ADVERTISEMENT

Best Pizza place to eat

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Ok we had a best BBQ thread. This is best Pizza place to eat. Someone had mentioned about a place called Buffalo Mercantile which is up in Lenoir I think as having best Pizza. Which this place is apparently out in middle of nowhere. I never ate there but at one time King of Pizza was the tops in Mooresville when it use to be open. Any thoughts of your favorite pizza joint.

Haven't had the ones at Burns or Crest but Brick and Woverine Pizza in Columbus are excellent choices!
Actually Hunt Brothers pizza is all over the place and nothing really special about it other than the good taste already made slices in the warmer at convient stores otw to those schools.
If Shelby Lion beat you there you're SOL he's a hog and buys it all up😳

Actually Hunt Brothers pizza is all over the place and nothing really special about it other than the good taste already made slices in the warmer at convient stores otw to those schools.
If Shelby Lion beat you there you're SOL he's a hog and buys it all up😳
He Ain’t lying !!!! I knew I liked you Joker! Lol You just can’t beat a hunk of hunts brothers pizza!!

I guess around town two of my favorites other than hunts in Shelby are pleasant city wood fired grill and also Toscanos has a good pizza as well

I should have mentioned more of King of Pizza that was so good. It did shut down back in early 90’s I think but they had a real good salad bar, wings, also one of my favorite was their spaghetti. I use to work there back in my HS days and when break time came around I made me a peewee pizza, spaghetti and their fruit salad. Those were the days. Villiage Inn makes their sauce similar to KOP. Their fruit salad as it was called I think was really good. The notable ones for me now is Pie in Sky in Mooresville and Untouchables Denver at 150/16 Hwy crossroads. Oh yeah one thing. The bonus about working at KOP. When I working at closing. I could make a pizza and bring it home at no charge.

Last edited:
I should have mentioned more of Kings of Pizza that was so good. It did shut down back in early 90’s I think but they had a real good salad bar, wings, also one of my favorite was their spaghetti. I use to work there back in my HS days and when break time came around I made me a peewee pizza, spaghetti and their fruit salad. Those were the days. Villiage Inn makes their sauce similar to KOP. Their fruit salad as it was called I think was really good. The notable ones for me now is Pie in Sky in Mooresville and Untouchables Denver at 150/16 Hwy crossroads. Oh yeah one thing. The bonus about working at KOP. When I working at closing. I could make a pizza and bring it home at no charge.
Untouchables is good.

I’ve reread this thread and I’m drooling!
I’m eating pizza today!!!…I don’t care who says different!😂

Funny story….waaaay back…the company I worked for ordered pizzas for all the employees. When the pizzas arrived we discovered the order was made incorrectly and 2 of the pizzas had anchovies on them. No one would touch those pizzas which meant somebody was going hungry.

Well….not me…and this ole boy from Burke county…we grubbed on those pizzas….like smoked herring pizzas! 😵‍💫…wouldn’t half bad…once you got past the smell. 😂😂😂

Anchovy Pizza is something that only a cat would love!

Last edited:
I’ve reread this thread and I’m drooling!
I’m eating pizza today!!!…I don’t care who says different!😂

Funny story….waaaay back…the company I worked for ordered pizzas for all the employees. When the pizzas arrived we discovered the order was made incorrectly and 2 of the pizzas had anchovies on them. No one would touch those pizzas which meant somebody was going hungry.

Well….not me…and this ole boy from Burke county…we grubbed on those pizzas….like smoked herring pizzas! 😵‍💫…wouldn’t half bad…once you got past the smell. 😂😂😂

Anchovy Pizza is something that only a cat would love!
Well did you get to eat pizza today. I was curious if you did where you went to.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well did you get to eat pizza today. I was curious if you did where you went to.
Tried to order from Gepetto’s in Newton but couldn’t get anyone to answer….maybe they are closed on Sunday. I should’ve mentioned them as well…their deluxe pizza is really good.

Soooo…I did something I haven’t done in years….I ordered a supreme from Pizza Hut.

Ok we had a best BBQ thread. This is best Pizza place to eat. Someone had mentioned about a place called Buffalo Mercantile which is up in Lenoir I think as having best Pizza. Which this place is apparently out in middle of nowhere. I never ate there but at one time King of Pizza was the tops in Mooresville when it use to be open. Any thoughts of your favorite pizza joint.
My KITCHEN, I MAKE my own PIZZA.

Coat and gloves work, but no fun do it in the dark and not being able to enjoy a cold adult beverage while cooking.
I know I’ll get lamb basted for saying this….but those new air fryers do a pretty good job on a steak….when the weather is yukky!

I was skeptical at first….but I’ve been surprised at the result. One of the very few times that my wife said….I told you so!…and she was right!😂

Air Fryers are amazing. Cast iron makes for a great steak as well. Just gets smoky.
Grape seed oil ….. problem fixed with the smoke
I’m my opinion nothing beats a cast iron for steaks… and y’all freaks who eat anything over med rare might as well be eating beef jerky 😂 1 min per side and it’s done …. And still mooing they way it’s supposed to be 😂

Grape seed oil ….. problem fixed with the smoke
I’m my opinion nothing beats a cast iron for steaks… and y’all freaks who eat anything over med rare might as well be eating beef jerky 😂 1 min per side and it’s done …. And still mooing they way it’s supposed to be 😂
Unless I'm using butter for eggs, grapeseed oil is the only oil that touches my cast iron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT