ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round: Salisbury @ Burns

notanyonesfan

Oct 1, 2016
Here we go, what do you guys think? I give Burns a slight edge at home & from experience. But this one could go either way obviously

I'll say if Burns defense plays to the level they did against Hibriten that's a great sign... Only giving up 6 to an explosive team scoring 50+ every week...

Early I'll give Burns a 8 point advantage.

Burns 27
Salisbury 19..

Thoughts? Let's get it started..

Have Burns & Salisbury ever played each other? I don't think they have.

I think this will be another good game. Two good defenses with both offenses having big play ability. Q at Salisbury has a big arm from what I have been told and going to play baseball at Chapel Hill and obviously Walker controlling the defense. I think it’ll be a defensive battle. The Dogs defense just need some points in the board to get them going a little more. I’d we can put some points up quick I think it’ll truly help us.

some of you Salisbury guys- what is the honest opinions about your team?

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I was thinking maybe the Salsibury n Maiden would be a good game. But I think this game will definitely be a better one. I’m just going to leave it as this game could be a potential dog fight. It will be interesting.

What type of offense does Salisbury run? I'm assuming, hearing about their gunslinging QB, that they are a spread team.

Last edited:
It will be a really good game. At home, I think Burns will have an advantage. The pieces are falling into place for the Dogs. They have talent, the younger ones are really mixing in well with the older leaders and are all giving a team effort. It’s like they are developing their own identity together as a group. In the beginning of the season, although they were successful- things were awkward from time to time. Our qb even struggled and he is a 3rd year starter and playing his last season- but he has stepped up and been more confident in his own experience and ability. I for one am very proud of our team and last night I appreciated our fellow county rivals because win or lose to them, I know they helped prepare us for the success we are experiencing now.

Thats kind of my thoughts on this game Beamer. I think 15 needs a few more carries. He is going to make plays with touches.

I was honestly shocked with the Hibriten game. I figured it would have been more scoring in the first half and the. turn into a shoot out later because both defenses would be getting wore down. Burns D is quick and stingy as I have said all year. Salisbury is going to bring it no doubt. But I just don’t know if they have played a team with athletes all over the field like we have and especially on defense getting to the ball. I’m not sure if Salisbury really runs it a lot or tries to throw it around, but either way I’ll take that maddog D!

I believe Salsibury will have another good season coming up. They have power RB and also Jaylon Walker with another year to play. ( Also will add Walker has a younger brother a freshman DB/WR that plays on the team.) Also watch out for Sr QB Honeycutt who has a lot of speed.

Last edited:
Sounds like people outside the Burns folks are feeling confident this week. I myself, am worried. I know we just beat a good Hibriten team, but Salisbury is not a walkover. Our offense has not been consistent enough this year for me to feel good about any upcoming game. Defensively I think we'll be OK. I think this will be another close game.

Sounds like people outside the Burns folks are feeling confident this week. I myself, am worried. I know we just beat a good Hibriten team, but Salisbury is not a walkover. Our offense has not been consistent enough this year for me to feel good about any upcoming game. Defensively I think we'll be OK. I think this will be another close game.
I agree with you. We either look like a million bucks or look like we don’t have a clue. We don’t need that in the playoffs. Salisbury is sound and they have athletes. They are going to play some defense- but we just have to go to tick for tack with them and when the clock hits 0’s be ahead.

I agree with you. We either look like a million bucks or look like we don’t have a clue. We don’t need that in the playoffs. Salisbury is sound and they have athletes. They are going to play some defense- but we just have to go to tick for tack with them and when the clock hits 0’s be ahead.
I watched the Hibriten game and thought our offense did well as far as play calls. Cam was a little excited in the first half. Had a few over throws that could have been more first downs. Hibritens defense was legit. Very physical up front. If we execute next Friday with the way our defense is playing we win.

I watched the Hibriten game and thought our offense did well as far as play calls. Cam was a little excited in the first half. Had a few over throws that could have been more first downs. Hibritens defense was legit. Very physical up front. If we execute next Friday with the way our defense is playing we win.
Where were you able to watch it?

In reality these are kids-so there are a lot of variables at work. of course I have questions about our team. This game will be a challenge. I still believe that our competition has prepared the Dogs. I also remember that even when we won the state back in 94, when the jolly green giant was just a sprout 🌱- we were beaten pretty bad by South Point- we didn’t even score. We met then later in the playoffs and the roles reversed- we beat them soundly and they did not score on us. Anything can happen. At this point- wins come by doing the little things well mixed with some good luck. I still believe Burns will do what it takes to win.

I think Burns will definitely be the best defense that Salisbury has seen this year. Those boys are fast and strong & they don't miss a lot. Watching a little film on Salisbury QB & RB today they look very good, very impressed. They will be a handful. It'll take urns best defensive effort to contain them, and I'm sure they'll be up to the task. I have no doubt in the defense showing up.. As most the rest of you said though this game will go as the Burns offense goes... If they can get into the rythm they did at RS it'll be a great sign, if not it'll be another 1-3 point game.

Personally I'd like to see #15 get the amount of touches he did against RS again this week. I felt they went away from him some up at Hibriten

Reactions: Bulldog_012

it’s been much worse. Only a couple plays I questioned- one being the play that lead to the strip and score. Although it was a questionable call because they didn’t blow it dead, he wouldn’t have been in that situation. Bottom line is we made plays when we had to and won the game.

I think Burns will definitely be the best defense that Salisbury has seen this year. Those boys are fast and strong & they don't miss a lot. Watching a little film on Salisbury QB & RB today they look very good, very impressed. They will be a handful. It'll take urns best defensive effort to contain them, and I'm sure they'll be up to the task. I have no doubt in the defense showing up.. As most the rest of you said though this game will go as the Burns offense goes... If they can get into the rythm they did at RS it'll be a great sign, if not it'll be another 1-3 point game.

Personally I'd like to see #15 get the amount of touches he did against RS again this week. I felt they went away from him some up at Hibriten

I’d like to see mookie getting a little more touches too. Cant contain him but so long...he is going to make a play at some point.

Reactions: Bluedog17
Interested in seeing this Cleveland county defense I hear so much about. Should be a good one. Salisbury offense improved from what I’ve seen and burns D isn’t the same as Shelby D that shut Hornets out last year. Battle will be won up front

Salisbury is absolutely improving week to week. The two losses coincided with some tough injury timing. A fully healthy team likely doesn’t lose those (no guarantee, that’s why you play the games). Offensively I would say they are a bit better than last year. Vance has another year under center and now better understands when to use his legs. A starter in the backfield from last year unfortunately isn’t playing this year but they have a lot of skill there otherwise. The defense surely is driven by Jalon (when you are that good of course it is) but does have some extremely talented young men otherwise. There is some youth in the secondary but at this point in a season that isn’t as much a factor in my opinion. Most don’t go both ways other than situationally which helps in fatigue and wear and tear over the course of the year. This team is highly motivated and seemingly peaking at the right time. I know nothing of burns this year but last weeks win was quite impressive. Without any knowledge of the opponent I won’t begin to make a prediction.

Reactions: dallashornet
Rumor has it....oh Creek is getting a ticket to this game. I know a gal.....Cleveland County Mafia over in Sandy Mush!
Nah....actually it’s my wife! ...She is from there.
Momma is tired of seeing me mope around all weekend pouting over my Boom Devils. I’m coming to Lawndale! Ain’t been there since 1977!...yep... it’s been a minute! Imma get out of my bubble.
I have a prediction.... but y’all ain’t gonna like it....so mums the word.
I will say that I’m super excited to see Vance “HoneyBadger” Honeycutt again. He is sump’em else!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT