ADVERTISEMENT

ac reynolds vs south iredell

rocketfan73

Nov 30, 2014
so lets get started. what kind of offense does s iredell run. are they a throwing team or a running team? whats their defense play normally ?

Good luck this week rocketfan.I don't know much about them but South Iredell has some good wins this year.

South Iredell has a mostly passing offense and it is impressive. They put a lot off pressure on your secondary. If your corners cannot cover you are in trouble. Pope is the real deal, he improvises very well and finds his receivers downfield. He is the best thrower I have seen all year. Their defense is ok and you can run against them. If South gets off early offensively against AC, it could be a long nite for the Rockets. I will make the trip for this one if it is not too cold up there! LOL

If Reynolds has a weakness, it's it's secondary. They can give up a lot of yards, but they can also get a lot of pressure on the qb as well.

Souths defense is is better than most think our offense is very good running or passing they play physical on defense we have speed all over the place

Reactions: Blackhawkdown93
Reynolds is very well coached and seems to always find a way to win close games. I do think however though, you're gonna have to throw the ball well to beat them.

We (Asheville) have a pretty good sr rb that had like 6 yards rushing against acr. Very tough to run on the reynolds line and linebackers and are very good tacklers.

However on the flip side, we have a 5 foot 2 sophomore qb who can't see over our offensive line that threw for 245 on them.

Reynolds is a good team, but they played in a pathetic league, south passing game will cause big problems.

Reynolds is a good team, but they played in a pathetic league, south passing game will cause big problems.

Agreed, the WMAC was weak, but I have to ask, which conference was stronger the WMAC or the conference Parkland and SW Guilford played in? I’m sure you will agree their conference is much stronger with those teams along with Mt Tabor and Dudley. My point is conference strength doesn’t equal playoff wins.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Unlike the powehouse conference with Jesse Carson, N. Iredell and perennial power East Rowan. Mr Bud I think your Vikings will win by 30 + Hard to beat a 10,000 yard passing QB

Strength of schedule is important but when you make it to round 3 all of that disappears it's 2 good ball team that are going to play friday dont know much about ac reynolds but i do know south is physical defensive end that has 23.5 sacks on the season and talented linebackers on offense they could easily be averaging over 50 a game if the starters would have played more than 2 quarters all but 2 games in the regular season great qb some really good wr's and a 1000 yard rusher it' going to be a gun game

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Strength of schedule is important but when you make it to round 3 all of that disappears it's 2 good ball team that are going to play friday dont know much about ac reynolds but i do know south is physical defensive end that has 23.5 sacks on the season and talented linebackers on offense they could easily be averaging over 50 a game if the starters would have played more than 2 quarters all but 2 games in the regular season great qb some really good wr's and a 1000 yard rusher it' going to be a gun game
I agree Chaser! ACR has a decent QB and RB. Defense is ok but seems to struggle defending the pass like AHS Cougar pointed out. Pretty amazing about the Defensive end with 23.5 sacks! I don't think ACR has 23 sacks as a team for the season. I hope the Rockets can find a way to stay on the field with the Vikings. Safe travels up the mountain!

I agree Chaser! ACR has a decent QB and RB. Defense is ok but seems to struggle defending the pass like AHS Cougar pointed out. Pretty amazing about the Defensive end with 23.5 sacks! I don't think ACR has 23 sacks as a team for the season. I hope the Rockets can find a way to stay on the field with the Vikings. Safe travels up the mountain!
Def will be a fun trip up there if you struggle against the pass it could be a long night pope our qb is 6'3 185lbs can run and throw hard 10300+ yrds passing in his career. I' just excited to be playing after thanksgiving

I wasn't trying to insult Reynolds after they beat our ass. My only point was that if they had a weakness defensively it was their secondary. We had 3 chances from the 1 yard line early in the game to tie it and couldn't even get a yard. So it's difficult to run against them. Reynolds has smart players who always seem to be in the right place at the right times. Weather won't be an issue this Friday. It'll be who can slow down the other qb

If South jumps to an early lead and AC cannot run the football effectively and move the chains, lookout !! The SI offense will go into a scoring frenzy. They will throw aggressively into the endzone on fade routes. Their receivers are aggressive and will go get the football. AC will have to find a way and jam the SI receivers and upset the timing. If Pope and his receivers get into a rhythm this one could be decided by halftime. AC will also have to spy Pope with a linebacker because he will take off and run. I am picking South but I will never underestimate the mountain teams. There always is a strong mountain team every year. However, certain things have to come into play for AC to win. BTW, any good places to eat close to the school?

If South jumps to an early lead and AC cannot run the football effectively and move the chains, lookout !! The SI offense will go into a scoring frenzy. They will throw aggressively into the endzone on fade routes. Their receivers are aggressive and will go get the football. AC will have to find a way and jam the SI receivers and upset the timing. If Pope and his receivers get into a rhythm this one could be decided by halftime. AC will also have to spy Pope with a linebacker because he will take off and run. I am picking South but I will never underestimate the mountain teams. There always is a strong mountain team every year. However, certain things have to come into play for AC to win. BTW, any good places to eat close to the school?
Hoping ACR can find a way! To feed the SI "feeding frenzy" before the game... Great local pizza place across from the school "Piazza" or if you prefer Mexican, great restaurant in a 50's diner building (don't let the venue fool you) 100 yds up. Nacho's and Beer, great food and drinks. You may want to drink a margarita or three. It will help ease the pain.

one thing i have to ask. if that conference was that strong what happenned to sw guilford when they played us last friday? they beat dudley 34 to 6 right? they couldnt run or throw it against us. we will be there friday nite count on it. go green

Anyone saying Acr needs some breaks to go their way in order to win needs to take a step back. Acr is one of the most respected programs in all of NC. I'm sure South Iredell has a fine team, but they aren't in Reynolds zip code on tradition.

Acr has to get after the quarterback, but I expect they will be able to do that some. Should be a great game on Friday. Pulling for the rockets (until we smash those little green boogers next year).

Yea i don't think it's gonna be a lot whichever way it goes. Maybe if one team has 6 turnovers or something. (Which is highly unlikely). Weather will play absolutely no part in this game so that'd be the only way. For it to be late November in wnc, you can't get much better weather for what ACR and SI will get Friday. High of 60. Probably still in the low 50s, high 40s at kickoff. Guaranteed south Iredell has been practicing in cooler weather than what they will be playing in Friday night. Weather won't play an issue. The 3 hour bus ride could.

South Iredell conference is very weak

All of this south conference and a.c. conference stuff doesn't matter both teams are bc they are good how good idk we will see Friday night #1 passing qb by yards in the state with 3700+ on the season and a defense that I hear is pretty good against the run not so much against the pass it' going to be great weather and good atmosphere

why would you think acr does not have 23.5 sacks on the season? they have close to that in their 2 playoff games

well in my opinion its the 3rd round rite? i dont think theyre any weak teams still playing.im sure s iredell has earned their way to this point just as we have.im looking forward to a great game friday night. sounds like both teams are going to be throwing a lot.our qb might not have the big numbers that s iredells does but he is verry good. and i expect our running game to be just as efficient as it normaly is.we have a big physical offensive line.last week our defense played lights out. we expect the same friday nite.acr 35 s. iredell 17 go green

A lot of talk about how good SI is, can someone tell me how they lose to a bad mooresville team?

Correct early in the season still had injuries in key positions completely different team ask a.l. brown was favored by 3 could have easily won by 30+ but they called the dogs off

Oh I’m not questioning you teams ability, I know they are good! Hoping we can stay with them and have a chance in the 4th.

Lol dude you're not playing in Denver. There is a 1,000 foot elevation change between the two high schools

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT