ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round: Salisbury @ Burns

I am guessing a low-scoring game in the high teens or low twenties...

I've seen Burns play 4 times - depends on which Burns shows up - the Burns that played against Crest didn't do much offensively after the first couple of drives. Aside from the R-S Central game, the Burns offense has been good, but not great. Defense is definitely what has carried Burns, and if they can hold on to the football on offense, I like their chances. Maiden threw 5 INTs against Salisbury.

I have not seen Salisbury this season, but their QB and stud LBs (Walker and Clay) were starters on the team that lost to Shelby in the state championship in 2019. I assume they are still a little better defensively.

I predict Burns 20-13.

Reactions: Bluedog17
Even though I can’t make it to this game. Just curious of the good eating places over in the Burns area. What are your good places to eat.

Jans- best fried chicken you’ll ever eat and plenty of other good food. The honey hog is really good too though.

If you plan to go to either one of them you better get there early usually 45-1 hour wait on Friday nights.

Also...gas station hot dogs? Didn’t even know we had a gas station that sold hot dogs.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Burns has the home field advantage but their defense has allowed 148 points this season, the visitors has only allowed 68, that's a big spread. The Hornets will advance by 3.

Reactions: KW23
Ask Hibriten how that logic worked out for them
Agree! Again- strength of schedule is the difference. I want to give a big shout out to South Point, (Shelby, Chase, RS, Crest), too and KM- who we didn’t play this year but we held our own in a scrimmage. We might not win. Our foe is really good, but if the margin is 3, 4, 5- points, home field advantage and strength of schedule equal a dog victory. Give me a strong defense over a strong offense anytime. We have had many really good offenses when our defense was cheese cloth. We have to only score enough to win and contain them enough to gain the advantage.

I’ll pass on the hot dogs.... but I’m all in on the sardines.
I’ve heard that the “Honey Hog” is very good.....u Burns Boys agree with that?
If not..... I’m headed to Cooksville Grill.
Jans! And be sure to order the tater wedges! And tell them Nelson sent ya!

But Honey Hog is good too! I’ve heard good things about Cooksville too.

I’ll pass on the hot dogs.... but I’m all in on the sardines.
I’ve heard that the “Honey Hog” is very good.....u Burns Boys agree with that?
If not..... I’m headed to Cooksville Grill.
yes sir!!!! Cooksville Grill cheesesticks and ranch,... best around ha ha...

Not sure if they have reopened their dining room yet, has been pick up at the front door....

No doubt, but this aint Hibriten coming to town. Totally different beast to deal with this week. The Hornets strength of schedule hasn't been a cake walk.
I have no doubt that Salisbury has played a tougher schedule than Hibriten did. Quite honestly it'd be hard to play a much weaker schedule than they did, but my point was that the fact that Salisbury had given up less points than Burns this year has absolutely nothing to do with this Friday. Burns had given up 135 coming into last week, Hibriten had given up 26.

the fact that Salisbury had given up less points than Burns this year has absolutely nothing to do with this Friday.
Agreed. However, it's all about match-up, tic for tac, and Salisbury has that which Lenoir didn't. Still gonna be the best 2a game in the state this week regardless. Minus any mistakes, penalties, or injuries, I'm going to stand by my prediction of Hornets by 3.

eastern Randolph and northeastern will also be good.
I know the hornets soundly beat west Rowan and that is a feat, this will be a great game as it should be at this point. Congrats on good seasons for both teams in this screwed up crazy world we live it. I can’t imagine being young and playing ball in these current conditions. ( and trying to get an education to boot)

Ask Hibriten how that logic worked out for them

ha you never saw/heard anyone from hibriten make that argument — i know the point you were trying to make

we can all manipulate the numbers to support what we want to think — “experts” and numbers do love salisbury’s conference but the ashe/oak grove game was interesting to me

ashe played a similar schedule strength to hibriten and had a defense prone to being gashed at times and it ended up being a 17-12 ball game. that’s the second place team in that conf. so has salisbury really played this brutal schedule ? idk

this is a tough game to evaluate on paper

ha you never saw/heard anyone from hibriten make that argument — i know the point you were trying to make

we can all manipulate the numbers to support what we want to think — “experts” and numbers do love salisbury’s conference but the ashe/oak grove game was interesting to me

ashe played a similar schedule strength to hibriten and had a defense prone to being gashed at times and it ended up being a 17-12 ball game. that’s the second place team in that conf. so has salisbury really played this brutal schedule ? idk

No I know y'all didn't. Wasn't meaning it in that way lol

Reactions: strikerHHS

I couldn’t agree more about Ashe and Oak Grove! Ultimate head scratcher for me!
I know OG has to be good due to Salisbury! The ability to hold back Salisbury’s size and limit to 2 TD’s in an entire game is enough said. Platoons of size on the line.....excellent starting lineman with skill with very little drop off on rotating lineman’s’ skill!.....and absolutely no change in size....which was humongous for a Maiden bubbler like me!

I just see nothing more than another defensive battle Friday night. It’ll be hard hitting- stingy quick defenses on both sides. If Burns can get Norris going I think that will be what sets the tone. We need to be aggressive and control the tempo of the game. As f-ball-ace said if no injuries etc happens or busted plays on defense that allow huge plays for points this game will be a close one. I’m going to say a one score game.

This is two teams with what they feel like is unfinished business because 2019 didn’t end the way they thought it could have. Both teams are on a mission. Both teams are pretty evenly matched...I think the game being in Lawndale gives a small edge to the bulldogs.

I just see nothing more than another defensive battle Friday night. It’ll be hard hitting- stingy quick defenses on both sides. If Burns can get Norris going I think that will be what sets the tone. We need to be aggressive and control the tempo of the game. As f-ball-ace said if no injuries etc happens or busted plays on defense that allow huge plays for points this game will be a close one. I’m going to say a one score game.

This is two teams with what they feel like is unfinished business because 2019 didn’t end the way they thought it could have. Both teams are on a mission. Both teams are pretty evenly matched...I think the game being in Lawndale gives a small edge to the bulldogs.
I wanted to see ‘19 Burns vs North Lincoln...so bad I could taste it!....but NO!....I went to Shelby every week....ate more livermush than any of y’all Cleveland county boys put together.

I’m getting my chance back! I’m super excited about this game!.... More than you know!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT