“FINAL 4”
1f43b.png
Go Bears

.........West #1 Mount Airy vs #3 Murphy
.........East #1 Pamlico vs #10 Weldon

Last edited:
Thanks Deana !
Northwest 1A Boys

#1 Winston-Salem Prep (25-3) vs. #2 Lincoln Charter (25-4)
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
Site: Fleming Gymnasium, UNC-Greensboro
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Northwest 1A Girls
Guess I will miss this one. I want get home till 3:10 and that SUX.
I will try and start the Girls from my cellphone if I get time.

#1 Mount Airy (25-2) vs. #3 Murphy (27-2)
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
Site: Lawrence Joel Veterans; Memorial Coliseum, Wake Forest University
Time: 2:00

Last edited:
.......OK What Are Your Thoughts
Girl's 1-A West Finals Saturday Place TBD

#1 Mount Airy #3 Murphy " Here We Go Again "

Boy's 1-A West Finals Saturday Place TBD
#1 W-S Prep #2 Lincoln Charter

Girl's 2-A West Finals Saturday Place TBD
Girl's 2A #1 Mountain Heritage #3 North Wilkes

1A GIRLS
1f3c0.png
“FINAL 4”
1f43b.png
Go Bears

.........West #1 Mount Airy vs #3 Murphy
.........East #1 Pamlico vs #10 Weldon

I'll give some thoughts on the West match-ups.....

Mount Airy vs. Murphy........should be a very good game. I didn't get to see MA this year and I hate that. Jo Snow is fun to watch.

WS Prep vs. Lincoln Charter.......I expect a "Haglar-Hearns" type battle here. Familiar foes that are loaded with talent. Great backcourts on both sides. Doesn't get much better than Williamson vs. Shubert at the point. I actually think that this game will be decided by frontcourt play.

Mt. Heritage vs. North Wilkes.......don't know anything about Heritage...have seen N Wilkes. N Wilkes has good, good size across the board and a pretty good point guard. Don't know what'll happen here.

Salisbury vs. Forest Hills........haven't seen either play this year (but have watched them in the recent past). Expect an up-and-down affair. Both teams known for having good athleticism. Should be a really fun game to watch.

Ashbrook vs. Northern Guilford........should be interesting. Can NG handle Ashbrook's full-court pressure? Should be a good battle inside between Cunane and Evonna McGill. I can't call this one.

Cox Mill vs. Smith...........can anyone slow down/play with Cox Mill? Anyone? Smith brings an interesting challenge in the fact that they're loaded with size/athleticism. They have a few guys that match-up well/decently with Wendell and Leaky. It'll be real interesting to see who Smith puts on those two. Wendell will get his.....but Smith will make it a little tougher than usual. I think if Smith defends the three and controls the paint/boards, I think they have a chance of pulling the upset.

NW Guilford vs. Mallard Creek.......rematch of last year's final. This game will probably look a lot like last year's. Big question for me is how will Mallard Creek play/defend Liz Kitley? She game them a lot of problems last year. MC is very athletic. They'll probably try to speed the tempo up. Ahlana Smith is very, very good. NW will have trouble with her.

Rocky River vs. Indy.......should be pretty good. I'm surprised that Rocky River knocked off North Meck and also surprised that Indy made it this far ( I thought last year would be their year). RR has an awesome player by the name of Jaden Springer. Indy's best player is probably Jamarious Burton. On paper, both teams look evenly matched.

Last edited:
"can anyone slow down/play with cox mill?"

um yeah lincoln charter only lost to them by 2pts earlier this year. thats why i think lincoln charter will blow out winston salem prep. 30pt win for lincoln charter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT