's incredibly difficult to win at South Point. There's just something about that place. Although I'm sure it's not the same right now with hardly any fans allowed to go. But for traditions sake I'll take the Red Raiders in a close one. 35-34 Raiders..

Side note if I remember correctly, didn't Chase put South Point out of the playoffs a year ago?

Reactions: mackey55
It's incredibly difficult to win at South Point. There's just something about that place. Although I'm sure it's not the same right now with hardly any fans allowed to go. But for traditions sake I'll take the Red Raiders in a close one. 35-34 Raiders..

Side note if I remember correctly, didn't Chase put South Point out of the playoffs a year ago?
Yes, Chase did, and unfortunately for them, you’re down 7 points getting of the bus, whenever you play in Belmont.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
This will be South Point’s third and final home game this year. So far we’re 0 and 2. Burns and R-S both got us at home this year. So I’m not sure home field is as big a deal as you guys are trying for make it. I’ll take SP in a close one but won’t be a bit surprised if it doesn’t go our way.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
So the #10 team in 2A comes to Belmont to play the #12 team. What a weird season. I don’t think either can make the playoffs because of in conferences losses. Now I’m hearing if tickets for the game weren’t purchased by last Thursday at the school, you want get in. No ticket sales at the gate.

I was wondering about the playoff, if RS beats Burns and Chase beats SP, then wouldn't there be a three way tie with RS beating Burns, Chase beating RS, and Burns beating Chase. I might be wrong on that but that's what in my pea brain. I guess they would then coin flip or draw out of a hat?

I was wondering about the playoff, if RS beats Burns and Chase beats SP, then wouldn't there be a three way tie with RS beating Burns, Chase beating RS, and Burns beating Chase. I might be wrong on that but that's what in my pea brain. I guess they would then coin flip or draw out of a hat?
If Burns wins they are in.
If RS beats Burns and SP beats Chase SP is in because they beat Shelby.
If RS beats Burns and Chase beats SP you have a draw with RS, Burns and Chase. I think this is the correct situation.

My brother-in-law told me there was still a way South Point could get in. Long shot at best but I’m glad the Red Raiders still have something to play for. Take care of your business SP and yes we will take all the help we can get. I’d love to see SP close out their 2A time with a playoff run. A deep playoff run since I’m hoping and wishing.

A Chase guy started this thread. I kinda hoped we could do a little good hearted jawing. But he’s gone silent.

My brother-in-law told me there was still a way South Point could get in. Long shot at best but I’m glad the Red Raiders still have something to play for. Take care of your business SP and yes we will take all the help we can get. I’d love to see SP close out their 2A time with a playoff run. A deep playoff run since I’m hoping and wishing.

A Chase guy started this thread. I kinda hoped we could do a little good hearted jawing. But he’s gone silent.
Hoping it happens! I’ll be glued!

If I can stay dry, I’ll try to send updates tomorrow night. Should be a good game. From everything I’ve heard, I think South Point’s defense is better than Chase’s. I don’t gamble but if I did, I’d put my money on those Red Raiders. South Point by 10!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I may be wrong, but I dont think SP can get in, even if they win. If SP wins, and RS wins they would have identical conference records, but RS has the tie breaker over SP bc they beat them. I dont think your record against the conference champ is the tie breaker.....first tie breaker is head to head.

If I can stay dry, I’ll try to send updates tomorrow night. Should be a good game. From everything I’ve heard, I think South Point’s defense is better than Chase’s. I don’t gamble but if I did, I’d put my money on those Red Raiders. South Point by 10!
Your right SP's defense is better than Chase's but Chase probably has the most explosive offense in the conference in my worthless opinion.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
That’s the way I saw things as well. I hope we are wrong. Maybe for once my b-i-l knows what he’s talking about. 🤷‍♂️

Mackey isn’t a old man like us with nothing better to do than gossip about football either ...... trust me he would talk junk all day LOL

• Haha
Im going to go with Chase on this one. Coach Cog will have his defense ready in my opinion. My goodness there are alot of good games this evening. For us Burns fans and Shelby as well lets enjoy this becasue the 1A blowout practice sessions are in full effect next searson...Yawn.

Hopefully a Burns win will make it moot, but we need a Chase win to keep us alive if we lose. A Burns loss and South Point win puts RS in the playoffs by virtue of RS beating both Burns and SP. A Chase and RS win will force a drawing between Burns, Chase and RS. So South Point is out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT