ADVERTISEMENT

Boys Playoff Scores

Eastern Randolph 81, Mt. Heritage 36

Cats jumped out to a 33-7 lead and never let up. Nicah Taylor was superb. I don't think MH was ready for that type of pressure. Awesome, awesome defense from ER tonight.

Where has THAT performance been all year?? I hope we saved some of that for Tuesday......
That game Tuesday will be a good one to watch. Both teams like to run and pressure defense

McDowell beat Reynolds twice but lost in the first round in 4A yet Reynolds marches on to the third round in 3A. There is a really big difference.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I dont know about anybody else but should it happen Hickory vs Central Cabarrus boys game will be the one I want to see

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I bet it will be about as intense as last year's game was. I hate I'm going to miss this one. Memo to ER fans.......get there EARLY.
I think they will do things a little different. But do come early. I got to the game tonight 45 minutes before tipoff and not many seats

More Finals
Myers Park 65 Ardry Kell 28
Chambers 83 Marvin Ridge 43
Weddington 56 Butler 51
North Meck 79 South Meck 61

Big 3rd rd games to watch
North Meck vs Mt Tabor
Weddington vs Chambers
Myers Park vs Independence
Lake Norman vs Grimsley

More Finals
Myers Park 65 Ardry Kell 28
Chambers 83 Marvin Ridge 43
Weddington 56 Butler 51
North Meck 79 South Meck 61

Big 3rd rd games to watch
North Meck vs Mt Tabor
Weddington vs Chambers
Myers Park vs Independence
Lake Norman vs Grimsley
The Lake looked real good tonight... They put up 100 points on a pretty good team... Wow!!!!! Is all I can say...

Grimsley 55-47 over Page in 5th meeting of the year. Whirlies take on Davie in Greensboro Friday night. War Eagles by 9 over Northern Guilford.
How good or bad was Page this year? I'm asking because I'm a fan of 3A Westover and Westover beat them by a single point very early in the season. Westover is blowing alot of 3A teams out so I'm wondering how good or bad Page is because I have no idea. I do remember Page at one time was a big power in hoops.

How good or bad was Page this year? I'm asking because I'm a fan of 3A Westover and Westover beat them by a single point very early in the season. Westover is blowing alot of 3A teams out so I'm wondering how good or bad Page is because I have no idea. I do remember Page at one time was a big power in hoops.
Page was definitely a solid 4A team. They were good at the 2 and 3 but lacked a solid big man. Grimsley lost early in a Xmas tournament and then beat them four in a row. Page has fallen off of late in their major sports, but they still play good ball. Good luck to Westover.

Reactions: Middle Sound Heel
Have to commend the effort by North Stokes last night against South. They were down couple starters due to altercation at Robbinsville game. They played hard for four quarters credit to the staff and players.

Reactions: GreyGod623
I was at Lake Norman’s 2 games Tuesday and Friday. Girls from the Lake just never let the other team breathe.
Friday’s men’s game with East Forsyth was a battle with at

4 technical fouls.
East “football “ team played hard and 3 of the guys could shot lights out. But LN is just a different level team and when they got fed up with East’s bully style play they started dunking and 3ing til the cows came home.

Last edited:
I like to see Lake Norman play Weddington again and get revenge from last game which Weddington won by 1 point.

I was at the early season Weddington game at Cox Mill High School. The first half LN was up 15 and was just eating Weddington's lunch. After the halftime, Weddington came out on fire and LN did what it had been doing, did not keep the pedal to the metal and Weddington took the lead of the last play of the game as time expired.

Now do not take this as a put down, Weddington is good, has two "really" good players and is coached as well as any team anywhere.
Having said that LN is 15 to 20 points better. The Lake team has 5 D1 Players and a great bench. They will NOT take their foot off the pedal this time, if they get that far.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Weddington takes on Chambers next. Interesting to see who they have played and how the games turned out.
Chambers just beat Marvin Ridge 83-43, Earlier in the season Weddington beat Marvin Ridge 52-51 in OT,
Earlier in the season Myers Park beat Chambers 63-61, North Meck beat Chambers 3 times. N, Meck 98 Chambers 70, N. Meck 83 Chambers 71, N. Meck 67 Chambers 55
Earlier in the season Central Cabarrus 84 Chambers 72.
We will see how the rest turns out. Stayed tuned. It will be interesting.

Reactions: REWhitley
I was at Lake Norman’s 2 games Tuesday and Friday. Girls from the Lake just never let the other team breathe.
Friday’s men’s game with East Forsyth was a battle with at

4 technical fouls.
East “football “ team played hard and 3 of the guys could shot lights out. But LN is just a different level team and when they got fed up with East’s bully style play they started dunking and 3ing til the cows came home.
It's was something crazy...

Bishop 28 Murphy 18 half... Wachacha hurt knee within first few seconds of game... They brought him back end towards end of the 2nd but u can tell he is hurt.

Reactions: mbdfan
Wachacha hurt knee within first few seconds of game... They brought him back end towards end of the 2nd but u can tell he is hurt.
It's a shame, doubt Murphy wins even if he's 100% but still a big blow considering what a key component he is to their squad

Last edited:
Its over bishop is going to win... Number 15 for Murphy has came in with 5min to go and has a nice shot made a jumper and a 3... Wonder why he hasn't been in the entire game.... Seems like a good shooter

Reactions: mbdfan
Its over bishop is going to win... Number 15 for Murphy has came in with 5min to go and has a nice shot made a jumper and a 3... Wonder why he hasn't been in the entire game.... Seems like a good shooter
#15 is a good player and athlete in general, deserving of more time than he got this year. Harger (#15) will be their best player next season with Rummler, Skogen and Wachacha graduating.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
He made another 3 and they took him out.... He scored 8 PTS in 2min now he is back on the bench

Rams 47-26 over Shelby at the half.
No Kendre dunks in the first half is only surprise ... Neal made a couple of 30+ foot 3-pointers. Sharpe making shots as well. Shelby has made several 3-pointers but got nothing to speak of inside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT