ADVERTISEMENT

Chase @ Reidsville

They grow some big boys in Forest City ... check out this roster:
Reagan McCranie 6-3, 310 (has committed to Duke)
Kadin Metz 6-5, 400
Chris Lee 5-9, 300
Justin Jones 5-9, 260
Jeremiah Lipscomb 6-0, 270
Hayden Galloway 6-3, 260
Landon Barnes 6-6, 230

Don't know how many of these guys are starters, but they are impressive-looking on paper.

Reidsville has some decent size as well ... (but can't compare to Chase)
Kendre Harrison 6-5, 200
Nicer Kelly 6-2, 273
Tyrese Turner 6-3, 245
Nashaun Price 6-0, 275
Matthew Guill 6-2, 250

Kadin Metz 6-5, 400
Chris Lee 5-9, 300
Justin Jones 5-9, 260
Hayden Galloway 6-3, 260
Landon Barnes 6-6, 230

Don't know how many of these guys are starters, but they are impressive-looking on paper.

Kendre Harrison 6-5, 200
Nicer Kelly 6-2, 273
Tyrese Turner 6-3, 245
Nashaun Price 6-0, 275
Matthew Guill 6-2, 250
Listen Rutherford co. has had a lot of very good players but most of them have gone over to Cleveland co. to play football…. And I don’t blame them one bit .. coaching in Rutherford co has always sucked … Chase finally had the balls to not do a “good Ol boy” hire and went out and hired 2 great coaches for the Trojans. Just look at the rest of the country schools football

Listen Rutherford co. has had a lot of very good players but most of them have gone over to Cleveland co. to play football…. And I don’t blame them one bit .. coaching in Rutherford co has always sucked … Chase finally had the balls to not do a “good Ol boy” hire and went out and hired 2 great coaches for the Trojans. Just look at the rest of the country schools football
It helped Chase immensely that East didn't have a varsity team last year. A lot of kids jumped ship and went to Chase. It'll be interesting to see if Chase can sustain success for several years after these past couple.

Emoji Think GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
I actually think Reidsville should be west. If all the Greensboro teams are west then Reidsville should be too. Reidsville is only 20-30 mins away from most to all the Greensboro schools. But as far as balance of east and west for football sake, I think you're right.
goob might like it

What are the top three schools in Cleveland County for someone from Rutherford County to take impressive athletic ability to the next level ? Can anyone name any individuals in the past 15 years that has taken advantage of this opportunity?

What are the top three schools in Cleveland County for someone from Rutherford County to take impressive athletic ability to the next level ? Can anyone name any individuals in the past 15 years that has taken advantage of this opportunity?
I don’t know of any. But Burns has a sophomore this year from East Rutherford and he is the real deal. Big kid. Good linebacker.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Massey does have a function that adjusts for that.

His matchup tool says Reidsville by 1 at home.
This is going to be a close game. Can Reidsville slow down the Chase powerful running game? Can Chase slow down the Reidsville lethal offense?

Turnovers will probably decide the outcome

Looking forward to a great effort by both teams.

Kadin Metz 6-5, 400
Chris Lee 5-9, 300
Justin Jones 5-9, 260
Hayden Galloway 6-3, 260
Landon Barnes 6-6, 230

Kendre Harrison 6-5, 200
Nicer Kelly 6-2, 273
Tyrese Turner 6-3, 245
Nashaun Price 6-0, 275
Matthew Guill 6-2, 250
woah

I never will forget the 1994 Bessemer City roster. Probably one of the most impressive rosters I seen for 2A. Don’t know the names but I remember anywhere from 6-2 to 6-6 around 280-330lbs. With 4 or 5 being 6-3 to 6-4. I think that was the best years of football they ever had. Of course those were lineman.

I never will forget the 1994 Bessemer City roster. Probably one of the most impressive rosters I seen for 2A. Don’t know the names but I remember anywhere from 6-2 to 6-6 around 280-330lbs. With 4 or 5 being 6-3 to 6-4. I think that was the best years of football they ever had. Of course those were lineman.
They also had Philip Crosby at RB on that team (about 230 in HS). Played at UTenn and the Buffalo Bills.

These teams played last season. I think this will be competitive game. But I also think Last years Chase team would be currently undefeated vs their schedule this season
Probably so…….but this team is better.

The question is can they do it without RB McCombs even tho the QB is a threat to take It to the house on every play. Just imagine what it could be with that guy. McCombs was a GREAT high school RB. Dude can flat out ball. Sad to see him miss this opportunity.

This game comes down to the Rams stopping the Trojans running game and vice versa on the Rams passing game.
Should be a very interesting game with the winner possibly playing in Lawndale in two weeks.

Good luck Trojans!!!!!!

Probably so…….but this team is better.

The question is can they do it without RB McCombs even tho the QB is a threat to take It to the house on every play. Just imagine what it could be with that guy. McCombs was a GREAT high school RB. Dude can flat out ball. Sad to see him miss this opportunity.

This game comes down to the Rams stopping the Trojans running game and vice versa on the Rams passing game.
Should be a very interesting game with the winner possibly playing in Lawndale in two weeks.

Good luck Trojans!!!!!!

Reidsville would not have to travel to Lawndale. I also think Reidsville has more talent than they did last year. I don't think the rams are playing better than they did last year. But the talent is better, imo. I do look for a good competitive game though.

Reidsville would not have to travel to Lawndale. I also think Reidsville has more talent than they did last year. I don't think the rams are playing better than they did last year. But the talent is better, imo. I do look for a good competitive game though.
My bad….I just have Burns as the #1 team in the 2A West locked in my mind. I think they’re the best team in 2A having watched most all the west favorites play. But it’s way too early to crown a champ in this loaded 2A West even without Shelby. The Rams should be better as well with a lot of starters rtng. It’ll all come down to staying healthy, dodging bad luck, getting a break or two - with maybe - maybe not - the best team winning. It should be a fun ride.

My bad….I just have Burns as the #1 team in the 2A West locked in my mind. I think they’re the best team in 2A having watched most all the west favorites play. But it’s way too early to crown a champ in this loaded 2A West even without Shelby. The Rams should be better as well with a lot of starters rtng. It’ll all come down to staying healthy, dodging bad luck, getting a break or two - with maybe - maybe not - the best team winning. It should be a fun ride.
I looked at stats for chase last year didn't really see rudisill with any yards. If he is that good how is he only just now getting playing time as a senior? Transfer? Not talking junk but a serious question and did they get a kicker who can make extra points this year?

Last edited:

Kollin Byers was at East for 2 years and hardly ever played … was 6.4. 260ish Went to Crest and actually got some coaching and a starting job won 2 rings and got a scholarship to NC state…. He sat the bench at East Rutherford!!!!

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT