ADVERTISEMENT

3A 3A Boys Basketball Thread

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Post anything about NCHSAA 3A Boys Basketball here!!

Top games, top players, top teams, and just general conversations about just 3A Boys!!

Watch out for Enka too. They are 12-1, won the Freedom Christmas tournament and are a legit threat to make some noise.

The story of North Iredell boys is they beat Statesville 82-29. They are 12-4 (4-1). Really playing some good ball.

The story of North Iredell boys is they beat Statesville 82-29. They are 12-4 (4-1). Really playing some good ball.
That used to be a big rivalry game, may still be. Has Statesville fallen that far or is NI that good?

That used to be a big rivalry game, may still be. Has Statesville fallen that far or is NI that good?
I think it’s a little of both. Statesville talent is down some this year. With North Iredell they are playing better than in normal years. I was surprised at the score. Not sure if maybe Statesville could maybe had player or players out. Anyway an impressive performance for North Iredell.

Here are some top contenders in the conference of North Iredell.
East Lincoln 12-2 (5-0)
Hickory. 13-1 ( 4-1)
North Iredell 10-4 (4-1)
East Lincoln will play North Iredell good on 1/14.

I know this is a basketball thread, and I am amazed at North Iredell's talent. When they PLAY they play really well. Sometimes they do not PLAY really well 100 % of the game.

Having said that, look at their entire team. I mean look at their physical size. And then tell me why North Iredell can not play FOOTBALL worth a crap. Take their basketball team, add any decent 10 to 15 other athletes and my oh my they could play with anyone!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Hopefully Crest can get back on the court soon. Were supposed to play 3 games but all have been cancelled. Gonna be a lot of games to make up.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Hopefully Crest can get back on the court soon. Were supposed to play 3 games but all have been cancelled. Gonna be a lot of games to make up.
Just saw on MaxPreps that boys basketball had to forfeit one of thei wins against Shelby. Have you heard any reason for the forfeit.

Central Cabarrus boys looks the team to beat in the 3A. Looking forward to see how they do in the playoffs.

Good week for Crest.

Tuesday beat Cramer 77-70
Wednesday beat KM 85-82
Friday beat South Point 75-62

Crest is now 12-2 overall 7-0 in Big South play.

2 tough loses. First game was a close loss to TC Roberson in 1st game of the year before they had everyone and a forfeit loss to Shelby that they outscored Shelby by 30 points in.

3A playoffs are going to be fun.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
That Cramer win is a really good one. Cramer is one of those sneaky good teams… and they have one dude I’ve seen absolutely filling up the stat sheet (Kelly I think was the last name?)

Crest gets through 4 games in 5 days.

Tues defeated North Gaston 76-58
Wed defeated Cramer 83-69
Fri defeated Forestview 83-41
Sat defeated Hunter Huss 80-40

Crest is now 15-2 and 10-0 in con play.

Where are the polls? Has anyone seen a boys or girls 3a poll or any poll for that matter?

Central Cabarrus goes to 11-0 in conference and 21-0 overall beating South Rowan 90-33.
Don, what's making Central Cabarrus such a powerful team? Do they have more than a few college prospects? Ton of weapons? Just play really well together? All of the above?

I know I've been out of the loop for a year but this has caught me off guard.

Don, what's making Central Cabarrus such a powerful team? Do they have more than a few college prospects? Ton of weapons? Just play really well together? All of the above?

I know I've been out of the loop for a year but this has caught me off guard.
THEY PRESS AND RUN AND GUN ALL GAME. THEY PLAY 10 PLAYERS. WELL COACHED TOO!

THEY PRESS AND RUN AND GUN ALL GAME. THEY PLAY 10 PLAYERS. WELL COACHED TOO!
Sounds like CC picked up where Richmond County left off a few years ago. I loved watching those Richmond teams. Scores regularly in the 100's.

If you don't have a team full of good athletes/players and great conditioning, this is a very tough style to counter. It'll be interesting to see what teams can keep up with them (if any).

Congrats to the Crest Chargers. They are the Big South regular season con champs.
This week...
70-50 over Forestview
83-62 over Hunter Hiss

Last night 79-57 over Kings Mtn. This game was tied at the half. Crest really put on the defensive clamps in the 2nd half. Zeke Cannedy for KM came in averaging 36 ppg and had 20 at the half. Crest held him to 2 points in the 2nd half. Another player the is really starting to blossom for Crest is the younger brother of Mari Adams. Soph AJ Adams had 19 I believe last night as he was put in the starting line-up for the injured Kevin Kollock.

Crest moves to 14-0 in con play and 19-2 overall. Next up is the Big South con tourney.

Big South Tourney Scores

Crest 70 North Gaston 30
South Point 75 Forestview 53
Kings Mtn 90 Hunter Huss 66
Cramer 81 Ashbrook 52

Semifinals will be Wed at Crest.

Game 1 KM vs Cramer
Game 2 Crest vs SP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT