ADVERTISEMENT

Boys Playoff Scores

East Gaston 80 Weat Caldwell 78.
I watched (on NFHS) East Gaston beat Shelby in overtime the other night. Knowing West is always good it doesn't surprise me because East Gaston looked to be really physical and the kind of team that could wear you down.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Maiden Creek, I'm sorry your team lost. I was pulling for you because I know you support the Blue Devils with everything in you, and I know you pull for other CVAC teams when they're not playing Maiden.

Just wanted to mention something I saw on the NFHS Network while watching the Bandys at North Stanly game: The entire game was close then with 36 seconds left in the fourth quarter The Trojans were up 56-54. North Stanly brings the ball down court. they shoot and miss. The ball is rebounded by number 24 from Bandys who gets fouled just after the rebound.
After the whistle blows number 24 trots on down the the court and lays it up. The official turns and calls a technical on him #24 the Bandys player.

The coach, of course, appeared to be pretty aggravated with him and I'm sure the team wasn't happy, and I know he must have felt awfully bad...I thought "If North Stanly makes the two free throws, then having the ball on top of that from this technical, then scores and wins the game, this poor guy is going to feel terrible."

Sure enough, the North Stanly player shooting the two free throws made both of them, which tied the score at 56-56. Then NS inbounded the ball, gets set up, shoots and misses with only seconds left...As fate would have it, this same Bandys player #24 manages to get the rebound then throws a monster pass nearly the length of the court and into the hands of #12 for Bandys who makes an easy layup giving The Trojans a 58-56 lead with 1 second left in the game. Now, that is my idea of redemption, and this kid seemed so happy.

When he got the technical he was not showing off, he must have had a bit of a lapse. I was really glad it turned out that way for him... North Stanly got the ball down court but couldn't score giving Bandys the win. Somebody must have written about this in a book. A big congratulations to the Trojans and their fans.

Postscript: A tip of the hat to North Stanly as well. After having such a big chance that had to hurt, and a couple of their player appeared to be taking the loss really hard. Great effort by the Comets.
It was a fun season….I’ve watched a bunch of close games this year…daggum nail biters…just the way I like games to go. Wished Maiden could’ve won a few more but it’s all good.

I’ll be pulling for the CVAC teams that advanced…you can bank on that. 😉

It appears that there were only 2 upsets in the 2a east bracket. Upset may not be the right term but y’all know what I mean.

Northeastern over Kinston
SE Alamance over Roanoke Rapids

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
25-2 Lake Norman takes on East Forsyth this Friday at 7. Anyone know about East Forsyth program.

Hickory 89 West Charlotte 64. Hickory advances to play North Lincoln 2nd rd. I do believe its possible we could see Hickory vs Central Cabarrus in the semis.
North Lincoln is a good team but Hickory has beaten them twice this season by 30 points and again by 21. Watched Hickory and North Lincoln in their last game on the NFHS Network and it looked like The Red Tornadoes plan A is to disassemble the defense and make the easy shot, which they did over and over.

Centarl Cabarrus must be awesome. Unless I missed something no one could stay in the game with them, this season, with the exceptions of 4A Julius Chambers out of Charlotte. In the 3A west, I believe if anyone could beat CC it would be Hickory.

North Lincoln is a good team but Hickory has beaten them twice this season by 30 points and again by 21. Watched Hickory and North Lincoln in their last game on the NFHS Network and it looked like The Red Tornadoes plan A is to disassemble the defense and make the easy shot, which they did over and over.

Centarl Cabarrus must be awesome. Unless I missed something no one could stay in the game with them, this season, with the exceptions of 4A Julius Chambers out of Charlotte. In the 3A west, I believe if anyone could beat CC it would be Hickory.
I believe that will be an exciting to see between Hickory n Central Cabarrus should they play. Out of curiosity where will the semis in the boys game be played at.

Vik Val, was Stanback the injured player?
So the info I got was Standback was the player injured. With 1:57 left in the game is when the injury happened. It was reported he had concussion and dislocated finger. I also seen he is Appalachian St. recruit.

I understand that Davie has some good size, with 3-4 players 6-6 and over. It is notable that the four War Eagle losses have occurred late in the season. Grimsley has legit D1 big man in Goods who averages 20-10-5 as well a couple of 4/5 star underclassmen in Davis and Brandon - but for football. They are good athletes nonetheless. Whirlies have won Metro 4A regular season and tournament four years in a row. Coach Darren Corbett is as good as it gets in N.C.

Does Davie travel well? It’s less than an hour from Advance to Greensboro! It will be a good contest.

I understand that Davie has some good size, with 3-4 players 6-6 and over. It is notable that the four War Eagle losses have occurred late in the season. Grimsley has legit D1 big man in Goods who averages 20-10-5 as well a couple of 4/5 star underclassmen in Davis and Brandon - but for football. They are good athletes nonetheless. Whirlies have won Metro 4A regular season and tournament four years in a row. Coach Darren Corbett is as good as it gets in N.C.

Does Davie travel well? It’s less than an hour from Advance to Greensboro! It will be a good contest.
Davie usually fills the stands up completely

Reactions: RammanuelKant
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT