ADVERTISEMENT

6-0 Tarboro vs 3-4 Martin County

Tarboro definitely should be playing 2A just for the sake of football. But they are who the numbers say they are, so it is what it is. Would be some nice games and a harder road in the playoffs, but it's not like they did so bad when they WERE 2A. Didn't get there every year, but 4 straight championship appearances ain't too bad. And it's not like they aren't winning the games they play now vs 2A and 3A teams. But there's absolutely nothing for them in 1A right now, especially in the east.
My man! Haha it was five straight though ;)
08-12

Wilson Prep this program can get players from anywhere.
Ah yes....prep schools. Wilson Prep has already demonstrated the unfairness when it comes to prep and charter schools. In 2 years of football, they are 15-4 so far. Hell, in 6 years of school existence, the basketball team has made it to the Eastern finals twice, and won the 1A basketball championship last year. But I'm not gonna say too much because my old classmate coaches the basketball team. But I firmly believe that prep and charter schools should have their own divisions.

Reactions: Doppleganger#
On another note. SWE & NE will be getting a ton of kids next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if SWE moves up to 3A next season

Ah yes....prep schools. Wilson Prep has already demonstrated the unfairness when it comes to prep and charter schools. In 2 years of football, they are 15-4 so far. Hell, in 6 years of school existence, the basketball team has made it to the Eastern finals twice, and won the 1A basketball championship last year. But I'm not gonna say too much because my old classmate coaches the basketball team. But I firmly believe that prep and charter schools should have their own divisions.
I can’t attest to basketball, but Wilson Prep is still an ordinary 1A football team. They are in a miserably bad conference and their out-of-conference schedule has been weak also. I think Bertie could whip them. I watched Perquimans beat them in the first round last year. I think it goes without saying that even with an incredibly lucky draw, they can go no further than being blown out in an Eastern Final.

On another note. SWE & NE will be getting a ton of kids next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if SWE moves up to 3A next season
How is North Edgecombe get a ton of kids all of sudden? Are they building new subdivison homes or what? I am not that familiar with Edgecombe County

On another note. SWE & NE will be getting a ton of kids next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if SWE moves up to 3A next seaso

How is North Edgecombe get a ton of kids all of sudden? Are they building new subdivison homes or what? I am not that familiar with Edgecombe County
The city of Rocky Mount straddles the Edgecombe and Nash County line. A lot of kids that attend Nash County schools Rocky Mount and Nash Central actually live in Edgecombe County side of Rocky Mount. A lot of this and that allowed that. But the borders with be followed starting next year, so those students will rightfully become Edgecombe County students, and will attend North Edgecombe and SW Edgecombe. And it's not a small number of students either.

I can’t attest to basketball, but Wilson Prep is still an ordinary 1A football team. They are in a miserably bad conference and their out-of-conference schedule has been weak also. I think Bertie could whip them. I watched Perquimans beat them in the first round last year. I think it goes without saying that even with an incredibly lucky draw, they can go no further than being blown out in an Eastern Final.
Perhaps you're right. I was speaking on the fact that even playing in a poor conference, it's odd to just come out and win so many games as a new school. I don't think that any regular school that has true residency restrictions would be 15-4 in their first 19 games ever.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
The city of Rocky Mount straddles the Edgecombe and Nash County line. A lot of kids that attend Nash County schools Rocky Mount and Nash Central actually live in Edgecombe County side of Rocky Mount. A lot of this and that allowed that. But the borders with be followed starting next year, so those students will rightfully become Edgecombe County students, and will attend North Edgecombe and SW Edgecombe. And it's not a small number of students either.
Wow! That will help North Edgecombe numbers.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Perhaps you're right. I was speaking on the fact that even playing in a poor conference, it's odd to just come out and win so many games as a new school. I don't think that any regular school that has true residency restrictions would be 15-4 in their first 19 games ever.
My kids go to WPA, but even with them allowed to take students anywhere in the county, I can’t see the advantage of playing football at WPA if you are zoned for Hunt or Fike. You could probably lure a few basketball players that way, but football requires a bit more than just a couple of athletes to win.

I didn’t know that had gone down. I remember back in the day, there were four school systems. Tarboro City Schools, Rocky Mount City Schools, Edgecombe Co Schools and Nash County Schools. Tarboro merged with ECS and RM merged with NCS, but there was an issue with Edgecombe citizens in Rocky Mount being provided education by Nash County taxpayers. Interesting link here explaining all that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT