ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round: Salisbury @ Burns

No. He was coaching LBs at Catawba for a year. Fully retired as of now
Used to see him at App tailgates but not in a couple years. My son was a kicker against Salisbury in 2011 and 2012. You guys had a pretty good one too. Some good games back then between Thomasville and Salisbury. Pinyan is still laughing at those three kneel downs Thomasville took on the goal line.
Congratulations. Way to represent the conference!

Used to see him at App tailgates but not in a couple years. My son was a kicker against Salisbury in 2011 and 2012. You guys had a pretty good one too. Some good games back then between Thomasville and Salisbury. Pinyan is still laughing at those three kneel downs Thomasville took on the goal line.
Congratulations. Way to represent the conference!
Those were some really fun years and great battles! All CCC western final!

My 2 cents. If Sweezy plays, we win. Not to take anything away from Mauney. I think he is going to be great. It's just hard to throw a freshman qb into a 2nd round playoff game. Especially over a senior who has led this team for 3 years. Defense played great. I don't know about the 4 timeouts. All I know, is that the clock stopped 4 times for Salisbury in the 2nd half. But that didn't lose the game. We lost in the first half when we didn't score on the goal line. The future is bright for the Dawgs. Good luck Salisbury.

My 2 cents. If Sweezy plays, we win. Not to take anything away from Mauney. I think he is going to be great. It's just hard to throw a freshman qb into a 2nd round playoff game. Especially over a senior who has led this team for 3 years. Defense played great. I don't know about the 4 timeouts. All I know, is that the clock stopped 4 times for Salisbury in the 2nd half. But that didn't lose the game. We lost in the first half when we didn't score on the goal line. The future is bright for the Dawgs. Good luck Salisbury.
If Hornets are at zero timeouts, coach doesn’t call one there. Would have had FG unit run out and the same result would ensue. Great game and great sportsmanship from Burns (players) in loss. Good to hear a class act in the booth for the Dawgs...

If Hornets are at zero timeouts, coach doesn’t call one there. Would have had FG unit run out and the same result would ensue. Great game and great sportsmanship from Burns (players) in loss. Good to hear a class act in the booth for the Dawgs...
Yes sir he is the best in the business. The time out was legit no question. Congrats on the win.

I don't doubt the refs got the timeout thing right. That's just kinda an odd situation.

Reactions: RowcoFB
Legit question here. If indeed a team calls a timeout that isn't allowed (ie: assistant coach calling it, or trying to call one you don't have), shouldn't there be some type of consequence, especially when it was originally given?. If a team does legitimately call a timeout when they are out of them, there's a delay penalty, right? Shouldn't the same happen in this sort of situation too? I know it's not in the rules now to allow that but maybe that should be looked at.

Reactions: Bluedog17
Was this Salisbury team better than last years. Because even though they made it to last year's finals they were terrible. Worst team I've ever seen in a final. Just figured burns had way too much talent for a team that has the scheme that Salisbury runs

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Congrats to the hornets. Our back-up qb did a great job but we missed Sweezy tonight- the option he gives running the ball some would have opened up our offense more. Norris is going to be a beast- so proud of him. We had many opportunities and could have, should have but just plain didn’t do it/but not scoring in the first half after driving all the way down the field killed us. We simply beat ourselves but we are young, the future is bright! Proud of the Dogs!!!

Was this Salisbury team better than last years. Because even though they made it to last year's finals they were terrible. Worst team I've ever seen in a final. Just figured burns had way too much talent for a team that has the scheme that Salisbury runs
Just my observation. Offensively Salisbury isn't great. Take away the dive & QB keeper and you will limit them. Defensively they are huge & fast and definitely look the part.

Reactions: beamer24
This was the kind of game that I expected it to be and glad I made the trek to Burns!!! Not having Sweezy play definitely was a factor but honestly I think the biggest differences were special teams play and the 1st and 2nd down play calls in the 2nd Qtr from the 2 yard line for Bulldogs.... I also didn’t realize how young Burns was last week when you beat us In Lenoir, but it even makes it more impressive..... And man I thought Hibriten liked to run the same 5 plays over and over but Salisbury might be just as bad... But as the saying goes Offense wins games but Defense wins Championships and Salisbury definitely puts the ballgame in their Defenses’ hands

If Burns QB is healthy they win
I’d like to think that.

Just to clarify the timeout situation, my brother was on the Salisbury side filming the plays for KTC, their coordinators were standing next to him up top, and he said even they didn’t think they had a timeout left. They were content with going to OT. But the refs granted them the faux timeout anyway.

However it shouldn’t have come down to that. Don’t blow the first and goal from the 1, don’t fumble, don’t allow the big pass play to set up the game winning field goal. But our defense kept us in the game. We played our hearts out. Ben did well. And the future is bright in Lawndale. Going to miss all the seniors.

Congratulations Hornets. Good luck next week at North Davidson.

Agreed. However, it's all about match-up, tic for tac, and Salisbury has that which Lenoir didn't. Still gonna be the best 2a game in the state this week regardless. Minus any mistakes, penalties, or injuries, I'm going to stand by my prediction of Hornets by 3.
Like I tell the wife, I'm not always right, but I'm hardly ever wrong....
Here's you another prediction, big upset coming next week.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I told my son Salisbury is the most talented team I have seen this year but a well coached almost as talented team could beat them. But those 2 are probably sitting at the house Burns/Hibriten.
North Davidson already beat them this season

I believe Salisbury was without there best player when they lost to Oak Grove and North Davidson. I think Salisbury rolls the next 2 weeks just my opinion.
He got hurt durring the OG game. He played most of it but did not play against ND.

Reactions: beamer24
Been out of town with poor internet connection. But wow what a game. With Salsibury having good players coming back could we see these two teams matchup again. It will be interesting.

He got hurt durring the OG game. He played most of it but did not play against ND.
He missed the Lexington game the week after Oak Grove but did play with a club on his right hand Against North. Got a sack near the end of the game and got called for facemask with the club hand. The better team won that night. I'm off next weekend so I'm looking forward to catching this one.

Any refs on here that can give an opinion if the berry had a time out or not? There used to be a ref that would post.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
He missed the Lexington game the week after Oak Grove but did play with a club on his right hand Against North. Got a sack near the end of the game and got called for facemask with the club hand. The better team won that night. I'm off next weekend so I'm looking forward to catching this one.
Thats right I forgot. I stand corrected.

Reactions: dallashornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT