ADVERTISEMENT

Best Steakhouses

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Ok we did best BBQ, best Pizza. Now your favorite Steakhouse you like to eat. Personally I like grilling out. Did it just today. Some of the best steak you can eat.

Last edited:
Wife and I did the train ride last july in Bryson City as she always wanted to do that...so we did...(the one that went to dillsboro) on the layover we walked around a bit and decided when we left Bryson City we would drive back down and check it out without all the folks from the train ride...

Stopped in at Boots steakhouse... May have been the best ribeye I have ever had....

Ill agree with you Vik doing it yourself on a grill cant be beat, but that little charming town and that steakhouse and the owner (forgpt her name) made for a great anniversary weekend for Mrs Lion and myself..

I'll give a vote to the Woodshed in Stanley.
You beat me to the punch on this one. The Woodshed is top notch. Me and the Mrs go there for our anniversary.
It’s right in the middle of town. If you’re looking for it, you can’t miss it. If you haven’t been you need to give it a shot, but bring your big wallet, it ain’t cheep.

You beat me to the punch on this one. The Woodshed is top notch. Me and the Mrs go there for our anniversary.
It’s right in the middle of town. If you’re looking for it, you can’t miss it. If you haven’t been you need to give it a shot, but bring your big wallet, it ain’t cheep.
Food is great, but the facility looks like it did 25 years ago!

Last edited:
Longhorn is great bang for buck. Texas Roadhouse has great filet and the rolls are UNREAL.

If you want to impress someone go to Steak 48 in Charlotte by South Park. Probably need to book a few weeks out during prime time.

Hall's in Charleston is elite.

As for me eating at a steakhouse. I like Texas Roadhouse real good. But some of these other places that I haven’t been I would like to try it out.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Bob's in the Omni in Nashville is hands down the best steak I've ever had. Locally, its hard to beat the Woodshed, and Oldstone in Belmont has a nice steak. Across the state I would throw in Beef & Bottle in Charlotte and Angus Barn in Raleigh.

Anybody else remember the Hereford Barn in Charlotte? That was the place to go.
I was there the last month it was open. As you said it was THE place to go but towards the end it turned into about the worst joint I’ve ever been in. Silver was dirty, food was served cold, the waitress didn’t want to be there, on and on.

I was there the last month it was open. As you said it was THE place to go but towards the end it turned into about the worst joint I’ve ever been in. Silver was dirty, food was served cold, the waitress didn’t want to be there, on and on.
70's and into the 80's this was where you would see somebody like Stevie Wonder eating when in Charlotte for a concert. As Btango said and you put, as that area went down hill, the business went with it.

Bob's in the Omni in Nashville is hands down the best steak I've ever had. Locally, its hard to beat the Woodshed, and Oldstone in Belmont has a nice steak. Across the state I would throw in Beef & Bottle in Charlotte and Angus Barn in Raleigh.
Bob's is elite! When in Nashville I like Jeff Ruby's.

Beef n Bottle is old school. Like going back in time. Great service and food. Still a lot of the old timers go and some have standing reservations on the same night and time every week. Kind of like Wednesday night church.

When I venture over to meet people in Charlotte these are my favorite steak places: Steak 48, Capital Grille, Dean's, BLT, Eddie V's, Dressler's, Beef n Bottle. Some folks like Del Frisco's, Ruth Chris at South Park (not the one in Uptown), The Palm, Morton's. I was a Sullivan's (in South End) fan but they still use the pandemic as a reason certain items are not on the menu and service not up to the old days.

The person waiting on you and their teammates can make a good meal real good. Bad service is a killer. Steak 48 for me is top shelf on service.

Beef n Bottle is old school. Like going back in time. Great service and food. Still a lot of the old timers go and some have standing reservations on the same night and time every week. Kind of like Wednesday night church.

When I venture over to meet people in Charlotte these are my favorite steak places: Steak 48, Capital Grille, Dean's, BLT, Eddie V's, Dressler's, Beef n Bottle. Some folks like Del Frisco's, Ruth Chris at South Park (not the one in Uptown), The Palm, Morton's. I was a Sullivan's (in South End) fan but they still use the pandemic as a reason certain items are not on the menu and service not up to the old days.

The person waiting on you and their teammates can make a good meal real good. Bad service is a killer. Steak 48 for me is top shelf on service.
Did not realize there was a Morton’s in Charlotte, where is it?

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Elite is a good word for Bob's. I'll have to give Jeff Ruby's a try when I am back in Nashville.

Anybody else remember the Hereford Barn in Charlotte? That was the place to go.
Went there for my 18th birthday. For a poor, K-town Mill Hill kid, that was high cotton in those days. Please be set my parents back $50……which would probably be $100 in todays money.
That area went to sh!t.
No shi!t! It’s probably a homeless/crime haven now. It’s been painted all over.

Does anyone remember Steak n Ale in Charlotte. I hope I spelled it right. My only visit there was when I took my prom date years ago. Lol. Seems like they had good food. Anyone know what happened to the place.
Had a steak and Ale in Winston-Salem also. There was a murder of, I think 2 employees after closing hours. And it never recovered.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT