ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds vs Owen

I think this game will show a lot about both teams. If Reynolds comes out and wins handily then they possibly are once again the premier team in the mountains. If Owen is able to make this a close game or pull off an upset, then they have gotten back into the daily conversation on the mountain football message boards. This would be a good game to watch for sure.

ACR is very athletic and will score. We are big and have some athletes and will score. ACR has more athletes and I think Owen will be better up front. I think it will be a 10 point game. I hope Owen can pull it off. Dont sell ACR short. I went to the Shelby-Acr game and Shelby is top 3 or 4 all classifications state wide. ACR has played the defending 4a state champs and defending 2aa state champs. I think people can understand why Owen hasn't won state though now because we have been knocked out of the playoffs atleast 5 or 6 times by Shelby that I can remember. They have 70 players on the sidelines. They are loaded year in and year out

This is as close to an even playing field that Owen has had in a long time. Even so, a blowout loss wouldn't be the end of their season. However, an upset victory could very well make their season.

Reactions: Rocketman101
I'm glad that Owen seems to be turning things around a little bit. But, AC Reynolds goes and gets beat by 2 of the top 5 schools in the state of N.C. 1A-4A and you're acting like Owen might just be able to upset them this year. Lol. I'm sorry but not gonna happen fellas. AC Reynolds by 28 or more.

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
AC Reynolds wins big from a Shelby fan. Repercussion from AC will have Owens fan wondering what happen. I though AC wasn't good. AC will be ready. Coach Law is the best.

Based on what I’ve seen on film, Owen is much improved this year and have some quality skill players. What I didn’t see was the speed factor that we faced the past two games. This isn’t a slight of Owen, it’s just that EF and Shelby are on another level and literally can score on any play from anywhere. I think this week ACR will see a slower game and will actually have the speed factor in their favor. I don’t think ACR will take this one lightly and will be prepared to spread the ball around and allow our playmakers to make plays.

Reactions: Heritage 84
I look for ACR to be a little angry this week. Shelby made them look bad last week. I hope that works out in ACR’s favor.

I am not sure Owen can defend all over the field like they will need to do. I guess we will find out.

ACR by 20

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I'm no expert but in observing the ACR-Shelby game and knowing what I know about Owen.......I think Owen will have their hands full with Mosley, Jackson and Patterson. They are all athletic and pretty fast. I also noticed that ACR will have trouble with our O and D lines. I also feel the ACR QB doesnt make very good decisions with the ball. If we get pressure on him which I believe we will...I dont think he handles it well. I think our power game will pose problems for ACR and we are not slow. Maybe not as fast as ACR but I dont think that will be the difference. I may be wrong but that's how I see it. I also noticed ACR'S kicking game is not as strong as usual. Lately we have had to start at the 20 everytime. I dont think that's the case this year. I'm going with the upset Owen 38-34

You may be right, Owen may win, but I can’t imagine they would score more on us than East Forsyth. I also don’t believe Owen will have better O-line and D-lines compared to what we have faced already. I have seen Owen on film and they are much improved but they are not as good as EF or Shelby in ANY aspect.

I’m curious who did Owen scrimmage? I never heard anything about their scrimmages. And for the record I don’t think it will be a blowout like past years, I do think it will be a battle and we pull away in second half.

We scrimmaged Mcdowell....we have to start strong because depth will be an issue and we will tire. We will have kids that will play 80 snaps where ACR will have nobody that plays more than 40. Shelby didnt beat you on the line. They beat you with speed. If we start strong and get a couple breaks, force turnovers etc, we have shot. I think in order to beat ACR we have to put up some points thus the prediction. It could be a 24-20 type game just as easy. I will take whatever, if we can win. 2-0 would be just fine with me.

ACR had some opening vs Shelby but the pursuit of Shelby is ridiculous. They make plays that would go for 70 yards vs the average team turn into 3 yard gains.

That was the best Shelby team we have faced over the past 7 years we have played them. Just crazy the speed and skill players they had.

No doubt. They are crazy fast. I sat on the Shelby side first half and their fans kept saying Reynolds is slow. I was thinking, no yall are just ridiculously fast. Fastest overall team speed I have ever seen.

I didnt think ACR was slow...i for one thought they had good speed ..Patterson was good as advertised.
Coach Wilbanks said the D had to adjust in 1st half
That we gave up to much but after half we did much better and held AC scoreless.
I will go out on limb and say i belive this is one of best Shelby teams in last 10 yrs...next few weeks will be test

I didnt think ACR was slow...i for one thought they had good speed ..Patterson was good as advertised.
Coach Wilbanks said the D had to adjust in 1st half
That we gave up to much but after half we did much better and held AC scoreless.
I will go out on limb and say i belive this is one of best Shelby teams in last 10 yrs...next few weeks will be test
Best in the last 10 years ...... my god that’s saying ALOT !!!!!

Lol. Funny im 83 grad. And watching Shelby since 79....seen alot of FB over the year....only 1 year under 500 since early 80s i belive...
Theres been some great talent....the Pryor kid at Burns his Daddy Wesley was great running back at Shelby....been hell of a run!

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Any team that puts over 50 on the board against AC Reynolds has to be special.Even in a down year for the Rockets they still don't get beat that bad to anyone..

I can't wait until Friday night.

Shelby beat us in almost every phase of the game. Not just one phase. Maybe we won the special teams. :)

I hope our guys have learned some things from the last two weeks. I hope we have matured in spots that we needed some experience. We played two outstanding teams and we took our lumps like I thought we might. If our guys can take the good things and build on them while learning from our mistakes then we will be fine. I look for ACR to come out a little angry and wanting to prove something to the doubters and to themselves.

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
― Maya Angelou

Last edited:
It looked like times ACR might get the corner and the speed of Shelby took it away

Always been a fan of the Rockets system, kids and coaching.... Always a good measuring stick to see where your team is.. they will be hard to deal with before this year is over bet on that

Always enjoyed seeing the Warhorses too, always hard nosed tough kids, power football.. while we usually got the better of them they were always a tough bunch...

Best of luck friday to both...

Reactions: GG4BAMA
It looked like times ACR might get the corner and the speed of Shelby took it away

Shelby will do that to most any team they face. I don't know how to say this without coming off as a jerk but .... Owen ain't Shelby. I'm not trying to slight Owen but that is the truth and I don't think anyone would dispute that. From what I have seen on film, ACR has a sizable speed advantage. Owen is bigger up front for sure. This looks like a matchup of size vs. speed. I've always heard speed kills. I guess we'll find out on Friday. Hopefully both teams can avoid the injury bug.

That's what I think. Your speed vs our size. I know we are not Shelby. No where near. I hope both teams will stay healthy so they can maximize their seasons. Good luck except on the scoreboard lol

i hope its an injury free game too guys.it would be nice to see a close game tomorrow night.im going with our rockets tho 38 to 7 good luck to the owen team tomorrow nite and the rest of the way. go big green

giphy.gif

ACR dominating both sides of the ball. Owens best play was a busted play for 66 yds. Other than that they haven’t been able to do much.

#5. Take him away and you got nothing O. Good thing you have him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT