ADVERTISEMENT

Butler Vs Richmond

Weather update for Friday from Rockingham. Looks like rain and thunderstorms. What should be expect?

Butler may win, but we at least schedule them. Does Crest have them scheduled anytime soon??? My bad...your 3a or 3aa...something like that.

2A buddy and according to Simmons...it'd be a pretty good game between the two of us....according to the current ratings The Mighty Richmond Raiders would only be a 2 (TWO) point favorite if we played you at our house as well as Butler at our house.

The GREAT AND POWERFUL Independence would be a 12 point UNDERDOG. What is the world coming to with this big boy football?!?!?!

And when you start scheduling up in classification (i.e. Appalachian State) like we do (3A and 4A schools) you'll be able to hold a little water.

2A buddy and according to Simmons...it'd be a pretty good game between the two of us....according to the current ratings The Mighty Richmond Raiders would only be a 2 (TWO) point favorite if we played you at our house as well as Butler at our house.

The GREAT AND POWERFUL Independence would be a 12 point UNDERDOG. What is the world coming to with this big boy football?!?!?!

And when you start scheduling up in classification (i.e. Appalachian State) like we do (3A and 4A schools) you'll be able to hold a little water.

We would beat the brakes off Shelby. You are the only one on here that thinks otherwise. Hell you aren't even the best team in Clevland County. lol

And before you start saying he doesn't know what he's talking about, let's look at America's Source for High School Sports, maxpreps.com.

http://www.maxpreps.com/list/rankin...67d59fe3-fca4-4c6a-9828-2643b744c9e6&state=nc

Where is Richmond on this list of state ranking regardless of classification? You go big boy football! So proud of you!

1 Charlotte Catholic (Charlotte) 2-0 0-0 59.1 35.8 +1
2 Mallard Creek (Charlotte) 2-1 0-0 56.8 46.4 -1
3 Weddington (Matthews) 3-0 0-0 56.3 33.5 +5
4 Havelock 3-0 0-0 54.6 23.1 -1
5 Pinecrest (Southern Pines) 3-0 0-0 53.1 20.6 +9
6 Vance (Charlotte) 3-0 0-0 53.1 24.8 -2
7 Crest (Shelby) 2-0 0-0 51.2 23.2 --
8 Scotland (Laurinburg) 3-0 0-0 49.4 22.7 -2
9 Wake Forest 3-0 0-0 48 14.3 --
10 Charlotte Christian (Charlotte) 1-2 0-0 47.9 50.3 -5
11 Butler (Matthews) 2-1 0-0 46.8 34 +1
12 Dudley (Greensboro) 3-0 0-0 42.6 9.8 +3
13 Charlotte Latin (Charlotte) 2-0 0-0 41.5 13.4 +3
14 East Lincoln (Denver) 3-0 0-0 41.4 -1.7 -3
15 Page (Greensboro) 3-0 0-0 41.3 18.2 +16
16 Shelby 3-0 0-0 41.2 28.3 +9
17 Hough (Cornelius) 3-0 0-0 39.4 17.8 +20
18 Ardrey Kell (Charlotte) 2-1 0-0 39.4 34.2 +17
19 Northeastern (Elizabeth City) 3-0 0-0 39.1 8.4 --
20 East Forsyth (Kernersville) 3-0 0-0 38.9 15.2 +1
21 West Craven (Vanceboro) 3-0 0-0 38.6 13.5 +22
22 Middle Creek (Apex) 3-0 0-0 38.2 25.1 +33
23 Cuthbertson (Waxhaw) 2-1 0-0 36.4 22.4 -13
24 Kinston 3-0 0-0 36.3 13.1 +40
25 Richmond (Rockingham) 3-0 0-0 36.2 4.5 -2

We would beat the brakes off Shelby. You are the only one on here that thinks otherwise. Hell you aren't even the best team in Clevland County. lol

Crest was the best team in the state last year regardless of Class. Who gave them their best game and had them down deep into the 4th quarter? We'll just have to see what happens this November between the best rivalry in the state!

Let's see how much 3A Crest would be FAVORED by if 4A Richmond came to their house....Crest would be a 3 (THREE) point favorite over the mighty Raiders.

You guys have to be relevant on the championship scene before you can talk any trash. One appearance with one title in the last 16/17 years. Time for you to pack it up until you do something.

LOL! America's source for high school sports. Have your coach or AD call and ask to be put on the Schedule!

Why don't you go sit in your stadium and read all your signs and relive the "MAGIC" because that is as close as you're ever gonna get to it again.

Reactions: nepsy7
Crest was the best team in the state last year regardless of Class. Who gave them their best game and had them down deep into the 4th quarter? We'll just have to see what happens this November between the best rivalry in the state!

Let's see how much 3A Crest would be FAVORED by if 4A Richmond came to their house....Crest would be a 3 (THREE) point favorite over the mighty Raiders.

You guys have to be relevant on the championship scene before you can talk any trash. One appearance with one title in the last 16/17 years. Time for you to pack it up until you do something.

SHELBY! The biggest Chicken shit, scared to play anybody chumps in the State!

Shelby High Golden Lions, the most UNsuccessful, sustained, NONwinning football program in the history of 98'S Little MIND IN North Carolina high school football; "The True DUCK Dynasty!"

Take all the shots you want. I will say it again, have them make the call. It's that simple, even a moron like you should be able to figure that out. 910-997-9822 or 910-997-9820

The only way you get Shellie to answer. Call them from last year 0-10 Garinger High School. They will pick up on the 1st ring.

Back to the real topic on this thread. What's your prdiction for the score nepsy.
I say RC-28 Butler-24

I have not had the opportunity to see any film on Richmond this year. Hales will attack any weak spots Richmond has on defense. Butler's defense is much better than last year. 28-14 Butler

Crest was the best team in the state last year regardless of Class.

And you know this despite the fact that Crest only played one (really bad) 4A team all year? Wow, your deductive reasoning is very impressive. Most of us here in the real world depend on facts to influence our conclusions, but you obviously don't have any such crutches.

This thread proves why I think this site is almost unreadable. Butler/richmond thread and everyone is talking about shelby and crest. If I wanted to read about those teams I would have went to the 2a 3a boards or whatever the hell they play.

Reactions: newpride
Richmond had 25 yds total offense in the 1st half. Butler D on fire.

EDIT: Now the Richmond radio crew says 66 yds total offense for the half.

Last edited:
Duck fumbles in the red zone. Richmond driving threatening to score. Butler 32 Richmond 7 3rd Q. Penalties killing butler in the 2nd half. Richmond showing fight.

You guys showed some heart in the 2nd half. That's something you can build on.

Richmond showed fight in the 2nd half. Butler acted like the game was over at the half it seems like which is disappointing. Saying that, they were unstoppable in the 1st half so that is good.

Is it time for Richmond fans to ask for a new coach yet? Seems like that time of year again lol

Reactions: '98 State Champion
As myself and Raider7967 were discussing, I wonder if this new Raleigh coach will continue to schedule games like this for the Raiders? As everyone knows, that's not usually their cup of tea. The state's going to lose out on some terrific matchups if he dumbs things down. Like Hoggard or not...you have to admit he had some serious gonads.

I wonder what the new coach will think of the return trip next year in Memorial Stadium under the skyscrapers?

I also think these refs were from charlotte because they threw a 15 yard penelty for sideline infraction when they never issued a warning! All game long Hales was on the field and they call nothing!! I did expect a loss by my raiders but not getting embarassed like that!

Judging by the 3rd qtr, if they were Charlotte refs, then they had a previous bone to pick with Butler. I couldn't believe how many flags Butler drew in that qtr.

But either way, at least it wasn't like last year when the two teams combined for more than 50 penalties that added up to almost 400 yards. That was the most flagged high school game I've ever seen.

We give them 22 points .....I was proud of our kids the second half....BUTLER kept the first group on the field the ENTIRE GAME.......You cant give up 9 points to a good team in the first 3 minutes of the game.......Our offensive line is still a work in progress......HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET IT FIGURED OUT SOON, THE RIGHT GROUP THAT IS............Got to get more PHYSICAL UP FRONT.......Ok , lets regroup...Get ready for Southview.....nuff said

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT