ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round: Salisbury @ Burns

I wanted to see ‘19 Burns vs North Lincoln...so bad I could taste it!....but NO!....I went to Shelby every week....ate more livermush than any of y’all Cleveland county boys put together.

I’m getting my chance back! I’m super excited about this game!.... More than you know!
Get ready for one hell of an atmosphere!

I wanted to see ‘19 Burns vs North Lincoln...so bad I could taste it!....but NO!....I went to Shelby every week....ate more livermush than any of y’all Cleveland county boys put together.

I’m getting my chance back! I’m super excited about this game!.... More than you know!

you sure did miss a darn good one! That was one of the best high school football games I have ever been to. And I go to A LOT. We will be glad to have you Friday night.

If you go the easy n safe options - You do have Subway as well
BlueDevil 96- I was just picking a bit with my "are you drunk" comment. I am objective and yes we could cerinaly lose this game. You have 11 kids completing 11 assigments on ever snap. Sometimes its just a bad game ie- vs. Crest. Since we have 0 Salisbury posters what have you seen out of them that makes you predict we lose by 2 + scores ?

Reactions: notanyonesfan
BlueDevil 96- I was just picking a bit with my "are you drunk" comment. I am objective and yes we could cerinaly lose this game. You have 11 kids completing 11 assigments on ever snap. Sometimes its just a bad game ie- vs. Crest. Since we have 0 Salisbury posters what have you seen out of them that makes you predict we lose by 2 + scores ?
You're asking the wrong guy, my g. That was MooresvilleDevil06. (First page)

Salisbury post preview

Well I’ll be!.... it’s my buddy ....Lawn Chair!
You’ll be the first Leatherhead I’m looking for when I roll in. Nah... I’m just playing with you.
I’ll answer it from my perspective. First of all.... I’m not predicting a 2 score win..but I may have been drinking.😂 I want to see a great game.
I’ll start with the 5 Maiden interceptions.... all of ‘em were caused by pressure on our QB. QB was running for his life!...or somebody hanging on him or he was trying to make sump’em outta nothing! Salisbury basically was fair catching on all 5 picks... like a punt. 😁
The matchup for Maiden was just horrible for us! Huge lineman steamrolling our lineman with size and power! Their biggest guy # 76 is listed at 6’ 5” 372 lbs... I think. He was on the field most of the night.....right smack in the middle. He was gooooood too!
I give almost all the credit to their lineman for the huge rushing numbers for them and the negative rushing numbers for us.

QB Honeycutt can fly.... rumor has it... he may be fastest kid from Rowan county.... but that’s just a rumor. His TD pass was absolutely perfect.... threaded the needle on a well covered receiver.... however... I did see a couple throws in the dirt.

Kicker made a FG and never missed an XP...not even close to missing.
Punter was well above average as well.

Well coached... very disciplined....and no show boating! In fact our bunch thought they were some of the nicest folks around.

It’s going to be hard to pull against them since they were so respectful and nice.... but I’ll do it for u! Lawndog! 😂

Btw....The “Herschel” Walker kid going to GA is the real deal.

See y’all Friday

No doubt, but this aint Hibriten coming to town. Totally different beast to deal with this week. The Hornets strength of schedule hasn't been a cake walk.

Agreed. However, it's all about match-up, tic for tac, and Salisbury has that which Lenoir didn't. Still gonna be the best 2a game in the state this week regardless. Minus any mistakes, penalties, or injuries, I'm going to stand by my prediction of Hornets by 3.
And I can prove it ☝️

Reactions: Maiden Creek
This is one of those games where if I didn’t have other plans this would definitely be the game to go. Out of curiosity how many they letting in. Hopefully by next football season the stadiums will be open to full capacity.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I cant answer for MooresvilleBlueDevil06 but I will tell you - Salisbury has been here before and they been State champs. Salisbury only lost their game due to injuries from what I have read on here so IF they are at full strength then they will be tough. Salisbury has a great LB in Walker n He also has a little brother on the team as well.

Salisbury is athletic, YOU WILL HAVE TO PASS ON Salisbury imo to win bc I dont know if Burns can run on them esp with Walker at LB. but I think Burns can hang around and keep it close but they will have to play their best game .... I take Salisbury by the same margin 14 pts but I wouldn't be shocked if Burns wins because its HARD TO WIN AT THE DOG POUND!

Well I’ll be!.... it’s my buddy ....Lawn Chair!
You’ll be the first Leatherhead I’m looking for when I roll in. Nah... I’m just playing with you.
I’ll answer it from my perspective. First of all.... I’m not predicting a 2 score win..but I may have been drinking.😂 I want to see a great game.
I’ll start with the 5 Maiden interceptions.... all of ‘em were caused by pressure on our QB. QB was running for his life!...or somebody hanging on him or he was trying to make sump’em outta nothing! Salisbury basically was fair catching on all 5 picks... like a punt. 😁
The matchup for Maiden was just horrible for us! Huge lineman steamrolling our lineman with size and power! Their biggest guy # 76 is listed at 6’ 5” 372 lbs... I think. He was on the field most of the night.....right smack in the middle. He was gooooood too!
I give almost all the credit to their lineman for the huge rushing numbers for them and the negative rushing numbers for us.

QB Honeycutt can fly.... rumor has it... he may be fastest kid from Rowan county.... but that’s just a rumor. His TD pass was absolutely perfect.... threaded the needle on a well covered receiver.... however... I did see a couple throws in the dirt.

Kicker made a FG and never missed an XP...not even close to missing.
Punter was well above average as well.

Well coached... very disciplined....and no show boating! In fact our bunch thought they were some of the nicest folks around.

It’s going to be hard to pull against them since they were so respectful and nice.... but I’ll do it for u! Lawndog! 😂

Btw....The “Herschel” Walker kid going to GA is the real deal.

See y’all Friday
Nice breakdown Mr. Creek. I appreciate the info. We will be happy to have you in our little neck of the woods good buddy. This team seems loaded. Need a Burns t shirt ? if so i got you covered but its big boy size. :)

Reactions: dallashornet
Nice breakdown Mr. Creek. I appreciate the info. We will be happy to have you in our little neck of the woods good buddy. This team seems loaded. Need a Burns t shirt ? if so i got you covered but its big boy size. :)
Imma 2XL.... but that shirt will never touch my skin......unless I get too cold!😂

Imma 2XL.... but that shirt will never touch my skin......unless I get too cold!😂
Just how big a ole boy are you ? 2x, thats just about the right azz whipping size. Im getting ready to open a 55 gallon drum of whip azz and pour it on you. I will whip you so good you can cough and fart at the same time. I will be on you like Cordoury on a hemorrhoid. :) - Roy D. Mercer, if you have never heard him do yourself a favor and you tube him.

On a serious note enjoy the game and thanks for supporting the kids. I think its gonna be a great one.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Just how big a ole boy are you ? 2x, thats just about the right azz whipping size. Im getting ready to open a 55 gallon drum of whip azz and pour it on you. I will whip you so good you can cough and fart at the same time. I will be on you like Cordoury on a hemorrhoid. :) - Roy D. Mercer, if you have never heard him do yourself a favor and you tube him.

On a serious note enjoy the game and thanks for supporting the kids. I think its gonna be a great one.
I’m crying!😂😂😂 that good stuff!
Roy D is one of my favorites!

Can’t wait! Brother!

• Haha
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
This is one of those games where if I didn’t have other plans this would definitely be the game to go. Out of curiosity how many they letting in. Hopefully by next football season the stadiums will be open to full capacity.
Not sure how many they are letting in but the Burns Football Twitter account posted that there are 600 tickets still available. That was 2 hours ago

Not sure how many they are letting in but the Burns Football Twitter account posted that there are 600 tickets still available. That was 2 hours ago
Thanks, Iike I said if I didn’t have plans this would be game I go to. Best of luck to the Burns team.. I definitely will keep eye on the scores.

Burns defense will keep them in these games just gotta hope the offense finds there stride.. IF they do I think Burns wins, I'd the offense struggles again, man I dunno. The defense will show up, will the offense?...

Still going with 18-15 Burns

Burns defense will keep them in these games just gotta hope the offense finds there stride.. IF they do I think Burns wins, I'd the offense struggles again, man I dunno. The defense will show up, will the offense?...

Still going with 18-15 Burns
game day!!!- I think Sweezy will put on a show for some reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT