ADVERTISEMENT

Cats v Dogs

First off congratulations to Andrews, well earned and well deserved. You could tell which team truly wanted it more.

As for Murphy, we can harp on this, that or the other but the bottom line is this was an unacceptable result, full stop. If there's no changes on the horizon I'd expect to see a lot of empty stands next year and a bunch of pissed off people in the community.

Well, pretty soon yunz will be pulling for the same team (wilddamdogs) and can laugh about these old battles.

Reactions: Swain97
I'm glad Andrews got the win. And not because they beat Mitchell, or I have any animosity towards Murphy. Just wanted to see them get a win before consolidation.
Thank you
You mentioned a few weeks ago we might meet in playoffs. Both teams are healthy again so who knows. Best of luck to the Mountaineers in the playoffs as well as all our SMC teams. I’m going to enjoy this win for the next 7 days first

Thank you
You mentioned a few weeks ago we might meet in playoffs. Both teams are healthy again so who knows. Best of luck to the Mountaineers in the playoffs as well as all our SMC teams. I’m going to enjoy this win for the next 7 days first
If I'm correct on the seeding if Andrews had lost Mitchell and Andrews may have played in the 2nd round but now that they won only if they played for the West regional championship.

I'm glad Andrews got the win. And not because they beat Mitchell, or I have any animosity towards Murphy. Just wanted to see them get a win before consolidation.
(Not buying it.)
Good luck to your Mountaineers.
Believe this is your year,only unknown is Mt Airy may be the best team , we'll find out in a couple weeks when they finally have to play a team with a pulse...
Shout out to Coach Pittman he has done ,one hell of a job at Mitchell.

Got top players coming off field last night arguing with coaches and cussin about how tired they are of the daddy ball bull$#%!. Cant blame em. Everyone tired of the daddy ball thats poisonin the program. This team has quit on this coaching staff

Got top players coming off field last night arguing with coaches and cussin about how tired they are of the daddy ball bull$#%!. Cant blame em. Everyone tired of the daddy ball thats poisonin the program. This team has quit on this coaching staff
Wow

First off congratulations to Andrews, well earned and well deserved. You could tell which team truly wanted it more.

As for Murphy, we can harp on this, that or the other but the bottom line is this was an unacceptable result, full stop. If there's no changes on the horizon I'd expect to see a lot of empty stands next year and a bunch of pissed off people in the community.
This team has played soft all year with the exception of a couple of games. You can’t coach heart and all of these kids with the exception of 1 or 2 don’t have heart. Way to many with clean, white jerseys on rainy night. It’s got nothing to do with “daddy ball”. They’ve got to want to win. Andrews wanted it more plain and simple. There were wide open plays all night long if a block was made or a pass was made. You can’t play the game for them.

Y’all go join my Facebook page High school football talk page. We need some people from up that way. Thanks

Reactions: BK13T-$
First off, a huge congratulations to the Andrew’s Wildcats. They have come close so many times over the past decade and they finally cleared the hump. I thought they won with class too. Martin didn’t even celebrate at the buzzer. Walked straight to the 50 to shake hands. I could not be prouder of that kid. He has more heart than maybe any other player in the SMC and was a wrecking ball on offense and defense. As for Murphy, I actually thought they lost with grace. I was on the fence when the team met and they were quiet and humbled. I thought the defense played decently. No points offensively in the second half. Hard to win a game when you only score 12 points. The 51 freshman is all heart out there even though he is out matched. 34 gives everything he has. 28 is going to be outstanding the next two years. 30 was giving Andrew’s fits on the defensive line. I didn’t see that move coming. We are all talking about Murphy’s defense but the offense is struggling. Not sure what the answer is. All that said, Andrew’s played a great ball game and deserved the W. Can’t say it wasn’t earned or deserved. Congrats to the wildcat faithful.

First off, a huge congratulations to the Andrew’s Wildcats. They have come close so many times over the past decade and they finally cleared the hump. I thought they won with class too. Martin didn’t even celebrate at the buzzer. Walked straight to the 50 to shake hands. I could not be prouder of that kid. He has more heart than maybe any other player in the SMC and was a wrecking ball on offense and defense. As for Murphy, I actually thought they lost with grace. I was on the fence when the team met and they were quiet and humbled. I thought the defense played decently. No points offensively in the second half. Hard to win a game when you only score 12 points. The 51 freshman is all heart out there even though he is out matched. 34 gives everything he has. 28 is going to be outstanding the next two years. 30 was giving Andrew’s fits on the defensive line. I didn’t see that move coming. We are all talking about Murphy’s defense but the offense is struggling. Not sure what the answer is. All that said, Andrew’s played a great ball game and deserved the W. Can’t say it wasn’t earned or deserved. Congrats to the wildcat faithful.
Hard to win too when you turn the ball over three times.

This team has played soft all year with the exception of a couple of games. You can’t coach heart and all of these kids with the exception of 1 or 2 don’t have heart. Way to many with clean, white jerseys on rainy night. It’s got nothing to do with “daddy ball”. They’ve got to want to win. Andrews wanted it more plain and simple. There were wide open plays all night long if a block was made or a pass was made. You can’t play the game for them.
all the players fault. gotcha. that attitude is why some wont be there next season. you see how little heart they got in somebody else colors

Always the coach’s fault. That attitude is the difference between a player and a baller. Ballers don’t make excuses, they make plays. There weren’t many plays made last night.
Can we stop pretending that it’s not both the coaches and the players fault? Jesus. Doesn’t matter who is at fault. Matters what you are gonna do about it.

Always the coach’s fault. That attitude is the difference between a player and a baller. Ballers don’t make excuses, they make plays. There weren’t many plays made last night.

You ridiculed my suggestion of who I thought should be the coach of new high school. While I know that it is a slim to none chance of ever happening, im just curious to hear who you think should be the coach. Do you think Joseph should slide right into the position without opening the position up to other candidates?

I don't know why you quoted me, but your point I agree this team is playing soft and the chemistry just isn't there from what I've seen, too many individuals and not enough of a "we" mentality. But what changed? These are many of the same kids from the title team in the spring, that team showed a lot of fight and heart during the playoff run, why the 180?

This team is poor in the trenches, they've been whipped upfront by just about every team in the conference and that was the case even before the recent spat of injuries. The only conference game you could really say they weren't handled upfront is the Swain game. These are many of the same lineman from the spring, that shouldn't be happening. This team has issues well beyond any X's and O's, there's no denying that but they are missing the likes of Thompson, Nelson, etc. it's pretty obvious. My point was simple, if there's no additions to the staff I just think you're going to see a really unhappy group of people come next fall, right or wrong. We've discussed the difficult logisitics of adding coaches in this climate but that's not going to change Joe Public's feelings on it, surely you know that as well as I.

I don't know why you quoted me, but your point I agree this team is playing soft and the chemistry just isn't there from what I've seen, too many individuals and not enough of a "we" mentality. But what changed? These are many of the same kids from the title team in the spring, that team showed a lot of fight and heart during the playoff run, why the 180?

This team is poor in the trenches, they've been whipped upfront by just about every team in the conference and that was the case even before the recent spat of injuries. The only conference game you could really say they weren't handled upfront is the Swain game. These are many of the same lineman from the spring, that shouldn't be happening. This team has issues well beyond any X's and O's, there's no denying that but they are missing the likes of Thompson, Nelson, etc. it's pretty obvious. My point was simple, if there's no additions to the staff I just think you're going to see a really unhappy group of people come next fall, right or wrong. We've discussed the difficult logisitics of adding coaches in this climate but that's not going to change Joe Public's feelings on it, surely you know that as well as I.
I don’t understand a lot of the posts about daddy ball. Who is playing that shouldn’t be? Who is not playing that should be?

I don’t understand a lot of the posts about daddy ball. Who is playing that shouldn’t be? Who is not playing that should be?
I think people use that as vitriol because they want to direct their anger somewhere, it's a cheap attack. Are there things that I personally would like to see different in regards to some of the personnel? Yes, but I'm not a coach and I don't see all these kids day in and day out.

There are a few things that I don't understand though and would like to know the though process behind it. Like why #11 isn't used offensively, the kid has all the tools at WR, I really don't get that one. I thought #17 looked really good for a freshman at DE against Swain, yet he saw basically no snaps on D last night. Not sure why #30 isn't part of the offense anymore, I like #34 and #28 but #30 brings a different element with his speed, feel like he should still be part of the backfield rotation.

Last edited:
I think people use that as vitriol because they want to direct their anger somewhere, it's a cheap attack. Are there things that I personally would like to see different in regards to some of the personnel? Yes, but I'm not a coach and I don't see all these kids day in and day out.

There are a few things that I don't understand though and would like to know the though process behind it. Like why #11 isn't used offensively, the kid has all the tools at WR, I really don't get that one. I thought #17 looked really good for a freshman at DE against Swain, yet he saw basically no snaps on D last night. Not sure why #30 isn't part of the offense anymore, I like #34 and #28 but #30 brings a different element with his speed, feel like he should still be part of the backfield rotation.
Being a outsider looking in I see a lot of speed and athleticism not being used properly. You get your playmakers the ball and I don’t see them getting it to #30, #3 and Allen enough. Feed those 3 the ball !!

Being a outsider looking in I see a lot of speed and athleticism not being used properly. You get your playmakers the ball and I don’t see them getting it to #30, #3 and Allen enough. Feed those 3 the ball !!

I’m not here to bash players, parents or coaches. IMHO giving #30 5 to 8 carries a game at tail would be a huge boost to Murphy’s offense.

Reactions: mhs95 and mbdfan
I stood on the sideline last night never seen or heard any such crap. probably disgruntled parents, your not gonna have 4 coaches leave in June and everything go as normal, the offensive line is depleted with injuries, let's give this staff time to get their feet under them and I think they will do fine.
GO DOGS!

There are some of the same lineman, but three starters were out Friday night (Thrasher, Brinke and Willard-out first quarter). You’re also missing Yousef which was the dominator on the line last year. They’ve been successful on offense up until this game hut have struggling on the line. There’s just no depth and when you have 3 starters out it’s hard to recover.

There are some of the same lineman, but three starters were out Friday night (Thrasher, Brinke and Willard-out first quarter). You’re also missing Yousef which was the dominator on the line last year. They’ve been successful on offense up until this game hut have struggling on the line. There’s just no depth and when you have 3 starters out it’s hard to recover.

Was it because 3 starters were out the 1st Qt, or because only 1 or 2 players play with "heart"? You made the comment in an above post saying you can't teach "heart" and only 1 or 2 played with "heart".

Was it because 3 starters were out the 1st Qt, or because only 1 or 2 players play with "heart"? You made the comment in an above post saying you can't teach "heart" and only 1 or 2 played with "heart".
It’s both actually. I was replying to the statement that all the lineman were returning. I was pointing out the fact that actually we are missing a lot from the Spring. If you were actually at the game, then you’d know that only 1 or 2 played with “heart”

It’s both actually. I was replying to the statement that all the lineman were returning. I was pointing out the fact that actually we are missing a lot from the Spring. If you were actually at the game, then you’d know that only 1 or 2 played with “heart”
Which 1 or 2 in your professional opinion? I was there with MHS-88. Wasn't the problem I saw.

There’s just no depth and when you have 3 starters out it’s hard to recover.
The line wasn't playing well at all even before those kids got hurt. Laney was a linebacker and comes from a defensive background as far as his coaching career is concerned, coaching line isnt his forte. The kids need someone that really knows line play, to coach the line. Hopefully that can get rectified in the offseason. Sounds like Watson already tried to rectify it this summer and a lack of urgency from the administration cost them a line coach.

Last edited:
Walsh is one of the best,no doubt.
BUT he would be the first to tell you that 5 SMC Championships over the last 8 years can be directly attributed to our line coach...Mauldwin is one of the best in the state in my opinion.

Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT