ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ Murphy

Murphy and Albemarle played each other 4 times from '09-'13, some really great games in there. The '11 Murphy-Albemarle game might be the best football game I've seen involving Murphy.

I too would like to see Albemarle get back to the level of yesteryear. The '11 and '12 Albemarle teams that Murphy beat were both great football teams, as was the undefeated '09 Albemarle team Murphy lost to.

Albemarle is young with only 3 or 4 seniors and are better than their 3-7 record. They have some pretty good speed but will have to eliminate the mental errors and play smart. They played everyone pretty close with the exception of JM Robinson .

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Murphy will pound Albemarle upfront in this one and win big. Albemarle is athletic and young so hopefully they will be back soon as a playoff contender.
My exact expectation. The games AHS lost to Murphy were displays of run blocking with backs following those blocks. Murphy continually sealed the edge and made big gains.

My exact expectation. The games AHS lost to Murphy were displays of run blocking with backs following those blocks. Murphy continually sealed the edge and made big gains.
Albemarle went away from their effective Dive option/off tackle run under center offense several years ago. The spread it out now. The defense runs to the ball well and the offense has some playmakers, but sputters too often.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Everything good over there in Murphy? Seen a post saying to Keep Coach Watson and his family in thoughts and prayers. Hope everything is okay

Reactions: RealStihl
I’m not sure on this one. I was able to watch a game with murphy. Our line will have to hold strong if they do it could get interesting. I think it could be a good game.

Albemarle is capable of winning , but it requires four quarters of determined play. Special teams will be key to hanging in there. I would guess Murphy 34 Albemarle 20.

Albemarle is capable of winning , but it requires four quarters of determined play. Special teams will be key to hanging in there. I would guess Murphy 34 Albemarle 20.
I think it’s going to come down to the lines and not in the first half. It honestly has the makings of a really good game coming down to late third and fourth quarter.

For Murphy I would like to see a bounce back performance from #14 at QB this week after a rough 2 week stretch. When #14 is on point Murphy can play with just about anybody in 1A, if the version of the last 2 weeks shows up however this game might end up being a lot tighter than some expect.

Definitely. These past few years I don’t think there was a question. This year you have an idea this could be a great game. I think A game to A game this is a pretty good matchup and could be a good game. Both teams have really good skill players. I think the lines will determine this game. If Alb is competing on the line well it could get very interesting.

Reactions: mbdfan
Albemarle went away from their effective Dive option/off tackle run under center offense several years ago. The spread it out now. The defense runs to the ball well and the offense has some playmakers, but sputters too often.
That explains why Albemarle has been on the losing end of so many games over the past few years. The dreaded spread offense! We don't talk about those years in Swain.

That braves missed extra pt earlier could bite em

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT