ADVERTISEMENT

NIL approved for NC private schools

Idk, private schools being another cookie and advantage over public schools??? The rich get richer.
Someone will take it to court. The Supreme Court already ruled 9-0 against the NCAA. Don’t see how states can be any different. All states will have to eventually allow NIL.You want be able to say a kid at a Private School can make Money off NIL and a Public School kid cant. How is it any different than a kid working a job and playing a sport. If someone that owns a business wants to pay a kid for their NIL that’s the kids job

Someone will take it to court. The Supreme Court already ruled 9-0 against the NCAA. Don’t see how states can be any different. All states will have to eventually allow NIL.You want be able to say a kid at a Private School can make Money off NIL and a Public School kid cant. How is it any different than a kid working a job and playing a sport. If someone that owns a business wants to pay a kid for their NIL that’s the kids job

Well right now a private kid can and a public can't and we know the state isn't going to allow public to unless forced especially after stopping it once. I'm with you and think it will eventually become a thing everywhere and honestly if a business wants to pay a kid to do a radio add for a cheeseburger or car then let them.

Well right now a private kid can and a public can't and we know the state isn't going to allow public to unless forced especially after stopping it once. I'm with you and think it will eventually become a thing everywhere and honestly if a business wants to pay a kid to do a radio add for a cheeseburger or car then let them.
What says you can’t hire kid right now as your social media employee to make post about your business. You can be like I hired not because of his NIL but because I thought he would be good employee for my company.

What says you can’t hire kid right now as your social media employee to make post about your business. You can be like I hired not because of his NIL but because I thought he would be good employee for my company.

There is nothing that says you can't but then you get into labor laws and all that. Is a business going to do that for a kid to do social media stuff?

There is nothing that says you can't but then you get into labor laws and all that. Is a business going to do that for a kid to do social media stuff?
My daughter got a summer job last year at 15. How are going to tell a 15 year athlete you can’t get a job off your NIL. If you have a NIL deal you are an employee of whoever it’s for. These kids are going to have pay taxes just like my daughter did.

The State of Tennessee and Virginia just sued the NCAA today over NIL

Reactions: footballstar_17
The difference is that, with an NIL deal, the kid would be wearing a school jersey or in some other way, identifying themselves as an athlete. That’s the problem I have with it.
Advertise for money? Sure. But not just because you’re a high school athlete. What’s next? Middle school? Youth leagues? Got a ten year old prodigy? Sell him to the highest bidder.
That may sound far fetched, but five years ago nobody thought we’d be having this discussion.

Reactions: sbbbfan
The only problem I'd have with any of that is making sure the kid's best interests were seen to. Doesn't California have a law that prevents stage parents from taking all the money their child earns, or something like that? Something similar might be called for with this and I would hope that a particularly successful teen would have someone advising him or her to hire ethical professionals to help manage their wealth.
ESPN had a "30 for 30" special a few years ago about all the pro athletes who blew threw everything they made in pro ball. A kid who gets paid handsomely for their talent may not know that they might not get another such opportunity, and also may not understand what needs to be done for their future (and parents might be in the same boat).
A kid who is getting gas money from NIL or maybe a few hundred dollars a month from a company for advertising strikes me as no big deal.
Edit-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Child_Actor%27s_Bill

The difference is that, with an NIL deal, the kid would be wearing a school jersey or in some other way, identifying themselves as an athlete. That’s the problem I have with it.
Advertise for money? Sure. But not just because you’re a high school athlete. What’s next? Middle school? Youth leagues? Got a ten year old prodigy? Sell him to the highest bidder.
That may sound far fetched, but five years ago nobody thought we’d be having this discussion.
High School NIL laws in states I have seen say that the kid can’t promote the school they go to. You couldn’t wear your jersey. Why is ok for high school kid to get a job and go to work but not an Athlete on their NIL. If you are in the band and really good at your instrument you could go do shows on the weekends and make money

If I owned a business in Reidsville tell why I can’t or shouldn’t be able to give Kendre Harrison a NIL deal promoting my business for his next 2 years of high school.

If I owned a business in Reidsville tell why I can’t or shouldn’t be able to give Kendre Harrison a NIL deal promoting my business for his next 2 years of high school.

High School NIL laws in states I have seen say that the kid can’t promote the school they go to. You couldn’t wear your jersey. Why is ok for high school kid to get a job and go to work but not an Athlete on their NIL. If you are in the band and really good at your instrument you could go do shows on the weekends and make money
If you read my previous post, you’ll see that I have no problem with doing what you describe. And they really already can. As long as you don’t identify in any way as a high school athlete, you can already do that. NIL isn’t a part of it. But when you’re advertising using your amateur high school athletic status, it becomes an NIL deal. I don’t think that’s in anybody’s best interest. We may disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT