ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Bishop McGuinness

If their stadium doesn't meet required standards, then Murphy can petition the state to move the game to another site. I think the appeal must be filed by Monday at 10 am.
I guarantee Bishop has a backup plan. They moved basketball this spring. They will not let this game get moved to far away. Just an honest question, would Murphy ask for this?

I guarantee Bishop has a backup plan. They moved basketball this spring. They will not let this game get moved to far away. Just an honest question, would Murphy ask for this?
I have no idea. The only reason I am aware of this is because Hayesville should of requested their game last year with CTK be moved.

Reactions: Swain97
I have no idea. The only reason I am aware of this is because Hayesville should of requested their game last year with CTK be moved.
I have no connections with Bishop, but have refereed there many times. I betting their bleacher’s capacity is around 500. If not some portable ones added would surely take it it over 500. There’s probably 5 4A high schools with 10 miles of Bishop that will be empty Friday night, but those big stadiums would certainly dwarf the crowd that would probably attend.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Won't be nobody from Murphy drive down that far for this game in 2nd round. Maybe next week to watch them play Mayberry. They will sit home and stream it.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Won't be nobody from Murphy drive down that far for this game in 2nd round. Maybe next week to watch them play Mayberry. They will sit home and scream it.
I think that’s why attendance is down at games, especially those that are later in the year and cold. People will stay home and watch. Even had one poster who was not happy last year because ER wasn’t broadcasting the game he didn’t want to travel to watch. The casual fan, not a parent, when given the chance, often will choose to watch games in comfort of their homes if possible.

That way they can SCREAM all they want 😂

I think that’s why attendance is down at games, especially those that are later in the year and cold. People will stay home and watch. Even had one poster who was not happy last year because ER wasn’t broadcasting the game he didn’t want to travel to watch. The casual fan, not a parent, when given the chance, often will choose to watch games in comfort of their homes if possible.

I am also wondering if the schools are starting to price themselves out also. $7 or $8 cash for admission. If the school requires you to use an app, those prices plus a service fee. Just some thoughts?

Reactions: thekidd12
Murphy is in the SMC surely they are not worried about playing Bishop! Look at Bishops conference and teams they have beat! The Mighty SMC......Murphy should win easily!

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

Oh great. All the charter guys are back.
Just in time to say farewell to 🏈 season

Oh great. All the charter guys are back.
Just in time to say farewell to 🏈 season
my comment to buzz was positive, Nice to not get the annual Mt. Airy beat down. After all these years I would think that you would know that Bshop is not a charter school.

my comment to buzz was positive, Nice to not get the annual Mt. Airy beat down. After all these years I would think that you would know that Bshop is not a charter school.
As to Bishop and Football yes I think it is great BG is not in our conference, as to Basketball that would be a different thought. I seem to remember 9 straight State Championships. On second thought, yep, Mt Airy Lady Bears do not mind not having to play you twice a year.

Thoughts?
My personal thought on this game is simple. Murphy is going to give Bishop a heavy dose of Buck-sweep and if they can't stop it, it is going to be a long night. Bishop throws the ball but if you know how to stop the T you will be in for a long night. Murphy 42 Bishop 13.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
As to Bishop and Football yes I think it is great BG is not in our conference, as to Basketball that would be a different thought. I seem to remember 9 straight State Championships. On second thought, yep, Mt Airy Lady Bears do not mind not having to play you twice a year.
Don’t want to hijack but during Bishop’s run of 9 titles they didn’t even win the conference in 4 of those 9 years ( shows how good that conference was). In 2011-2012 season Mt. airy girls owned Bishop 3 out of 3, the last win by 22 points. Unfortunately they were paired in the second round of states at Mt Airy and Bishop won by 1 in overtime (best visiting team non home cooking ref call to end the game I’ve ever seen )

Get there early Murphy fans... There is literally like 50 seats for visitors unless they expanded them in the last 5 years.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
This could be an interesting game.......could be a blowout....

Bishop's not bad. They've got a decent arsenal of athletes on the offensive end. Decent in the trenches. The guy you need to really watch out for is Aiden Martin. He's got some jets.

Biggest question for Bishop is.......can they handle Murphy's physicality. Those SMC teams "hit different" (pun intended).

I think Murphy takes this one. However, Bishop could surprise them early on.

I think Chute has a good take on this one. I don't expect Murphy to lose here, but it wouldn't be a total surprise. I am personally interested to see how Bishop's pass game works out in this game against Murphy. If Murphy isn't prepared, they could give up an easy score or two.

As for seating, I didn't think their seating was that bad when I was there for a soccer game earlier this year. It was small but I think would comfortably hold 150 to 200. You just are not going to be able to prop your legs up on the bench in front of you and lounge back on the bench behind you. The odd thing I thought about it was the have two separate set of bleacher both on the same side of the field. One home (larger obviously) and a smaller one to it's right side for visitors. Their soccer team lost last night in the west semi-final 1-0 to Thomas Jefferson. They had a successful soccer season this year too. They are having a pretty good year in their sports programs so far. Mount Airy's lost last night to to Gray Stone Day ( never even heard of them) 5-2. So I hope that isn't any type of omen for tonight.

Enjoy the game and safe travels Murphy.

I think Chute has a good take on this one. I don't expect Murphy to lose here, but it wouldn't be a total surprise. I am personally interested to see how Bishop's pass game works out in this game against Murphy. If Murphy isn't prepared, they could give up an easy score or two.

As for seating, I didn't think their seating was that bad when I was there for a soccer game earlier this year. It was small but I think would comfortably hold 150 to 200. You just are not going to be able to prop your legs up on the bench in front of you and lounge back on the bench behind you. The odd thing I thought about it was the have two separate set of bleacher both on the same side of the field. One home (larger obviously) and a smaller one to it's right side for visitors. Their soccer team lost last night in the west semi-final 1-0 to Thomas Jefferson. They had a successful soccer season this year too. They are have a pretty good year in their sports programs. Mount Airy's last night to to Gray Stone Day ( never even heard of them) 5-2. So I hope that isn't an type of omen for tonight.

Enjoy the game and safe travels Murphy.
Gray Stone Day is somewhere near Pfeiffer University.

I looked it up last night while watching the game. They apparently started off using a building on Pfeiffer's campus and have since built their own facilities. Who knows, maybe one day I'll catch a game there.

This could be an interesting game.......could be a blowout....

Bishop's not bad. They've got a decent arsenal of athletes on the offensive end. Decent in the trenches. The guy you need to really watch out for is Aiden Martin. He's got some jets.

Biggest question for Bishop is.......can they handle Murphy's physicality. Those SMC teams "hit different" (pun intended).

I think Murphy takes this one. However, Bishop could surprise them early on.

If there's an SMC team where physicality wouldn't be a factor, it would be Murphy. Their running back is a game changer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT