ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic vs Jacksonville

footsoldier

Aug 24, 2003
Parts Unknown
Congratulations to the Cardinals with a stellar comeback victory on the road at Havelock. Sounds like that was the place to be tonight. But there is something else on the table here and we all know what that something else is. That’s right my friends the matchup is set. It’s a run for the roses with a Big Cat and a Redbird and it should be epic.

Looking forward to a fun week of smack and “who gets owned” as we take turns explaining to the faithful why Catholic can’t lose and Jacksonville will win. Good luck boys. You wanted some RED PAIN for lunch. You got it!!!

Something to ponder. What if we get the weather they are calling for and Catholic can’t practice all week. Will they still play the game this weekend?

Reactions: Sneed350Z
Haha, holic poor mouthing again! Congrats Cards, happy for my Jax brothers.
Thanks brother!Noboby will give us a chance just like they didn’t give us one tonight. I been telling folks this is a special group of kids. Catholic isagreat team and program but when the game is over Jacksonville will get the respect they deserve win or lose.

Thanks brother!Noboby will give us a chance just like they didn’t give us one tonight. I been telling folks this is a special group of kids. Catholic isagreat team and program but when the game is over Jacksonville will get the respect they deserve win or lose.

Yep!

Something to ponder. What if we get the weather they are calling for and Catholic can’t practice all week. Will they still play the game this weekend?
Charlotte roads will be cleared by Tuesday AM. We’ll practice Tuesday. Only calling for 2-4” of snow. Maybe 6”

Reactions: 1SWO1

Catholic routinely practices in a flood zone. Hell, there’s an old dock 8’ higher than the practice field at around the fifty. A little snow is nothing.

All props to the coaching staff, a great group. That said, Frank Garcia is the difference maker!

If we come to play luck ain't gonna have nothing to do with it.

Catholic routinely practices in a flood zone. Hell, there’s an old dock 8’ higher than the practice field at around the fifty. A little snow is nothing.
When you practice in The Swamp every day weather never matters. If there is a foot of snow on the ground, they will practice, if there is a hailstorm, they will practice. Beaks will be smashed regardless. The boys will be ready.

Write it down.

When you practice in The Swamp every day weather never matters. If there is a foot of snow on the ground, they will practice, if there is a hailstorm, they will practice. Beaks will be smashed regardless. The boys will be ready.

Write it down.
Man I don’t think these kids will make that bus ride. Cougars are going to be to much! All these sons of Marines are all raised to be scared over here. Give Catholic the rings!

Charlotte roads will be cleared by Tuesday AM. We’ll practice Tuesday. Only calling for 2-4” of snow. Maybe 6”

Yea in the east here Jacksonville will have cold rain. I would think it evens out. I hope this game don't clash with the 2A game. I'd like to see both. How has the reciever for Catholic done this year? #81 I think. He was a Sophmore last year against Havelock. Good route runner with good hands. Footballaholic3232 Catholic is a big good team. Bring your Cards ready now. The East is pulling for you!!!

Reactions: ncjeff
Yea in the east here Jacksonville will have cold rain. I would think it evens out. I hope this game don't clash with the 2A game. I'd like to see both. How has the reciever for Catholic done this year? #81 I think. He was a Sophmore last year against Havelock. Good route runner with good hands. Footballaholic3232 Catholic is a big good team. Bring your Cards ready now. The East is pulling for you!!!
Our kids will make the trip and get off the bus. Hope they can be on the field with the mighty cougars. We don’t stand a chance in most folks eyes. But we will play hard!One play at a time!

Reactions: ncjeff and 1SWO1
Been out all year, he’ll be back next season, but others have stepped up in his place.

Been out all year, he’ll be back next season, but others have stepped up in his place.

Well I hate to hear that. He impressed me last year being a sophmore in a big game like that. I remember he had a drop wide open once but other than that he was money. I hope the 2A and 3A games are staggerd so I can catch both.

Well I hate to hear that. He impressed me last year being a sophmore in a big game like that. I remember he had a drop wide open once but other than that he was money. I hope the 2A and 3A games are staggerd so I can catch both.
He played in one game and scored 2 TDs on two catches, but was playing injured that game.

I hope the Cards are able to bring a title back to the East but it will not be easy.

As I understand it, a major advantage Catholic has is they teach their offense at the middle school level, an advantage public schools seldom have.

A worry I have is Jacksonville is a high scoring offense and expects many opportunities and touchdowns throughout the game. Barring a turnover fest and Jacksonville completely shutting CC down (which is unlikely) the possessions are going to be limited. I think that puts tremendous pressure on a team when they realize they MUST take advantage of every possession. CC posters tout their defense and I suspect they are good but would suggest their time consuming offense has a lot to do with their defensive numbers. The longer Jax’s offense is on the sidelines the more the pressure builds. Maybe one of the Havelock posters could shed some light on this view.

I think Jax has the coaching staff to develop a great game plan and I am
really hoping they win but I am not betting on it. I am pulling for ya Cards!!!!

That would help Jacksonville a little....................

I hope the Cards are able to bring a title back to the East but it will not be easy.

As I understand it, a major advantage Catholic has is they teach their offense at the middle school level, an advantage public schools seldom have.

A worry I have is Jacksonville is a high scoring offense and expects many opportunities and touchdowns throughout the game. Barring a turnover fest and Jacksonville completely shutting CC down (which is unlikely) the possessions are going to be limited. I think that puts tremendous pressure on a team when they realize they MUST take advantage of every possession. CC posters tout their defense and I suspect they are good but would suggest their time consuming offense has a lot to do with their defensive numbers. The longer Jax’s offense is on the sidelines the more the pressure builds. Maybe one of the Havelock posters could shed some light on this view.

really hoping they win but I am not betting on it. I am pulling for ya Cards!!!!

Great post...Catholic chews up clock very well.

It’s going to be a great game!!! That you can beat on

Reactions: seadog28
Weather affecting practice for Catholic is negligible, that was the ninth regional in a row, so a decade of extended practices by a month. They just need to add tendency's at this point.

Reactions: seadog28
Congrats Jacksonville represent the Conf and please shut the mouths of the Western side of the state

Congrats Jacksonville represent the Conf and please shut the mouths of the Western side of the state
Well we will try our hardest since everyone says they are unbeatable. Not giving us a snowballs chance in hell. But hey it is what it is. Hopefully we take the trip and get off the bus.

Bwaahahahahaha. I see the Eastern pipe dreams have begun. Here’s what’s going to happen: not only will “West be Best” in 3A/3AA for 2018, both champions will come from the same conference. The Southern Carolina Conference(SCC). A conference of bona fide football greatness.

I respect East but you won’t have the gas to run with these SCC thoroughbreds. I see two gutstomps actually. But hey, dreams are free. Enjoy them Easties. You’ll pony up on Game Day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SWO1 and frifalcon
Bwaahahahahaha. I see the Eastern pipe dreams have begun. Here’s what’s going to happen: not only will “West be Best” in 3A/3AA for 2018, both champions will come from the same conference. The Southern Carolina Conference(SCC). A conference of bona fide football greatness.

I respect East but you won’t have the gas to run with these SCC thoroughbreds. I see two gutstomps actually. But hey, dreams are free. Enjoy them Easties.

Yeah, I see that class isn’t very high on your list of personal responsibilities so I guess it’s gonna be a week of you running that endless pie hole. Umm, your Gutstomping quote is going to put a bad taste in your mouth if your pompous predictions fall short.

The thing here is if we do fall short of our goal we are still going home with class and dignity. Now as far as your football great conference, good for you, ours doesn’t seem to shabby either. Our “gas” tank is full and it will not empty before You donkeys do, count on it!!

Reactions: daagoob

I respect East but you won’t have the gas to run with these SCC thoroughbreds. I see two gutstomps actually. But hey, dreams are free. Enjoy them Easties.
Ok Toy Soldier.. gutstomp huh? We will see!

Wont be much of a game. Catholic defense is the best in the state regardless of class or division. They have shut down the 2 best QBs in the state and are nearly impossible to run on.

Brodowicz lets the young kids play mop up in the 4th quarter and Jville gets a late score. 28-7.

I am sure we will begin to hear the " recruiting" drum beat about 3 minutes after the final.

Your giving yourself way too much credit, defense is far from the best in Charlotte much less the rest of the state.

We don’t care where you get your choirboy’s from! Put your big boy pants on and let’s go.

Reactions: Footballaholic3232
Wont be much of a game. Catholic defense is the best in the state regardless of class or division. They have shut down the 2 best QBs in the state and are nearly impossible to run on.

Brodowicz lets the young kids play mop up in the 4th quarter and Jville gets a late score. 28-7.

I am sure we will begin to hear the " recruiting" drum beat about 3 minutes after the final.
Best in the state huh? Regardless of classification..smh. Impossible to run on? Awesome! Noted!

Reactions: daagoob

Eh, don't know if I agree with you on that one. Best defense in the 3A that's for sure. I'd say top 5 though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT