ADVERTISEMENT

64 smallest schools

You got a link?
i do not, this came from athletic director that put them in order after it got sent out. ive got he spreadsheet its way to big to post all of it. this is the next 64 which should cover all of the 1a schools we have now
Voyager Academy 416
Southside 417
Cherokee 420
Alleghany 422
Northampton County 422
Langtree Charter 424
KIPP Pride 426
Riverside-Martin 440
Bradford Preparatory 447
Elkin 453
Union 455
Bishop McGuinness 456
Rosewood 459
Corvian 461
Pamlico County 463
Bertie 464
Lakewood 474
Gates County Senior 475
Hobbton 479
Murphy 485
Cherryville 488
Mitchell 497
Tarboro 502
Albemarle 511
Franklin Academy 513
Perquimans County 514
Highland School of Technology 516
East Wilkes 530
South Stanly 531
East Bladen 537
Mountain Island Charter 543
East Carteret 544
Community School of Davidson 553
Queen's Grant 554
Bessemer City 557
Swain County 558
Warren County 562
Raleigh Charter 563
North Rowan 572
Research Triangle 572
Louisburg 573
Manteo 575
Polk County 575
Mount Airy 577
Piedmont Community Charter 577
Webb, J.F. 585
Union Academy 587
Holmes, John A. 589
North Moore 589
East Surry 591
South Stokes 592
Camden County 593
Avery County 607
Eastern Randolph 620
Granville Central 622
Mountain Heritage 623
Thomasville 624
Pasquotank County 627
Princeton 628
Providence Grove 638
Starmount 645
Ayden-Grifton 652
Madison 657
Trinity 657

Do you know Draughn enrollment?

These don't seem correct.

Elkin at 450?
How did they gain 100 kids? Some of these seem suspect.

Charters need to be in their own division away from regular public schools. But I know the state will never do that as they love them.

Do you know Draughn enrollment?

These don't seem correct.

Elkin at 450?
How did they gain 100 kids? Some of these seem suspect.
draughn 711. I do not know the answer as to how they gained kids but these are the correct numbers from the state. im just sharing information so people have the correct numbers to discuss

Charters need to be in their own division away from regular public schools. But I know the state will never do that as they love them
i agree, but thats not happening. not even worth talking about anymore

But... Then Reidsville and alot of big schools will become 1a.
They could still split football playoffs into big and little A. Schools less than 30 minutes apart with like size enrollment should be in conference together. Thomasville is 1A and Trinity is 2A with what 20-25 kids difference and it is literally 10 minutes from either school to the other.

Elkin has a Global Learning Academy that opened during Covid and has grown since. I wonder if that's added that many secondary kids to their ADMs.

If these numbers are right. And that's a big if. Then Robbinsville is middle of the pack enrollment wise. Hope we can compete. 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: Mbulld
If these numbers are right. And that's a big if. Then Robbinsville is middle of the pack enrollment wise. Hope we can compete. 🤞
if you dont think they are correct by all means call your school ask to speak to the ad and get the numbers and you put them in order, if you can do that and thats a big if. lol (see what i did there), but seriously i know they are correct i watched the ad do it. but to each their own

I see why now Polk county won their appeal to go back to 1A. In the 2019-2020 adm which they used for the current alignment Polk was 614 the same as Mtn Heritage but now they're 575 while Mtn Heritage 623 so I guess the higher cup points doesn't raise them to 2A anymore.

if you dont think they are correct by all means call your school ask to speak to the ad and get the numbers and you put them in order, if you can do that and thats a big if. lol (see what i did there), but seriously i know they are correct i watched the ad do it. but to each their own
Ok I believe you now.
You can't believe everything on here. A guy from Eastern Randolph said they have 580 I think. He is a coach I think. He said he would know. Some from tarboro said 480.
I got to see it to believe it and even then I'm not 100% sure.

Ok I believe you now.
You can't believe everything on here. A guy from Eastern Randolph said they have 580 I think. He is a coach I think. He said he would know. Some from tarboro said 480.
I got to see it to believe it and even then I'm not 100% sure.
One answer could be the difference between ADM and enrollment.
If you Google right now a school say Mitchell websites like public school review has their enrollment 487 while the ADM is 497 the same with Tarboro enrollment 481 ADM 502 and Eastern Randolph's own website states an enrollment of 575 the ADM 620.
So I don't think anyone was trying to be dishonest until they post the ADM numbers these sites is all you can find. This is off the DPI.NC .gov website.....

"ADM is a more accurate count of the number of students in school than enrollment."

"Initial Enrollment: The term initial enrollment represents the number of pupils registered in the state's public schools. Once a pupil is initially counted in the enrollment figure, they remain in that count throughout the school year. Students transferring to the North Carolina public school system from another state or from non-public schools are added to initial enrollment. Initial enrollment is not reduced by transfers, withdrawals, deaths, or midyear graduations. The end of the year initial enrollment thus shows a higher count than the actual number of students in school. Final initial enrollment, therefore, should not be compared to first month initial enrollment."

Reactions: thekidd12
draughn 711. I do not know the answer as to how they gained kids but these are the correct numbers from the state. im just sharing information so people have the correct numbers to discuss
It was bad enough losing to Draughn with a open county enrollment with the number just a few weeks ago being 631. Then finding out they had just dropped from 2A the year before. Now the official enrollment is 711 !!!!! How in the world did NCHSAA think they needed to be dropped down to 1A

Reactions: BK13T-$
It was bad enough losing to Draughn with a open county enrollment with the number just a few weeks ago being 631. Then finding out they had just dropped from 2A the year before. Now the official enrollment is 711 !!!!! How in the world did NCHSAA think they needed to be dropped down to 1A
Well as I said before they were 630 at the the realignment which unless from appeals doesn't change during the four years otherwise you'd have to do a realignment about every year and appeals don't usually come from schools wanting to move up but ones that want to move down.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Just a random thought. Seeing two teams in the 1A championship referring to small town football which I guess technically they are small towns but to us living in counties with populations of 3,254 (Tyrrell County) to 14,963 (Mitchell) that towns with populations of 10,611 & 10,721 doesn't seems small of course I guess our towns technically aren't even towns but villages.🙃

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Just a random thought. Seeing two teams in the 1A championship referring to small town football which I guess technically they are small towns but to us living in counties with populations of 3,254 (Tyrrell County) to 14,963 (Mitchell) that towns with populations of 10,611 & 10,721 doesn't seems small of course I guess our towns technically aren't even towns but villages.🙃
Spot on ! When I went to the Andy Griffith museum and took in all the sights at Mount Airy one of the first things I thought of was how is MA a 1A with the size and population they have.

Spot on ! When I went to the Andy Griffith museum and took in all the sights at Mount Airy one of the first things I thought of was how is MA a 1A with the size and population they have.
Well kinda two different things I can see why both are 1A being a city schools and their ADM's but obviously if each county Surry with 71,152 and Edgecombe with 48,359 wouldn't be 1A.
But if you think about it everyone has jumped on Draughn another city school or town school 4,672 population calling them a all county school but outside of being in a bigger county 87,611 nearly double Surry has no more possible advantages than the other two.

Those towns have more ppl than our whole county. 😂
And Graham county is double the size on Tyrrell County. Honestly I didn't realize there was a county that small in population.
This is the list of county populations.
Some could be a little larger or smaller the list is from 2021 but unless you look up the county itself list like this is usually a year behind....

With the next realignment hopefully schools will be playing schools with similar numbers
That’s all the smaller schools have wanted all along
Take away all the advantages some schools use to lower their numbers and line up and play football like it was in the old days

They are definitely not like schools in the far west. It's 30 minutes to Andrews from Robbinsville and 35 to Swain.

Took my post wrong way. Was meant for you know who. They can't compete so got to complain about the size of schools. Oh wait they should have beat ER.
Naw I got yours correct sir…
I know who it was intended for…
Still don’t know why he has such a problem with anything not mountain related…
Funniest thing ever to me on here was when he called me “city”…
Chute got a kick out of that one 👍

Explain how Robbinsville can't compete.
The last two year playing the big schools and we was 3 points from beating #1 seed and going to 4th round this year and was in the western finals last year. Takes a couple of morons to say that's not competing. 😳
Here's your signs. One for Cooter and one for Goober!

And that's with 345 kids.

• Haha
Reactions: Jmappfan5
Explain how Robbinsville can't compete.
The last two year playing the big schools and we was 3 points from beating #1 seed and going to 4th round this year and was in the western finals last year. Takes a couple of morons to say that's not competing. 😳
Here's your signs. One for Cooter and one for Goober!

And that's with 345 kids.
You sir continuously amaze me with your sensitivity about size. Funny thing is whenever your teenagers beat Asheville or in that fantasy you keep imagining where they advanced to fourth round, you are so proud of how few students you have. Only time it’s a disadvantage being small is when your teenagers lose a game.
Oh and not sure if I’m Cooter or Goober but I am pretty sure that calling anyone a moron is both politically incorrect and not a very smart move when referring to me…
Good luck with those windmills Sancho…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT