ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic vs Jacksonville

Cougs14 maybe you are right. I thought going straight at Jacksonville is what was smartest. I think the misdirection would play to their speed. I think the wet field hurt you both but CC was much bigger and I thought Jville was a good bit faster.

I think I’m a dry field those 2 teams would split 10 games. I still think Havelock May have been the best team in the state this year having seen all 3 play. Ive seen CC teams who would absolutely kill anyone in the east. I don’t think this is one of those teams. The team speed was really average but again, that is a huge compliment to the coaching. They are always in position, fly to the ball and mix it up well in offense. The coaching I thought was fantastic. Hood’s team and some others I have thought were more talented. They are all state champs so congratulations. That’s all that matters.
Having been on staff I will say 2015, 17 and 18 are all better than any team Hood was on.

I think the misdirection would play to their speed. I think the wet field hurt you both but CC was much bigger and I thought Jville was a good bit faster.

I think I’m a dry field those 2 teams would split 10 games. I still think Havelock May have been the best team in the state this year having seen all 3 play.

I went down on the field and walked it. My first thought was the team that relied on speed would be hurt the most but near the hashes the field was in good shape. If going in one direction or slashing the field condictions did not slow you down as much as if you were cutting or reversing. Once to the hash it did not really matter.

Jacksonville seemed to run their offense and had no major issues until Catholic made changes. Catholic did not run trap or misdirection once (if I remember correctly) which is their game.

You guys would know better than me on if this was one of Catholic's best teams. If that is true then I need to give Jacksonville more credit. It was a great game and dogfight - much closer than Havelock last year.

A little late, but went back and watched the 2017 3A title game, I don't think we got called for a single penalty that wasn't a false start outside of right at the end of the first half. Discipline, it works.

Reactions: footsoldier
I went down on the field and walked it. My first thought was the team that relied on speed would be hurt the most but near the hashes the field was in good shape. If going in one direction or slashing the field condictions did not slow you down as much as if you were cutting or reversing. Once to the hash it did not really matter.

Jacksonville seemed to run their offense and had no major issues until Catholic made changes. Catholic did not run trap or misdirection once (if I remember correctly) which is their game.

The field is the same for both teams but I agree it hampered what Catholic does more then Jacksonville, especially on defense. We did not run much misdirection with our multiple exchanges either because of the mud and fear of turning the ball over in a big game under those conditions. Jacksonville's offense was unique and took some adjustments. Catholic dominated the game in the second half and if it did not turn the ball over on the one yard line this game might have had a larger score discrepancy. I will give this to Jacksonville they came out and played tough and physical and I give them credit for it. I am not saying they were better then others we played but they were a tougher match up in many ways.

Real funny how y’all try and throw shade. Not better then others? Obviously they were or they would not have been playing you. How many of those others that you beat it was only by 3. Of course because of the field conditions you would have done so much more. Dry field and you probably would have gotten ran completely off the field. Cards dominated the first half you dominated the 2nd when it counted and won. You got your win why try and diminish the other teams accomplishments on what you would have done. You done enough to win leave it at that. Hope we see you again. I know I know there is no way we would make it back. Go back and check in the very beginning of the season when I said wouldn’t it be something if Jacksonville and Catholic played? Everyone laughed. Just like I told them this years team will be better then last years. They laughed made jokes. Said we lost to many people. I am telling you now this coming seasons team will be a bigger faster version of this years team. Bigger faster QB and this one can actually throw the ball. Watch and see. Just as many explosives athletes. 24 Sr will be on this years team most got plenty of playing time so we will see.

Holic, I dont believe he meant any disrespect, just in his eyes and mine too I think Charlotte Christian was the best team we played all year, no disrespect, but the Knights are good. Jacksonville will be just fine

People do not realize the program Christian has built. Ask any college coach that comes to Charlotte, they will tel you the Big Four have some great talent.

People do not realize the program Christian has built. Ask any college coach that comes to Charlotte, they will tel you the Big Four have some great talent.
I’d put them up with Creek and Wake Forest in terms of consistently winning titles and churning out talent. They are a factory.
Let’s not forget either we played Weddington who after playing us steamrolled almost everyone they played.

Real funny how y’all try and throw shade. Not better then others? Obviously they were or they would not have been playing you. How many of those others that you beat it was only by 3. Of course because of the field conditions you would have done so much more. Dry field and you probably would have gotten ran completely off the field. Cards dominated the first half you dominated the 2nd when it counted and won. You got your win why try and diminish the other teams accomplishments on what you would have done. You done enough to win leave it at that. Hope we see you again. I know I know there is no way we would make it back. Go back and check in the very beginning of the season when I said wouldn’t it be something if Jacksonville and Catholic played? Everyone laughed. Just like I told them this years team will be better then last years. They laughed made jokes. Said we lost to many people. I am telling you now this coming seasons team will be a bigger faster version of this years team. Bigger faster QB and this one can actually throw the ball. Watch and see. Just as many explosives athletes. 24 Sr will be on this years team most got plenty of playing time so we will see.

My friend you have said a lot of things, but some of your thoughts are pretty lame. You dominated the first Half.... really.. 14-10 is a domination. When did that become the standard? Now getting shut out in half is closer to getting dominated.

Others have posted reasons for why they think Catholic was hampered by the poor field conditions... any useful thoughts from you on this were missing. I think Jacksonville played a damn tough game. I think the scenario gave them a good chance. They have an odd offensive scheme and the field conditions hurt what catholics does best on offense and defense. They adjusted, shut you down and knocked you off the ball better int he second half. If they played again the margin would get bigger as the better team showed up in the second half when it counted. reasonable minds would realize that is when the differences began to show up. Again hats of to the kids as Jacksonville who played really hard and did well. I think there were a couple of teams that Catholic played would have also beat the cardinals. I think a year ago Christian got the better of us and we won and this year we got the better of them and lost.

Bro the game is over you won! Hopefully we see you again next year! Funny how you say 14-10 in the first half was not dominant when we out scored had way more yards the whole nine. But you come out in the second half score 7 points and yes your defense showed up that’s all in the second half. Of course your going to say other teams would have beaten us. But let me guess no team that we played would have beaten you right? A healthy Havelock would not have stood a chance right? Come on with your Lame explanation. There was no what ifs. The two best 3A teams this year played for the title you won by 3 points on that day. Does it matter if we play again and the margin would be bigger? No.. duse you won stop trying to take away what our kids did that day. Remember it was supposed to be a running clock according to most. It’s like me saying it the field was dry we could have really used our speed and ran you off the field. You never heard that from me. All I did was congratulate your kids and your coaching staff. Yet some of you still have to come on here and try to justify why the margin wasn’t bigger and this and that. You won. Congratulations! Now hopefully we see you again next season! Smh

Reactions: Champ_24
Bro the game is over you won! Hopefully we see you again next year! Funny how you say 14-10 in the first half was not dominant when we out scored had way more yards the whole nine. But you come out in the second half score 7 points and yes your defense showed up that’s all in the second half. Of course your going to say other teams would have beaten us. But let me guess no team that we played would have beaten you right? A healthy Havelock would not have stood a chance right? Come on with your Lame explanation. There was no what ifs. The two best 3A teams this year played for the title you won by 3 points on that day. Does it matter if we play again and the margin would be bigger? No.. duse you won stop trying to take away what our kids did that day. Remember it was supposed to be a running clock according to most. It’s like me saying it the field was dry we could have really used our speed and ran you off the field. You never heard that from me. All I did was congratulate your kids and your coaching staff. Yet some of you still have to come on here and try to justify why the margin wasn’t bigger and this and that. You won. Congratulations! Now hopefully we see you again next season! Smh

Again Holic, you make no sense. You ignore the obvious . You played a good half of football but the second half is when it matters. The longer the game went the worse it was getting for you.

14-10 is a game, a battle, but getting shut out is a completely different animal and it could have easily been worse. It was not like you even threatened in the second half. Maybe you need to go watch it again. Having us fumble inside the one is hanging on. Hardly getting on the other side of the 5o is hanging on. having the ball last and going backward demonstrates the direction. I never made any other comment about your schedule or teams you played or anything about a running clock. That is you making stuff up which says a lot abut your BS. Don't put words in my mouth. I actually complimented your kids several times. I will say this and say it very clearly, you were not in the top three teams we played this year, but you played a good game ad the kids stayed tough. You had a punchers chance and we took it and the put it to you. Next year is next year and no one knows what will happen but this year and last year and the year before we know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT