ADVERTISEMENT

#32 Error on the 3A West Bracket

They have St. Stephens in and North Lincoln Out. The only way this is not a mistake is if North Lincoln opted out
I brought that up after the first prelims. then 2nd prelims had the same. The only reason I see it happening over North Lincoln is they opted out??? I look back again at the North Lincoln schedule and they beat St Stephens and ahead of them in conference standings?????

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Not a big NL FAN. If that’s truly what happen I feel sorry for seniors. I remember EL going to Pisgah the #1 seed in 2018 and pulling the big upset of #1. Then losing to NL the next week but that’s why you play the game.

Opted out? Wow

They had twice the kids we had, unless there's about 25 injured, you'd think they'd play. I'm flabbergasted.

How does that happen? Team vote? Parent petition? Principals call?

I'll bet Bazzell is fit to be tied. That guys a warrior.

Last edited:
They played East Friday and looked pretty good actually gave East a run for their money. An thursday had a lot dressed for JV and won that going away. But it is strange when u work all year for something and have to give it up. Feel sorry for seniors tough way to end a season.

Also heard that 3 players were injured this past Friday of N. Lincoln. I don’t how many players they had playing after all the injuries. But I remember back around ‘94 season South Iredell which was 3A back in the days had around 28 players start of season. By the 3rd game they were down to around 22 players due to injuries. Some playing both ways. They still won the conference. They had some good quality players. Couple players that were RBs also was their DBs as well. They were studs.

Yep. Athletic director said it was due to amount of injuries team had this year. Alot of teams have had alot of kids hurt this year. I think it's a cumulative effect of limited strength and conditioning the past 2 years due to Covid restrictions.
That’s an interesting point you made about the strength and conditioning limitations possibly effecting injuries.

Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT