ADVERTISEMENT

5 fridays until kickoff!!!

Will fans be allowed?
100 right now. How that is handled will vary, just like volleyball and basketball. Thomasville will have no walkup ticket sales, but a Youtube channel will broadcast.

I feel like some kind of progress is being made with the starting of the season here soon.. Time will tell. I wish all the best for all involved in sports. Hopefully the teams will get the season played out. It’s been a long duration since last time public schools got to play football.

Reactions: UNC91
A lot will be different. I know the discussion in Thomasville has also been about whether to open the gate on the visitors’ side...concessions or none....what kind? One thing for sure, there won’t be any world famous Cushwa dogs☹

A lot will be different. I know the discussion in Thomasville has also been about whether to open the gate on the visitors’ side...concessions or none....what kind? One thing for sure, there won’t be any world famous Cushwa dogs☹
I haven’t been to a basketball game yet that had concessions open. I sure hope these school boards are offering some type of assistance for the schools.

Will they allow fans in or only parents?

From what I've seen in winter and fall sports parents have been given priority but that's also only with 25.

I'd say the best approach is to let home parents/family buy tickets and then allow away parents/family to buy what's left.

If it’s like volleyball and basketball, it will likely vary by conference and maybe even by school. For instance, in basketball, some had cheerleaders and some didn’t. Unless each player’s family has a specific number of tickets available, I doubt there would be any left for visitors.

From what I've seen in winter and fall sports parents have been given priority but that's also only with 25.

I'd say the best approach is to let home parents/family buy tickets and then allow away parents/family to buy what's left.

just 25 would be silly outside in the open. Very easy to social distance in a stadium.

Reactions: UNC91 and BK13T-$
100 for any outside. So baseball and softball who have much smaller bleachers usually can have the same 100 as football. Also inside Grimsley Stadium which is massive and say Bessemer City stadium which is much smaller

it would be very easy to social distance a 100 on each side, common sense is lost.
I don’t disagree with you, but not happening. Because of social distancing there are other things in play also, press box, film crews, coaches in press box or on top. Sideline social distancing. Mask patrol. School administration has a lot on there plate. But the biggest is loss of revenue.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
The ones who have the biggest challenge are schools that are still remote. There will be asymptomatic positives. There will be transmission that may show up when the kids are together for the first time.
This season may come down to which team can manage to get in enough games to be well seasoned for the playoffs.

1000 people is a lot for school administration to police to make sure they are following safety protocols. 1 football game with that many people could easily cause a community spread that puts a rural hospital at capacity.

Are schools staying with 7:30 kickoffs for varsity games on Friday and 7:00 on Thursdays for JV?

Two big differences between Walmart and a football game.
People in Walmart shop and leave and spend little time in close proximity to others. Fans sit close together for two to three hours.

Walmart sells food, which is considered essential. Watching a ball game is not.

By the way, I hate Walmart and rarely ever go there.

Can you point me to a Walmart and Lowes that have 1000 people in them at a time?
Back before Christmas went to Lowe’s to look for a dishwasher. Couldn’t find a parking place. Went home and bought it online. Picked up next day and still took 20 minutes to find a spot for truck.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Can you point me to a Walmart and Lowes that have 1000 people in them at a time?
Why in the heck does 1000 people matter. If a stadium can hold a 1000 people with social distance from other families why would you not let them in. What if NC does what other states did you might not even get to go to the games if you don’t have a kid or grandkid playing. It’s sounds like the best thing for you to do is sit out the Spring season.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Two big differences between Walmart and a football game.
People in Walmart shop and leave and spend little time in close proximity to others. Fans sit close together for two to three hours.

Walmart sells food, which is considered essential. Watching a ball game is not.

By the way, I hate Walmart and rarely ever go there.
So you are saying it is impossible to go to a game and social distance. Do any of you know what the guidelines are going to be. Has the NCHSAA released the guidelines for the spring season for Football. I haven’t seen them.

Reactions: Mhsneer

I took it that he was talking about seating capacity not actually having a 1000 in attendance. We're not talking about a hot steamy gym, we’re talking about an outside venue. I also don’t buy the strain on the school system argument. Each school SROs are completely capable of policing 100 folks. That has zero to do with school support staff. The school administration is completely capable of policing the support staff. This is only an issue because you folks want it to be.

Back before Christmas went to Lowe’s to look for a dishwasher. Couldn’t find a parking place. Went home and bought it online. Picked up next day and still took 20 minutes to find a spot for truck.

Not saying Lowes hasn't been packed. Just saying there isn't a 1000 people in a Lowes at a given time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT