ADVERTISEMENT

Butler vs. Richmond County 08/26

I think the raiders will play better cannot play no worse than they did against mt tabor. Butler will be tough and well coached this has been a competitive battle through the years. This tough non conference will get us prepared for the conference.

Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold
Butler is young but talented. They have five sophomores with Power 5 offers so they should be really good in a year or two. Butler has a good defense with really good defensive line. That side of the ball will keep them in games.

The offense is the least experienced part of the ball but I was surprised that Hales let Lawrence throw the ball around especially since he is only a sophomore (who has gotten power five offers). Riley Furgeson was the last young QB I remember Hales opening up the playbook for. I will say this Lawrence will push the ball down the field and throws a beautiful deep ball. The turnovers will be a concern for the offense.

Butler is young but talented. They have five sophomores with Power 5 offers so they should be really good in a year or two. Butler has a good defense with really good defensive line. That side of the ball will keep them in games.

The offense is the least experienced part of the ball but I was surprised that Hales let Lawrence throw the ball around especially since he is only a sophomore (who has gotten power five offers). Riley Furgeson was the last young QB I remember Hales opening up the playbook for. I will say this Lawrence will push the ball down the field and throws a beautiful deep ball. The turnovers will be a concern for the offense.
Yeah I watched the game against west charlotte on line qb was slinging the ball recievers and that defense look good. Coach Hales has always been great play caller likes to mix it up.

Butlers defense is scary good. RC will have to limit turnovers and cant have the 4th down blues. Think RC plays much better this week and this game is not a blowout. Think Butler wins a close one.

I think this game is a close one, both young teams. Not sure how good West Charlotte is so not sure how to judge that 27-0 victory. Butler lived in the red zone in the 1st half and couldn’t punch it in consistently.

I think this game is a close one, both young teams. Not sure how good West Charlotte is so not sure how to judge that 27-0 victory. Butler lived in the red zone in the 1st half and couldn’t punch it in consistently.
Well I remember there was a fumble and interception in the red zone if I am not mistaken which is fixable. The first drive near the goal line which Butler couldn’t punch it in is a concern. I expect the offense to have some growing pains but encouraged that the offense will be more explosive than last year. I do expect a closer game.

I went to the Panthers game, can someone give me a summary of what happened?
First half we played good at times. 1st and goal from the 3 we don't score. Butler gave us chances early but we could do nothing with it. 2-3 win season this year.

I just watched the game. I did think Richmond played ok in the first half. I thought they had good runs to the outside and had some good speed in space. Turnovers were big with interceptions, fumbles and high snaps on punts. Those to me are fixable. Not sure how many passing teams you will see but the pass defense needs work.

I thought QB Lawrence played great, I counted 3-4 drops not including a dime he threw in stride to a wideout and he fumbled down the field. They need to clean those up. Defensively they can shore up the run defense a bit but nice effort.

Overall I think Richmond’s issues are fixable but I never got the feeling they were overmatched. I think they need time to figure things out but they have talent. Butler is a work in progress but a nice win.

I didn’t go to the game , but I did listen to it . I am not putting the QB down , but I think he would be better at a different position. So maybe Richmond needs to try someone else as QB . I could be wrong like I said I didn’t go to the game I just listen and it’s hard to go by that . But as a raider fan. I feel alot of raider fans needs a Reality check you can’t be good every year, it makes me mad when ppl get on here putting the coaching staff and players down these are young kids they spend most of their days practicing in the heat & cold and with the coaches they do the same and Harding get to spend no time with family and they miss a lot of time of watching their kids grow . Also they got to remember that these kids don’t get paid to play and they get hurt and they career of football is over . All for fans who don’t appreciate them

I didn’t go to the game , but I did listen to it . I am not putting the QB down , but I think he would be better at a different position. So maybe Richmond needs to try someone else as QB . I could be wrong like I said I didn’t go to the game I just listen and it’s hard to go by that . But as a raider fan. I feel alot of raider fans needs a Reality check you can’t be good every year, it makes me mad when ppl get on here putting the coaching staff and players down these are young kids they spend most of their days practicing in the heat & cold and with the coaches they do the same and Harding get to spend no time with family and they miss a lot of time of watching their kids grow . Also they got to remember that these kids don’t get paid to play and they get hurt and they career of football is over . All for fans who don’t appreciate them

Butler played WC and shut them out and beat Richmond last night by a larger margin. I thought West Charlotte was flat out overmatched. I didn’t get that feeling with Richmond. They have talent and the issues they have are fixable. The glaring weakness was the pass defense. Lawrence passed for 300 yds if i am not mistaken.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT