ADVERTISEMENT

Butler Vs Richmond

RAIDERS2014

Aug 15, 2014
Big game but right now I am going to say we will lose this one unless something great happens during the week of practice!

Butler has a really good defense. One shutout was Olympic and last night against a Western Alamance team that average 50 points a game. They are not powerful teams but impressive. They shutout Mallard Creek for a half and held them to 17 points with 30 seconds remaining in the game until they scored a garbage TD at the end. Byrnes allowed 29 points against the Creek. So it will be interesting

This game will show what our team really has. I expect a close game but I think we pull out the win

For a change, expect to see a low scoring game between these two teams, which hasn't happened since 2010. Both defenses are way ahead of the offenses at the moment, and I think both offenses are going to have trouble consistently sustaining drives.

Oh, and don't expect to see 3 deep soft zone against the speed option out of Butler's D this year. We fired that guy.

I will take Butler in this one. However,I took Butler last year and I was dead WRONG...beat em Raiders!

For a change, expect to see a low scoring game between these two teams, which hasn't happened since 2010. Both defenses are way ahead of the offenses at the moment, and I think both offenses are going to have trouble consistently sustaining drives.

Oh, and don't expect to see 3 deep soft zone against the speed option out of Butler's D this year. We fired that guy.

Do u expect to see the speed option?

Haha, good point, guys. Was mainly talking about the ridiculous alignments from last year and how the new guy gets it a little bit better than that.

I expect Butler to be a TD or so favorite but believe that with the continued improvement by this team, Richmond may well win this one.

It's hard to determine this one way or the other. Too many unknowns based on the limited games this season. I can only say that the Butler team that played Mallard Creek would be the favorite.

I expect Butler to be a TD or so favorite but believe that with the continued improvement by this team, Richmond may well win this one.
LOTS of new faces this year for Butler...that will keep you on your toes this week learning the new names. Question for you...where do you get your opponent's rosters? I ask because there's an error in the maxPreps/game program roster this year where two players' names got switched, and one of those names you're definitely going to need to know on Friday.

Everything else has been a scrimmage in comparison to this week.

Coach will learn really fast how huge the County takes its football this week. I don't know what to expect this week and I hope butler doesn't either.

It has been good seeing defenses playing the run only to get beat over the top and this past week a coach saying he would be playing back only to get lit up with the run. They will have to keep a great butler defense guessing and the defense can't have another slow start.

The season starts Friday. Coach can build a huge backing or a feel a lot of heat after Friday.

LOTS of new faces this year for Butler...that will keep you on your toes this week learning the new names. Question for you...where do you get your opponent's rosters? I ask because there's an error in the maxPreps/game program roster this year where two players' names got switched, and one of those names you're definitely going to need to know on Friday.

Just let him know whose roster they were on last year and I am sure he can find the relevant stats for them from the teams they used to be with.

Just let him know whose roster they were on last year and I am sure he can find the relevant stats for them from the teams they used to be with.
That won't help in this case...it was two Butler kids that were switched, not any of the multitude of incoming transfers.

Hokie, all too often anymore I am sent to maxpreps for the roster by the schools. If you happen to have a roster that you can email I would greatly appreciate it (or the changes I need to make). If so send it to 1twister@carolina.rr.com

Are you coming to the game? If so, come up to the visitor press box. I'd love to meet you and shake your hand.

Thanks for the invite! I won't be making the trip this week, but I'll definitely come chat with you again on next year's return trip. Maybe they'll even let you in the press box next season, LOL.

The run-stuffing NG for Butler this season is Maurice McClain, Jr. He a 6'-1" 320 pound Junior and wears #71 and will be hard to miss (he's playing in Jalen Cousar's spot from last season). maxpreps has two different #71's listed on their roster, but the other guy (Noah Lee) actually wears #77 and will probably be standing on the sidelines on crutches this week and will not play. Butler's official game program roster has this mixed up even worse (they have McCLain listed as wearing #59, which is way wrong). Anyway, since I expect to hear his name being called a lot in this game, I figured it would be fair to make sure the correct guy gets credit.

Thanks to this sucky weather I can't go either. Will the game be on the Internet this week? Something happened to it last week.

Thanks for the invite! I won't be making the trip this week, but I'll definitely come chat with you again on next year's return trip. Maybe they'll even let you in the press box next season, LOL.

Thanks for the info. As for the press box, usually the "other" station beats us to the game and takes the press box. But in fairness, if its good weather, I'd just as soon be in the stands. Like last year I got to speak to you and to others including the Lemays. That beats being in the press box any day!!

Thanks to this sucky weather I can't go either. Will the game be on the Internet this week? Something happened to it last week.

We haven't done the internet thing for several years. Mike and Lee from the "other" station does the internet thing. at least they did last year. Don't know if they still are, I assume they do.

Mike will probably answer on here some time or other.

We haven't done the internet thing for several years. Mike and Lee from the "other" station does the internet thing. at least they did last year. Don't know if they still are, I assume they do.

They did the Anson game on the internet. so I assume that they are still doing it. As you said maybe Mike will give an answer.

That's ok. We're not running the speed option this year either. :p
Suprise suprise suprise...............Several personal changes on offense including some installations...T.....The offense has great memory......nuff said....

Breaking news! Richmond has gone back to the Triple option! No need to look at any of this years film. It will be all option and no passing what-so-ever. If the option is not working look for the Power I with the QB under center.

Breaking news! Richmond has gone back to the Triple option! No need to look at any of this years film. It will be all option and no passing what-so-ever. If the option is not working look for the Power I with the QB under center.

how many points a game did you average last year running the ball
how many did the defense allow

how many points a game did you average last year running the ball
how many did the defense allow
The Raiders continue to work the T everyday during certain periods ...The question is what Friday night will it come out....Hopefully sooner than later.....Who knows maybe this week....nuff said....

Wait, wait , wait...I thought it was Butler who was sliding into irrelevance? Have we been demoted?
It's considered a slide in Richmond County if you dont win it all every year with all the great 4aa teams in NC....nuff said...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT