ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Catholic Head Coach Stepping Down

St X gig is a hard one to turn down. Iconic brand.
St X was founded in 1831, long before football existed. They have turned out a number of great players, including Luke Kuechly. Mr Clean, if ever there was one.

I understand St X guys are like a brotherhood, and I imagine Luke and Reilly are at least aquainted at some level. Do you think a recommendation from Luke might help a guy get a job at St X? No info, just a guess.

This detective work is fun. I just found that Luke is married to a girl from Cincinniti whose last name was Reilly, and who has a brother named Matt. Could it be that Luke and Matt Reilly are brothers in law? (Everybody at Catholic probably already knew this, but it was news to me.)

One last thing. Luke's wife is a surgeon, which might explain why he left football as early as he did. She probably had a better look at the hand writing on the wall than most people.

Sorry for being so far off the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: btango
St X was founded in 1831, long before football existed. They have turned out a number of great players, including Luke Kuechly. Mr Clean, if ever there was one.

I understand St X guys are like a brotherhood, and I imagine Luke and Reilly are at least aquainted at some level. Do you think a recommendation from Luke might help a guy get a job at St X? No info, just a guess.

This detective work is fun. I just found that Luke is married to a girl from Cincinniti whose last name was Reilly, and who has a brother named Matt. Could it be that Luke and Matt Reilly are brothers in law? (Everybody at Catholic probably already knew this, but it was news to me.)

One last thing. Luke's wife is a surgeon, which might explain why he left football as early as he did. She probably had a better look at the hand writing on the wall than most people.

Sorry for being so far off the subject.
Luke is not married to his sister, but Matt and Luke did graduate together and are friends

Especially having gone to school there and having his parents and siblings living there.
Hmmm. In one thread we congratulate a coach leaving a team during summer but in another ridicule a player for transferring. Make it make sense.

Hmmm. In one thread we congratulate a coach leaving a team during summer but in another ridicule a player for transferring. Make it make sense.
This is way off the subject, but here goes.

It seems like nothing really matters (makes sense) anymore. Right or wrong, whatever that means, can't be enforced. They might as well throw the rules and regulations in the trash. If they let 99 out of 100 get by, and penalize the 1 they decide to investigate (Smothers, for example), that's hardly fair to the 1.

Wonder how long it will be before they come up with a plan to pay HS players? Nike, and some booster clubs with wealthy supporters would be glad to play that game. And what about legalized gambling on HS games? The gambling part may already exist, not so much in NC (yet), but possibly in other parts of the country. If they let "trophy hunter" boys compete against girls, and require them to use the same dressing rooms and showers, then almost anything could happen.

I shouldn't do this, but I think I will press "post reply". I told you it was off the subject.

Last edited:
This is way off the subject, but here goes.

It seems like nothing really matters (makes sense) anymore. Right or wrong, whatever that means, can't be enforced. They might as well throw the rules and regulations in the trash. If they let 99 out of 100 get by, and penalize the 1 they decide to investigate (Smothers, for example), that's hardly fair to the 1.

Wonder how long it will be before they come up with a plan to pay HS players? Nike, and some booster clubs with wealthy supporters would be glad to play that game. And what about legalized gambling on HS games? The gambling part may already exist, not so much in NC (yet), but possibly in other parts of the country. If they let "trophy hunter" boys compete against girls, and require them to use the same dressing rooms and showers, then most anything could happen.

I shouldn't do this, but I think I will press "post reply". I told you it was off the subject.
You are not far off at all and that's what's crazy. NIL for HS is coming and it will be a game changer. Not the basic $100 NIL, but to the point where MS kids will announce HS and be financially induced to pick a certain HS. To an extent this happens already. Go to X HS we got you on reduced training and trips, and exposure to certain colleges etc etc.

Legalized gambling is atrocious. Once it hit NC, prize picks, fan duel, etc etc have taken over and YES they are advertising to youths. Gambling is a sin, and has destroyed families, homes, and broken individuals. But hey its America do what you want regardless of the effect on the rest of us.

The men competing with women is beyond me. The advantages a biological male has over a woman are too numerous to even list. Now some women are born with XY or XXY and they should be able to compete with women. But a transgender male that just wants to win and dominate vs. women is unacceptable.

You are spot on @Straight Scope

I see Charlotte Catholic has their new head coach Keith Emery. A former Charlotte 49ers assistant coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT