ADVERTISEMENT

2AA: Salisbury vs St Pauls

Figured I would get this started. Know nothing about St Pauls. They are clearly really good to get here. Any info?
I know nothing either so interested in finding out more. My personal feeling is that this past Friday nights game between ND and Salisbury was the championship. I’m looking for a Salisbury win and the CCC to get the title but hoping more for a good game and not a blow out like previous years.

Gonna be a tough one Tweet! Very good Sophomore running back and dual threat QB. I watched them on NFHS on demand against Washington. Good receivers and defense. Plenty of athletes. Love for us to jump out on them!!!! Love to beat my old high school rival since my Devils couldn't get it done! Hope you're well buddy.

Gonna be a tough one Tweet! Very good Sophomore running back and dual threat QB. I watched them on NFHS on demand against Washington. Good receivers and defense. Plenty of athletes. Love for us to jump out on them!!!! Love to beat my old high school rival since my Devils couldn't get it done! Hope you're well buddy.
Sure seems like they are the real deal. I know we have a determined bunch. Have talked to a few parents and they each stated in their own way how much more focused this group was than last years. Appears that will all be necessary! All is good here. Wishing the game wasn’t on Thursday night, some of us have kids in little league and happen to be the coach! Wonder if they’ll notice my AirPods on the field!?

St Pauls RB is a sophomore as mentioned above and he runs with a mean, spinning, "Get Off Me" attitude. They are also full of brusers and play makers. Mess their ground game up, and the passing game will start. Yet, I dont think that ground game has been taken away. Unless I am mistaken, the kicker is perfect in his field goal numbers - no misses(Great Kid).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but there has been four St Pauls teams to make it to the semi-finals, and this made the fifth. First to the Finals.

I know nothing about Salisbury, but I wish everyone in this game the very best. From the staff on both teams, to the players suited up.

This will be a great match-up.

Looking for the Bulldogs to take this one.....Big strong running game with the ability to pass, throw in some tall WR's and its tough to stop a team like that in HS.

For those down east who don’t know about Salisbury :
Very strong defense headlined by high 4 star Georgia commit Jalon Walker (he isn’t the only stud just the “star”). This team has been nearly impossible to run on for the past 2 seasons. They don’t beat themselves often. Good size up front and a good bit of speed.
Offensively run centric but lead by dual thread (UNC baseball commit) Vance Honeycutt and a stable of running backs. They can be balanced but prefer to run it through or around you whichever the situation allows.

Sounds like this could be a great game and come down to who just wants it more. Last time I saw a Salisbury team was back in 08 or 09 when they came up to Pisgah to play. Was a fun game to watch. Pisgah vs Shelby back around that time was another great HS football game.

I have my tickets
Did anyone else have problems purchasing tickets on the website?

Last edited:
Pulling for Salisbury here....Best of luck... Thoroughly enjoyed watching that defense last year and this year

The hornet coach just seems like a down to earth cool dude too... bet he dips copenhagen.... ha ha.

Go get em Hornets
No on the dip but he does drive an old wrangler with no doors in shorts and sandals in sub 50 degree weather. Lol

Pulling for Salisbury here....Best of luck... Thoroughly enjoyed watching that defense last year and this year

The hornet coach just seems like a down to earth cool dude too... bet he dips copenhagen.... ha ha.

Go get em Hornets
of course you did when you're team scored 40+ points on them

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: beamer24 and S2V2
Go! Salisbury!

I don’t know anything about St Paul’s....but...I do know that Salisbury won the ‘19 2aa East Bracket in which St Paul’s was a participant of.
St Paul’s has improved from a 1st round exit in ‘19 to representing the East in 2aa!
That’s says a lot!
I think Salisbury has improved as well!

I’m taking the Saws Brewery Hornets in a shootout! 😂
All of Maiden is pulling for y’all! Go get it!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Just texted with one of the guys. They are having all kinds of trouble with connections. Thus the unsteady audio. You would think these problems wouldn’t happen at such a facility but here we are

Reactions: Vik-Val 86

Go get em Hornets
Go St Paul’s!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT