ADVERTISEMENT

Butler at Mooresville

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
First ever meeting between these two, as Butler makes the traffic congested trip up 77 to take on Mooresville.

Butler with a good 28-21 win vs HR, Mooresville took over with a 47-26 win vs SWG.

We do what we do, looked strong running the ball again. Rushed for 325 or around that as a team tonight.

Should be a great atmosphere next week

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Mooresville brings their A game and we could see a dog fight on hand. I think this game will be better than what some would give credit. I could see a pack house as well.

First time meeting so that is always exciting.

Butler to me isn’t super physical like the previous couple of years on the lines. I know they are missing a couple of impact linemen on defense which they haven’t recovered from. Offensively they throw to set up the run and they are aggressive. The QB will be under center, in the pistol and shotgun so the defense will see multiple looks. Mooresville’s secondary will get a nice workout.

First time meeting so that is always exciting.

Butler to me isn’t super physical like the previous couple of years on the lines. I know they are missing a couple of impact linemen on defense which they haven’t recovered from. Offensively they throw to set up the run and they are aggressive. The QB will be under center, in the pistol and shotgun so the defense will see multiple looks. Mooresville’s secondary will get a nice workout.
Unlike tonight, two very different styles of play lol.

I truly believe this is a tough draw for Mooresville. Mooresville struggle with top teams in CLT.

Mooresville and Butler are similar in some aspects but I believe Line play will play a major roll on who wins this contest

Butler is average to good on the lines. Not as great as the past couple of years but are very good at the skill positions. The team is mostly sophomores in regards to their best talent. My first thoughts is this is a pick em.

I am curious as to why the AL Brown game was close?
Over confident. Cocky. Thought we would come in and roll them.

AL Brown got us in the week leading up to the game.. they changed the offense and caught us by surprise. Once we adjust at the half, we controlled the game. Secondary had a horrendous first half

They are gonna have to play the game if they’re season to beat Butler. Almost the whole secondary are sophomores. We only have 1 senior in our starting defense.

We do have a very good front 7. I’d argue one of the better ones in the area.

be curious to see what style of play controls the game

What is Butler Strength?!
If they are better offensively then it’s going to be Can Mooresville Stop them?

if they are better defensively; It will be can Mooresville do enough to score points

I think Mooresville D is our strong point but the issue on Pass D; butler is balance but they like established the run game too so If we try slow their run game then make them 1 dimensional then I think we could have some success but As I stated I feel this game comes down to LINE play who establish their dominance early. Turnovers as well will be key.

Mooresville gotta play Clean football and limited mistakes because this isn’t no 0-7 team or 5-4 team Butler is Battled tested and usually
Solid year in and out and only Common Opponent is HR.

What is Butler Strength?!
If they are better offensively then it’s going to be Can Mooresville Stop them?

if they are better defensively; It will be can Mooresville do enough to score points

I think Mooresville D is our strong point but the issue on Pass D; butler is balance but they like established the run game too so If we try slow their run game then make them 1 dimensional then I think we could have some success but As I stated I feel this game comes down to LINE play who establish their dominance early. Turnovers as well will be key.

Mooresville gotta play Clean football and limited mistakes because this isn’t no 0-7 team or 5-4 team Butler is Battled tested and usually
Solid year in and out and only Common Opponent is HR.
Butler is far more explosive on offense than us. They can score points and score them quick. But there are also times they go on droughts too from what I’ve heard?

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Butler is far more explosive on offense than us. They can score points and score them quick. But there are also times they go on droughts too from what I’ve heard?
The droughts on offense that come to mind was the first three quarters against Catholic. Butler only touched the ball three times and one of the times was a turnover on downs at the three yard line. The second half against Independence were more about Butler turning the ball over than Butler not being able to move ball. Last night they turned the ball over on downs twice within the 10 yard line trying to be aggressive instead of attempting field goals. I think there will be times where Mooresville will have a shot a intercepting Lawerence, they have to take advantage of it.

The droughts on offense that come to mind was the first three quarters against Catholic. Butler only touched the ball three times and one of the times was a turnover on downs at the three yard line. The second half against Independence were more about Butler turning the ball over than Butler not being able to move ball. Last night they turned the ball over on downs twice within the 10 yard line trying to be aggressive instead of attempting field goals. I think there will be times where Mooresville will have a shot an intercepting Lawerence, they have to take advantage of it.
Our secondary is feast or famine… we pick off a lot but also give up a lot of big plays. Offensively we’ve got one of the best RBs in the state… we will do what we do and that’s run the ball close to 40 times in a game.

I’m actually excited for this game, regardless of how it turns out. This is one of those teams I wish we would play regularly.

Sounds accurate. The Catholic game stands as an example. Catholic up 19-0 in the fourth. Then Butler comes back for the win.

Sounds accurate. The Catholic game stands as an example. Catholic up 19-0 in the fourth. Then Butler comes back for the win.
They were down 17-0 to Independence in the first half then came back and took the lead by halftime. Mooresville can’t get discouraged if that happens.

Reactions: mrhonda
They were down 17-0 to Independence in the first half then came back and took the lead by halftime. Mooresville can’t get discouraged if that happens.
The one thing i will say about this this current group we have… we have more of a Charlotte mentality now than we ever did playing in the Imeck. We play with a bit of swag, we may or may not have taunt a bit lol, more importantly… we HIT. Sometimes we look for the hit too often and miss the tackle lol.

It’ll be interesting to see how people view this game… it’s one of those games where picking us just feels weird… because it’s so against the norm lol.

The overall game will be fascinating… and the environment will be off the charts. The home crowd turnout will be near sell out territory

Give me MOORESVILLE... Time of possession will be the key stat of this game... 31-21 MOORESVILLE...
I’ll be honest I have seen exactly 0 seconds of Butler at all this year. Haven’t got a clue on what to expect. We are just having fun this week.

Our city is gonna be out there, we ride or die with our guys either way.

I think this is going to be a fun game to watch. Crowd enthusiasm, the noise, the band and the whole 9 yards. The weather forecast is showing 60% chance of rain on Friday which could easily change by the time it gets here. Anyway let’s say it does rain. That will make the game more interesting. Best of luck to both teams.

Reactions: nepsy7
I would favor Mooresville if there is inclement weather. Hard to believe this is the first meeting of the two teams.

I’m watching the Butler/HR game … completely forgot I had NFHS lol.

butler does so many different things on offense… need to be super disciplined. They have two WRs that look like lightning bolts out there

I’m watching the Butler/HR game … completely forgot I had NFHS lol.

butler does so many different things on offense… need to be super disciplined. They have two WRs that look like lightning bolts out there
They are unlike most high school offenses nowadays because they have different looks. They can go from a pistol look to under center, to shotgun in the same drive. They move different players around depending on the defense. One adjustment they made during the Independence was scrapping the pistol/shotgun and going under center to run the ball which worked for a bit.

During the championship years with Lemay and Furgeson they were mostly under center with the base wing t look and did quite a bit of rollouts and play action. Hales can coach and scheme an offense.

They are unlike most high school offenses nowadays because they have different looks. They can go from a pistol look to under center, to shotgun in the same drive. They move different players around depending on the defense. One adjustment they made during the Independence was scrapping the pistol/shotgun and going under center to run the ball which worked for a bit.

During the championship years with Lemay and Furgeson they were mostly under center with the base wing t look and did quite a bit of rollouts and play action. Hales can coach and scheme an offense.
I’ve literally watched them go from shotgun spread to like wishbone on the same drive lol.

The game will be interesting if it’s still raining at game time. Lot can happen by then such as the system could go through before kickoff time.

If no rain Butler wins, if it rains I could see the possibility of an upset.

MHSBigBlue06… Have you heard any injury reports from Mooresville as who may be coming back for this game or not.

I could be wrong.. but I got a feeling this is going to be one of those old school smash mouth type of football games. And if it rains, it’s definitely that. Lol

As of now the last forecast I saw had the center of the TS tracking over our area Friday evening…. So this could be a fun game.

Bring on the Monsoon Bowl 😂😂

Yeah I would’ve liked Butler’s chances the last couple of years for a smash mouth physical game, this year not so much. Ideally Butler’s offense need to start out fast to help the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT