ADVERTISEMENT

5 fridays until kickoff!!!

I mean laugh all you want if you want to ignore reality. I guess that's what you do when you don't know any better.

your reality when it comes to covid is laughable. I know I’m not a dr or a scientist, but I also can recognize bs when I see/hear it. This is a virus you don’t stop viruses by locking everyone up. You don’t stop it by wearing a mask and before you go there I wear mine. You don’t stop a virus that lives on surfaces by staying away from people.
You don’t stop a virus by shutting down restaurants an hour earlier or all together when Walmart is still open. If our ancestors thought like a lot of citizens today we’d still be British subjects. Y’all believe every line a biased media feeds you.

If you talk to drs they’re at best 50/50 on whether any of these precautions make a difference at all. But y’all prefer cnn then get on here and pronounce y’all selves drs and scientists??? The real drs and scientists don’t even know if any of this works and the hypocrisy in playing basketball with masks on is unbelievable. the hypocrisy of limiting attendance to one parent in a gym that seats thousands is stupid.
Y’all throw common sense out the window. Temperature checks do matter. There’s a reason they send kids with a fever home, it’s because your greatest chance of catching a virus is when someone is running a fever. But honestly your not going to stop it period. It’s going to run it’s course. Let’s not rob our kids by teaching them to be cowards.

Let's just teach them selfishness and that the lives of others matter more than theirs. Let's go back full bore without vaccinating teachers or paying them more for the risk they endure. Then when teachers in their 30s and 40s start dying let us tell their children how much of a hero they are for being forced to risk their lives for $45,000 a year.

Over 400,000 dead with restrictions. Where do you think we would be without restrictions? Did we not learn anything from the 1918 pandemic?

Seriously get off the CNN bullcrap. I read more in a year than you'll ever read in a lifetime. I don't need tv news or Faux News and Newsfarce to tell me which conspiracy to be angry at.

Last edited:
Has anybody noticed the Covid tracker thing isn’t shown on some networks now. They used to show it all the time 24/7.

NCDHHS releases information everyday. Why do we need a major news station to run a constant tracker? Don't fish for some conspiracy.

Let's just teach them selfishness and that the lives of others matter more than theirs. Let's go back full bore without vaccinating teachers or paying them more for the risk they endure. Then when teachers in their 30s and 40s start dying let us tell their children how much of a hero they are for being forced to risk their lives for $45,000 a year.

Over 400,000 dead with restrictions. Where do you think we would be without restrictions? Did we not learn anything from the 1918 pandemic?

Seriously get off the CNN bullcrap. I read more in a year than you'll ever read in a lifetime. I don't need tv news or Faux News and Newsfarce to tell me which conspiracy to be angry at.

I’d say I’m pretty well read idk. I certainly don’t watch any 24-7 news but it does seem interesting they removed the awful covid numbers. Teachers dying? Common man lol. You think those teachers haven’t been out since covid? They’re going on vacations, going to stores, to sporting events in other states. They’re getting paid to stay at home while the rest of us work and home school our kids. Common man lol. You honestly think healthy 30-40 year old teachers with no other health problems are going to die. What makes teachers more privileged than nurses or anyone else?
They’re making 45k plus retirement, plus insurance for life, plus the whole dang summer off. They have a 6 hour work day unless they coach a sport. Most of us that work 10-14 hours a day would take that job.

NCDHHS releases information everyday. Why do we need a major news station to run a constant tracker? Don't fish for some conspiracy.
I didn’t say anything about the NCDHHS. Don’t care one bit about the NCDHHS. Just thought it was interesting that some networks stopped showing the 24/7 COVID tracker. The NCPREPS has you to be the constant COVID tracker during the upcoming season.

I’d say I’m pretty well read idk. I certainly don’t watch any 24-7 news but it does seem interesting they removed the awful covid numbers. Teachers dying? Common man lol. You think those teachers haven’t been out since covid? They’re going on vacations, going to stores, to sporting events in other states. They’re getting paid to stay at home while the rest of us work and home school our kids. Common man lol. You honestly think healthy 30-40 year old teachers with no other health problems are going to die. What makes teachers more privileged than nurses or anyone else?
They’re making 45k plus retirement, plus insurance for life, plus the whole dang summer off. They have a 6 hour work day unless they coach a sport. Most of us that work 10-14 hours a day would take that job.

Not in NC anymore if you're a new teacher. Those benefits are gone which will create an even worse Teacher shortage than we have. Th3 ones going on vacations and such are the minority. Don't let the minority dictate the majority. With that said go find a teacher that works just 6 hours a day and let me know. My taught for 34 years. She left the house at 7 am and got home most days around 6 only to work a few more hours from home. She spent days in her summer completing PD.

As far as teachers dying it doesn't matter if they have a health condition. Go tell the kids of the teacher in her 30s from Ashe that died. People in their 30s and 40s shouldn't be dying and there have been plenty that have so far.

Teachers are one of the most disrespected careers. Don't fall for the hatefulness polticians demonstrate toward our teachers.

At the days end you can't have high school football with the men and women doing the work in the classroom.

Most of my heroes are teachers. I’m just pointing out that profession has changed. You don’t see the same dedication you described and maybe it’s because of the disrespect. But in this situation are teachers more valuable than healthcare workers, gas station attendants, Walmart stockers, construction workers, resort management workers, electricians, plumbers, and police officers? There’s more kids dying from child abuse and neglect, more kids going hungry than teachers dying due to Covid-19 policies. Ask your wife how many kids depended on her to look out for their basic needs.

Most of my heroes are teachers. I’m just pointing out that profession has changed. You don’t see the same dedication you described and maybe it’s because of the disrespect. But in this situation are teachers more valuable than healthcare workers, gas station attendants, Walmart stockers, construction workers, resort management workers, electricians, plumbers, and police officers? There’s more kids dying from child abuse and neglect, more kids going hungry than teachers dying due to Covid-19 policies. Ask your wife how many kids depended on her to look out for their basic needs.

That dedication is still there from many teachers. If you're going to force them into the classroom during this time and use child abuse, neglect, and providing basic needs as part of the reasoning then yes they are just as important as the other mentioned professions.

In fact as a whole we have to stop this downplaying the significance of one job over another.

All this child abuse and hunger has been an issue for years and teachers speak out against it. Many people do yet it falls on deaf ears. Always has. What does it say about our country if schools have to be open to feed kids? Is that a great country?

We have serious reform that needs to happen. Covid has openly exposed many of the issues we face and something has to be done.

Well democrats controlled the state for decades upon decades would you say they helped create these issues? Because up till recently you had to be a democrat to even get a sniff at a state job.

Toward the end? Sure. But at one point NC was one of the best states for education in the nation. Now we have a group of Republicans trying to destroy it to push for privatization. If you and many more on here would dig into what Phil Berger does to education and who he takes money from, you would be disgusted.

With that said, wages have become stagnant in this country. Especially for teachers in NC. They haven't been adjusted for inflation. We expect people to work for the same money from 1998 but pay $5 more for a cheeseburger combo.

No. I grew up in nc last 50 years we haven’t been tops in education at high school level. I do agree that the direction we are currently going is horrible for public education mainly due to adm numbers and reallocated lotto funding

The lottery funds have never really been for education. They simply go to new brick and morter for schools. And you can't get an answer when you want to know where the rest goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
Seriously lottery funds that go to education are only used for new buildings. I forgot scholarships as well. But a school can't use lottety funds to pay for lunches or other programs. Why not use the lottery to feed kids? Why not use it to pay for more social workers, nurses, counselors, etc?

North Carolina has also not had a state budget for 2 years because of partisan pettiness between the NCGA and Cooper.

Seriously lottery funds that go to education are only used for new buildings. I forgot scholarships as well. But a school can't use lottety funds to pay for lunches or other programs. Why not use the lottery to feed kids? Why not use it to pay for more social workers, nurses, counselors, etc?

North Carolina has also not had a state budget for 2 years because of partisan pettiness between the NCGA and Cooper.

well when government gridlocks smart people make money.

• Sad
Reactions: donkeydan71
Explain how I started it
explaining-memes-to-your-friends_o_258566.gif

Explain how I started it

you flew to China with bill gates on your g6 got out ate a couple bats and a gerbil. You sneezed on some Asian chickens who were bit by some bats. Then bill gates and all these expert scientists you’re buddies with, engineered this thing and brought it to Ashe county via New York peddle cars. You released it on us to give us the new term stay away from people aka social distancing. Then you got with jimmy hoffa and Elvis started the wait, wear and wash rock.

Then you called up Argentina and Venezuela and got these new fangled voting apparatuses. Rigged them suckers and got a lot of angry inner city folks to say they’s scared of voting in person. Then you got those same scared folks to work the polls and miraculously find 100s of thousands of ballots that were only marked for one candidate.

Then when those of us who went to vote in person questioned it you claimed election were always fair and square. Funny, I remember my ol grandpappy paying folks to vote a certain way, but you are the thunderbolt.

I heard you then left this bat hell you created to start a shrimping business. ThunderGump.

I was joking dude everyone knows Biden’s son started this. 😉

Last edited:
Cooper said the issues for some children extend beyond the classroom, noting that they provide everything from reliable meals to socialization. He also said schools can become a safety net for those vulnerable children.
“Teachers have the chance to identify abuse, hunger and homelessness,” he said.
Cooper said the key component to reopening schools is ensuring safety protocols are strictly followed to further minimize the spread of the virus.

well elections are over back to school with same logic some of us have been saying all along

I'm just curious what benefit you think Cooper gained in the election? If anything Covid hurt him.

If anything he waited until scientific evidence came out to support putting students back in the building.

You know what's funny is NC used the same mail on ballot procedures they have for years.

And those same mail in ballots nominated an absolute moron for Lt. Governor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT