ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic at Crest

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
I’ll be in attendance for this one - First time seeing Crest or Catholic n first time at Sid Bryson stadium

What a good place to eat at ?

Anyway

This is a very intriguing matchup and I’m looking forward to see what Crest has to offer as we know Catholic will be more ball control n run it down your throat.

This will be a good test for teams n see where they are.

Catholic is always one of the most disciplined, well coached teams Crest has ever faced. All past encounters have been dogfights. Catholic running game will test the Crest front 7 and we will see the progress of our OLine since the Burns game.
5 day forecast predicts rain on Friday. I hope not. Looking forward to this game.

I’ll be in attendance for this one - First time seeing Crest or Catholic n first time at Sid Bryson stadium

What a good place to eat at ?

Anyway

This is a very intriguing matchup and I’m looking forward to see what Crest has to offer as we know Catholic will be more ball control n run it down your throat.

This will be a good test for teams n see where they are.
There are three Taco Bells in a 4 mile stretch on 74. Time it right and you can hit them all before the game.

There are three Taco Bells in a 4 mile stretch on 74. Time it right and you can hit them all before the game.
Idk if that would be a good idea 🤣😂🤣

I know u have BBq places in that area but obviously that closer to Shelby HS area so

Should be a good game. My question does Catholic fans travel good. Game like this I would think huge turnout

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Rain forecast is crappy for Crest area as it’s the further west you got the more rain likely so could be a soggy one at Sid Bryson stadium

Rain forecast is crappy for Crest area as it’s the further west you got the more rain likely so could be a soggy one at Sid Bryson stadium
Yeah. I have no inside information but I’m sort of thinking dates and times might get adjusted. Especially if that forecast is accurate.

Crest has good running backs. Carson is a beast.

I don’t know about a slobber-knocker in the rain and mud with Catholic at this particular juncture of the season. But, hey! I’m just dude in the crowd so my opinion ain’t doo doo.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Snake handling churches still going on up those hills of West Virginia. I don’t want no part of that. lol

Nothing but respect for Catholic. They’re tough to deal with.

I don’t care though. Independent Baptists rules in effect Friday Night.

You better not ask? I promise you. You don’t want to know.
Does that include a pre game quick hit from the bottle you're not supposed to have? (My grandfather was an Independent Baptist.) As far as the game goes, looking forward to this one. The two teams have played 3 times over the years and Crest has a 2-1 edge. Never at Sid Bryson before so great to visit a historical high school stadium. When both teams were 3A, they had opportunities to play early in the season but the coaches backed away for two reasons. One, there was a probability they could they see each other again in the playoffs. Two, the style that the two teams employ make this a brutal slugfest in the trenches. Win or lose, both teams walked away physically beat up and in poor condition for the next game. Should be no different this year. Predict a close game and great to see two teams taking on an early season test and potential "L" prior to rolling into conference play. Feasting on cupcakes early in the season doesn't tell you much other than getting to see the 2's and 3's get some playing time. Good luck to both teams!

Does that include a pre game quick hit from the bottle you're not supposed to have? (My grandfather was an Independent Baptist.) As far as the game goes, looking forward to this one. The two teams have played 3 times over the years and Crest has a 2-1 edge. Never at Sid Bryson before so great to visit a historical high school stadium. When both teams were 3A, they had opportunities to play early in the season but the coaches backed away for two reasons. One, there was a probability they could they see each other again in the playoffs. Two, the style that the two teams employ make this a brutal slugfest in the trenches. Win or lose, both teams walked away physically beat up and in poor condition for the next game. Should be no different this year. Predict a close game and great to see two teams taking on an early season test and potential "L" prior to rolling into conference play. Feasting on cupcakes early in the season doesn't tell you much other than getting to see the 2's and 3's get some playing time. Good luck to both teams!
I don’t drink. Nonetheless, we’re not at Catholic this time so our rules apply.

Other than that. Your post is very well stated. Each time we won in the playoffs we were so beat up afterwards we didn’t have much left in us the next week. Totally shot.

No statues, no beads , no mother may I.

Jesus Saves- He’s the only mediator- SHE CAN’T HELP!

I don’t drink. Nonetheless, we’re not at Catholic this time so our rules apply.

Other than that. Your post is very well stated. Each time we won in the playoffs we were so beat up afterwards we didn’t have much left in us the next week. Totally shot.

No statues, no beads , no mother may I.

Jesus Saves- He’s the only mediator- SHE CAN’T HELP!
touche!

I’m just going on with you all.

I meant what I said. There is nothing but respect for Catholic at Crest. You can believe that. Tough as nails team. Disciplined. Well coached and fundamentally hard nosed as they come.

We have our hands full this year.

Safe travels to everyone.

I’m going to go back to aggravating you all now. 😂

Rain favors catholic I would imagine?
In the past, yes. We used to say that the Wing-T was an all weather offense. The past couple of years, a lot yards have come out of a gun/spread series which has been added to the mix. Crest throws more than Catholic but they still like to pound the ball down your throat too. Not sure I see an advantage either way. This game will come down who does a better job controlling the line of scrimmage and ultimately turnovers if conditions get ugly

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
This is very surprising considering the forecast. Very surprising.
Coach said that they may have to play in weather another time so this will let the players get a feel for it. He also said they have not had a normal week of preparation to really have their regular practice schedule and they would like to have one heading into con play.

Coach said that they may have to play in weather another time so this will let the players get a feel for it. He also said they have not had a normal week of preparation to really have their regular practice schedule and they would like to have one heading into con play.
I understand that Smash. I wasn’t being critical at all. Hopefully the forecast changes a little. I understand playing in weather but right now they’re talking monsoon.

In any case. I’ll be there.

Go CHARGERS.

Especially if this game was an extra home game to recoup money.
That was my original point. All I ever heard was that we crapped on Gaffney because we were broke and needed another home game. I guess that wasn’t entirely the truth.

But we have never got the whole truth and nothing but the truth on Jabba the Hut gate or Gaffney.

It’s a great big SECRET!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT