ADVERTISEMENT

5 fridays until kickoff!!!

How is he misinformed?

Btw Georgia and South Carolina have a much higher death rate than NC does. How do we know that those packed stadiums in Georgia didn't lead to an uncalled for death? All it takes is one ahole to sit in a crowd, get Covid, not know it then spread it to some poor lady in Publix when he walks in without a mask.

That is why we can't have large capacities!

Why do you believe everyone on here does not wear a mask in public??? I do it out of respect for others, but it has not helped the tampered numbers at all. All your side does is talk about the doom and gloom with no real solutions or hope for our people. I still find it so amazing how the Flu and other viruses took a vacation this year!!! Maybe Covid killed them too!!!

Reactions: UNC91 and sbbbfan
I haven't said anyone on here doesn't wear a mask but all it takes is a quick trip to Wal-Mart to see how many aren't.

If you'd pay attention you would know that wearing a mask and increase in sanitation has helped keep the flu down. The flu is not even close to as dangerous or contagious as Covid but at one time it killed millions.

Not everything is black and white, and sometimes reality is dark and sucks.

I haven't said anyone on here doesn't wear a mask but all it takes is a quick trip to Wal-Mart to see how many aren't.

If you'd pay attention you would know that wearing a mask and increase in sanitation has helped keep the flu down. The flu is not even close to as dangerous or contagious as Covid but at one time it killed millions.

Not everything is black and white, and sometimes reality is dark and sucks.
I should have known the response to my previous comment. Place fear in peoples hearts even though we have no answers or proven data right? That seems like a great plan, you took it straight from CNN who wants clicks and views. If this was just about a virus and not about political power you might see more people take it to heart. A good bit of the country has zero faith in a honest system and that is and will be a real problem very soon!!! Do we now need to wear mask forever to protect against the flu???

Funny "All American" didnt mention all the suicides from the lock down. Playing ball and having school saves some lives. Look it up.
Science right.
Any time covid death are mentioned lockdown suicides should be mentioned or your being disingenuous.

Reactions: UNC91 and Mhsneer
IDIOT, MORON, COMMUNIST AND MISINFORMED I feel better now!!! PLAY BALL AND GO TO SCHOOL!!!

Pathetic response. Not surprised with all that you geniuses have stated. And then you question why things are screwed up. Football board, football thread, showing you coaches have passed. Your dumb @$$ response displays the daggum reason we’re stuck with +400,000 dead. Idiot!

I know. I know CNN didnt mention suicides from lockdowns. It doesnt fit the gloom and doom narrative.

Reactions: UNC91
Funny "All American" didnt mention all the suicides from the lock down. Playing ball and having school saves some lives. Look it up.
Science right.
Any time covid death are mentioned lockdown suicides should be mentioned or your being disingenuous.

Your former President mentioned an uptick in suicide and drug use and you regurgitate it. Go read, the Washington Post article you all use states 1) suicidal thoughts have increased during Covid, and 2) are response to these thoughts suck. Where was your concern over suicide over the last ten years as the number increased dramatically each year? It’s a false argument used to downplay actions taken to combat Covid. Provide the supporting data, you will not find it. It actually sucks that that’s your “gotcha.” In addition, we are not locked down.

Football is a game. I have kids who’ve lost family members. Mom, dad, grandparents, those guys are hurt. You care about them? Or you just want a form of cheap entertainment at their expense? Y’all have downplayed this thing for a year and wonder why we may not have a season? Get real! It’ll be over by Easter, only 15 people, gone by summer, only 1000 deaths, 10,000, 50,000, 100,000, 200,000, 300,000, 400,000+, but it doesn’t matter as long as you can get a sundrop and hot dog at the game, right?

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I should have known the response to my previous comment. Place fear in peoples hearts even though we have no answers or proven data right? That seems like a great plan, you took it straight from CNN who wants clicks and views. If this was just about a virus and not about political power you might see more people take it to heart. A good bit of the country has zero faith in a honest system and that is and will be a real problem very soon!!! Do we now need to wear mask forever to protect against the flu???

A good bit of the country has bought into conspiracies and Qanon bs. That good bit has been played. It's freaking sad.

What did I post directly from CNN?

The only people that think it's about political power when literally every country is going through the same thing are the one's that don't have enough sense to get in out of the rain. But hey, it was supposed to disappear after the election right?

I know. I know CNN didnt mention suicides from lockdowns. It doesnt fit the gloom and doom narrative.

We've have a suicide issue for years. We have had a mental health issue for years. We've been trying to tell leaders that for years. Now all of a sudden some act like they care so they can use it against Covid.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
TSSAA 🤔 odd you didn’t mention the coaches who passed away from Covid during the season. Tennessee is one of the worst states to live in with Covid...but science, am I right? SMH,

Said something about it 2 months ago. His brother passed away from Covid to that helped coached. Coalfield was a game away from going to a state championship and had a great year. Guess what they could of got Covid without a season and passed away and never got to have a season with their players and experience the season they had. Did the Siegel teacher coach football. Unless this NPR article is wrong it looks like NC is doing worst.

"The COVID-19 shutdown will cost Americans millions of years of life | TheHill" https://thehill.com/opinion/healthc...-cost-americans-millions-of-years-of-life?amp

Why don't you call Phil Berger and tell him to get off his sorry rear and pass a budget with a focus on mental health in our schools if you're that worried about it. This is the perfect time to have dialogue about the mistreatment of mental health.

Our leaders will ignore it though and leave counselors, psychologist, and nurses stretched thin across multiple schools.

Last edited:
How is he misinformed?

Btw Georgia and South Carolina have a much higher death rate than NC does. How do we know that those packed stadiums in Georgia didn't lead to an uncalled for death? All it takes is one ahole to sit in a crowd, get Covid, not know it then spread it to some poor lady in Publix when he walks in without a mask.

That is why we can't have large capacities!
Actually the death rates per case are very similar between NC, GA and Sc.

Nc is 1.2%,Sc is 1.5% and Ga is 1.8%...whereas say Michigan and New York are at 2.5%..and obviously NY is likely way higher . Also Tennessee's is around 1.3%

We've tried fear mongering, we've tried lockdowns, we've tried hiding. I say we open up with very limited restrictions.
Safe our children.
What would you do differently, and what restrictions would you suggest?

Temp check.
Food server's wear mask.
6ft distance between ppl at sporting event anywhere really.
I'd even wear a mask at events. I already do once a week at ingles and every time I go into lowes. I also use hand sanitizer every time I go in anyplace.

Temp check.
Food server's wear mask.
I'd even wear a mask at events. I already do once a week at ingles and every time I go into lowes. I also use hand sanitizer every time I go in anyplace.
Temperature checks at athletic events? Other places?
How would you handle the 50-70% of positives with no symptoms, including fever?
Would you change any other restrictions in daily life?
I’m asking because I really am interested in your opinion. Overall, I strongly support the current North Carolina policies. But I would do some things differently.
For instance, I wouldn’t have a 100 fan limit outside, but would do a percentage. 100 isn’t enough for most football stadiums, but is probably too many for a lot of high school baseball bleachers.
On the other hand, I think there should be more enforcement on restaurants that are ignoring capacity, social distancing, employees not wearing masks, communal condiments, etc.. I do a lot of takeout. But the restaurants where employees aren’t wearing masks will never again get my business.
Interested in your thoughts.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Temp check.
Food server's wear mask.

BK while you are following these protocols many aren't and those are the ones that are ruining it for everyone. I appreciate that you are doing these.

I know we have some differences but you're a good man.

Reactions: BK13T-$
As long as ppl are 6plus ft apart the other stuff shouldnt matter.

Percentage of seating is the way to go.
25% at Big Oaks would be around 600 fans.

No ticket lines. Pre sale only.

Temperature checks are a joke.
They can be helpful in rare instances. For the person who is symptomatic, but either doesn’t care or thinks it’s something else that is causing the fever. But I agree and it can also give a false sense of security.

Here’s an example. The High Point furniture market in October was at about thirty percent of normal traffic. You had to wear a mask to enter the building, and anyone with a temperature over 99 was turned away. Hospital personnel doing the temperature checks. There probably wasn’t consistent enforcement of masking in every showroom, though there was in mine. But in an adjacent showroom, nine of thirty sales reps later tested positive, and two died. We were there all day for eleven days, so it’s highly likely they caught it in the showroom. So somebody was positive without a fever.

Aren't you the one that's always screaming to follow the science and now the science isn't strict enough?

Temperature checks are nothing more than a false sense of security imo. Plus who doesn't feel like crap when their fever is 100.4? I think the biggest reason for temp checks in schools is to keep parents from sending kids that are sick.

Pathetic response. Not surprised with all that you geniuses have stated. And then you question why things are screwed up. Football board, football thread, showing you coaches have passed. Your dumb @$$ response displays the daggum reason we’re stuck with +400,000 dead. Idiot!
You are a media driven moron, lets quit life and enjoy it!!!

Well I guess trying it bks way is wrong but the way we’re doing it isn’t helping anything. Why not do what Tennessee is doing there’s no difference in the numbers

Reactions: UNC91 and sbbbfan
Tenneesee and NC both have about the same number of deaths but NC has almost 4 million more people so the numbers aren't the same.

I mean laugh all you want if you want to ignore reality. I guess that's what you do when you don't know any better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT