ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ Thomas Jefferson.

Both teams lost to Mountain Island by about the same score.It really depends which
h Albemarle team shows up. The one who played last night and outplayed North Rowan they can win but if it's the one that played North Stanly they can get ready for basketball season.Good luck to the Dogs next week and congratulations on last nights win. Get focused for next week.

Reactions: sway1532 and btango
I think TJ will be the favorite by wouldn't be surprised if Albermarle won.
If you do win you will have to travel to Andrews or Elkin. Andrews is probably 40 minutes shorter drive than Hayesville.
Then Rville/Murphy trip.
Brutal.

If you do win you will have to travel to Andrews or Elkin. Andrews is probably 40 minutes shorter drive than Hayesville.
Then Rville/Murphy trip.
Brutal.

Of course both have tough games but it would be cool to see and Ablemarle and Elkin matchup in the 3rd round considering the history of each program in the mid 2000s. I may be wrong but I don't think they 2 have ever played.

Reactions: sway1532
Of course both have tough games but it would be cool to see and Ablemarle and Elkin matchup in the 3rd round considering the history of each program in the mid 2000s. I may be wrong but I don't think they 2 have ever played.

I’d kind of like to see Andrews-Albemarle to give Andrews the chance to host a third round game since I’m not sure if that’s ever happened before.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Don’t think so but Elkin and Ablemarle have spent a few pleasant Saturdays playing 1a/1aa championship games together.

I’d kind of like to see Andrews-Albemarle to give Andrews the chance to host a third round game since I’m not sure if that’s ever happened before.

What if Andrews ended up in the western finals? I'd say its possible. That side of the bracket is a tossup imo.

What if Andrews ended up in the western finals? I'd say its possible. That side of the bracket is a tossup imo.

If they are in the western finals while one of either Robbinsville or Murphy is practicing basketball, the griping on here about seeding will be next level. I do think Andrews will have their best team in years next year and every extra week of practice and experience they get this year is huge for them.

Don’t think so but Elkin and Ablemarle have spent a few pleasant Saturdays playing 1a/1aa championship games together.

Think they both played on a Sunday one year, also. Wallace Wade Stadium.

Lol. You picked my brain. Yep I would like to see a 3rd round game in Andrews. But of course we have to focus on the game at hand. A win at Elkin with this young team could really help this team for next year with a good taste of 3 round football

I know nothing about TJ but I think my bulldogs will give them a good game...I believe we are playing our best football of the year right now...Couldn't have come at a better time....Good luck to my Albemarle Bulldogs from your biggest fan!!!!!

I don’t believe we have. Back in the early 2000s Albemarle and Elkin were playing for ships. Albemarle did a 3 peat and I believe Elikin did the same.

I don’t believe we have. Back in the early 2000s Albemarle and Elkin were playing for ships. Albemarle did a 3 peat and I believe Elikin did the same.

Elkin won 4 in 5 years from 02-06. 04 they lost to Swain in the western finals. The played at least twice on the same day for their ships. I think Thomasville played the other 2 times Elkin went.

Reactions: sway1532
Elkin won 4 in 5 years from 02-06. 04 they lost to Swain in the western finals. The played at least twice on the same day for their ships. I think Thomasville played the other 2 times Elkin went.
Those were some good Elks teams. I'm glad to see Elkin getting closer to prominence. It helps 1a, especially with Mitchell hovering on the line every year. Although, when the realignment comes out, it might not matter anymore...

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Those were some good Elks teams. I'm glad to see Elkin getting closer to prominence. It helps 1a, especially with Mitchell hovering on the line every year. Although, when the realignment comes out, it might not matter anymore...

Elkin will have a good year next year then I think they fall off again. They're about to hit a couple groups that didn't even have enough to field a middle school team 2 years in a row. If the MVAC stays the same(which I hope it doesn't) after realignment East Wilkes will more than likely be the top 1A team in the conference for a couple seasons. It will be interesting to see. Especially considering teams in the 500s in enrollment couldn't bump up to 5A. Imagine Mitchell, East Wilkes, Starmount, Avery, etc playing 2A ball with teams like. Shelby who probably won't have enough kids to be 3A.

Elkin will have a good year next year then I think they fall off again. They're about to hit a couple groups that didn't even have enough to field a middle school team 2 years in a row. If the MVAC stays the same(which I hope it doesn't) after realignment East Wilkes will more than likely be the top 1A team in the conference for a couple seasons. It will be interesting to see. Especially considering teams in the 500s in enrollment couldn't bump up to 5A. Imagine Mitchell, East Wilkes, Starmount, Avery, etc playing 2A ball with teams like. Shelby who probably won't have enough kids to be 3A.

We already did that in the 90s. We won in basketball sectionals in men’s and 2 state championships in women’s. Not much luck in football. When your 2a it is a way tougher rd to the championship.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
We already did that in the 90s. We won in basketball sectionals in men’s and 2 state championships in women’s. Not much luck in football. When your 2a it is a way tougher rd to the championship.

It definitely is. However if you're currently 1A and bump to 2A you get rid of having to play the advantage schools in basketball, soccer, and the country club sports.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Mhsneer
However if you're currently 1A and bump to 2A you get rid of having to play the advantage schools in basketball, soccer, and the country club sports.
Not entirely, Pine Lake Prep and Lincoln Charter are likely to be 2A in 2021 even if they stick with four classes (joining Lake Norman Charter) and if they go to five classes there will be more charters moving up now and in the future.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Not entirely, Pine Lake Prep and Lincoln Charter are likely to be 2A in 2021 even if they stick with four classes (joining Lake Norman Charter) and if they go to five classes there will be more charters moving up now and in the future.

The vast majority of charters will stay on the 1A end. But yes as time goes on more will move up.

Don't take the bait. TJ is good.Simmons rating is 107. Albemarle is 82. Twenty five points is more than enough for me to say this will take a perfect effort. Forget reminiscing about your glory years. It will mean nothing Friday night in the big picture. I am hoping for an upset...but, it will be a real one for this to happen.

Then Rville/Murphy trip.
Brutal.
I believe you are assuming they go through the Gorge to get to Hayesville. Anyone going to Hayesville from the east goes through Franklin and over the Mountain. I'm sure thats the way Albemarle went (If someone from Albemarle would like to chime in on this). I live in Hickory but travel to Peachtree when visiting my father and its about the same distance for me either direction I take.. it just depends if you want the river view or the mountain view.

Reactions: PantherPit07
Yeah I forgot about going through Franklin.
Not the way us Robbinsville folks would ever go.

If someone either from TJ or has played them fill me in on how good they are...I do understand they have a good passing game...thanks....

The huge line will get tired before the game is over.

TJ has played a really soft schedule.

Yeah u beat a 5 and 8 team congrats. and hayesville must be bad to get blown out by albemarle

Reactions: atucker2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT