ADVERTISEMENT

Championship games on TV

Cardsfan50

Oct 18, 2013
Does anyone know what Spectrum Cable channel the state championship games will be broadcasted?

Curious how many folks attend the state championship games. Seems like the concensus is that these games would be more at home in a 10K - 15K seat stadium (as opposed to 50K - 60K). Memorial Stadium in Charlotte and UNCC seem like a great fit and are in the middle of the state.

I like how in Texas, even playoff games are played on neutral fields.

I like how in Texas, even playoff games are played on neutral fields.
The culture there is just different. Even the big city/suburb schools have a ton of support from their fans. Here' the best schools don't get nearly the support. You'd have a lot of empty games.

The culture there is just different. Even the big city/suburb schools have a ton of support from their fans. Here' the best schools don't get nearly the support. You'd have a lot of empty games.
Yes, football is nearly a religion down there.

Curious how many folks attend the state championship games. Seems like the concensus is that these games would be more at home in a 10K - 15K seat stadium (as opposed to 50K - 60K). Memorial Stadium in Charlotte and UNCC seem like a great fit and are in the middle of the state.
Charlotte is not in the middle of the state..... Middle of the state would be more like Jamieson Stadium (Greensboro College) for 1A and 2A, Elon for 3A, and NC A&T SU for 4A.
It'll never happen though, for the most part, kids want to play at the bigger P5 stadiums.

Reactions: LC3III
Charlotte is not in the middle of the state..... Middle of the state would be more like Jamieson Stadium (Greensboro College) for 1A and 2A, Elon for 3A, and NC A&T SU for 4A.
It'll never happen though, for the most part, kids want to play at the bigger P5 stadiums.
In basketball, Hickory and Greenville have often been utilized for East and West Regional Championships. They seem to approximate the centers of Western and Eastern NC, respectively.

Ficklen in Greenville is good. How many does Lenoir-Rhyne seat for football? Moretz 7200 now, 10k soon. Elon also has a centralized stadium of good size.

Charlotte is a long drive for Eastern NC teams. Tabacco Road schools work out better.

Reactions: ncjeff
I dont think Jamieson Stadium is a bad place for a big game. The night I was there, you had to leave the visitor side to get full concession options and to be able to use cards to buy food, which was a bummer, but overall great stadium. Side note, I think the ACC hoops tournament should be in GBO every year, but I'm an NC native.

Charlotte might be 80 miles west of the geographic center of NC, but its the most thriving city in NC and with the right marketing could make a state championship in the right stadium a big deal.

The middle of the state for transportation purposes is the Interstate 85/73 exchange in Greensboro. NC State is slightly closer to that point than UNCC is. ECU is extreme east with over 95% of the state population living to the west of the Greenville. LR is about half the distance from 85/73 as ECU.

The biggest issue I find with Charlotte is there is so much going on high school football takes a back seat to pro sports and social events as does UNCC athletics.

Issue at A&T is parking plus they would not commit to post season games. My issue is having a track around the field but cannot be perfect.

Couple of items a centralized facility needs to have is adequate and hopefully very nearby parking, four dressing rooms if there are back to back games, and preferably turf fields if mutiple games are played on the weekend. Kenan and Carter Finley have both had field issues over the years.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Stadium Parking at A&T is not great, you're right. Also I somewhat doubt they want high school ball players with cleats on near that pristine track that they run the NCAA and US/Olympic time trials on (past and future).

Reactions: btango
Stadium Parking at A&T is not great, you're right. Also I somewhat doubt they want high school ball players with cleats on near that pristine track that they run the NCAA and US/Olympic time trials on (past and future).
They have mats they put down to protect the track where the teams cross the track.

While these post are very interesting, no one has answered the original question. One in which I would like to know as well. Will these games be streamed like the other playoff games?

if thats the case what is the egular season for, horrible idea, maybe the
regional finals
A lot of stadiums to choose from in Texas with turf and all the features. You will see a lot of games with very strong records early in the playoffs plus there are games where teams travel 100-300 miles. They will often meet at a big high school or college to split the travel.

Like I said, terrible idea for the fans who don’t want to travel that far…you play a regular season to play playoff games on your home field, familiar surroundings,
A 10-1 playing a 6-5 on a neutral field .
Not,,,,, Not even for a premium field

Like I said, terrible idea for the fans who don’t want to travel that far…you play a regular season to play playoff games on your home field, familiar surroundings,
A 10-1 playing a 6-5 on a neutral field .
Not,,,,, Not even for a premium field
Trust me. Fans in Texas don't mind travelling that far. They do it often.

Does anyone know what Spectrum Cable channel the state championship games will be broadcasted?

In the Triad, they will be on MY48, which is channel 15 and 715 on Spectrum here. It looks like it is the same up in Wilkes. One of those might be HD and the other SD. I don't have Spectrum, so I'm not sure about that part.

You might also be able to pick up a cheap digital antenna and watch it on 48.1.

Last edited:
In the Triad, they will be on MY48, which is channel 15 and 715 on Spectrum here. It looks like it is the same up in Wilkes. One of those might be HD and the other SD. I don't have Spectrum, so I'm not sure about that part.

You might also be able to pick up a cheap digital antenna and watch it on 48.1.
NFHS network will be carrying it.

I dumped them earlier in the year when half of their cameras didn't work.

The Sinclair coverage on 48 is usually pretty good. Several camera angles, replays, decent commentary.
IS there a link to this?

The middle of the state for transportation purposes is the Interstate 85/73 exchange in Greensboro. NC State is slightly closer to that point than UNCC is. ECU is extreme east with over 95% of the state population living to the west of the Greenville. LR is about half the distance from 85/73 as ECU.

The biggest issue I find with Charlotte is there is so much going on high school football takes a back seat to pro sports and social events as does UNCC athletics.

Issue at A&T is parking plus they would not commit to post season games. My issue is having a track around the field but cannot be perfect.

Couple of items a centralized facility needs to have is adequate and hopefully very nearby parking, four dressing rooms if there are back to back games, and preferably turf fields if mutiple games are played on the weekend. Kenan and Carter Finley have both had field issues over the years.
Lenoir Rhyne's Moretz Stadium will seat 8500 with plenty of parking with a turf field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT