Maiden 5-1
Bandys 4-2
Bunker Hill 4-2
East Burke 4-2
West Lincoln 4-2
Newton Conover 2-4
Lincolnton 1-5
West Caldwell 0-6

I know it’s still very early but there’s a HOT MESS over here!😂…those top 5 teams are at .500 or a game better overall.

None of these teams are in the top 20 RPI…tells me that the conference winner will be tucked safely in front of the power house conferences’ 2nd and 3rd place teams! Maybe a 10 seed for our CVAC champion…might could squeeze out a 1st round win and sneak up on that 7 seed. 😂

It ain’t over!😜…just hoping 3 or 4 teams get in and Maiden is one of ‘em.

Mountain Foothills 7 Standings

1. Chase 4-0
2. Hendersonville 2-0
3. East Rutherford 2-2
4. RS Central 2-2
5. Brevard 2-2
6. Patton 0-2
7. Polk County 0-4

Chase had two huge wins over East Rutherford last week. All they have to do is split with RS Central and the Conference will be their's. East Rutherford needs RS Central to beat Chase twice for both team's last two conference games. All three shouldn't lose to any other conference team. If RS Central beats Chase twice there will be a 3 way tie for 1st. I'm not sure what the tie breaking process is for that. Last year East Rutherford and RS Central tied for first and both were Co-Conference Champions. They had a one game playoff for the #1 automatic bid from the conference for the playoffs.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Chase's sweep over ER was surprising last week. Was that a fluke? Or is Chase really good? I know they are very senior heavy.
They split with East last year. I can say that East's #2 pitcher broke his hand against RS Central so they didn't have to see him in the game Friday. Some thought Chase would be the better team of the three and win the conference this year. We'll see. All three teams in Rutherford County are Senior heavy.

They split with East last year. I can say that East's #2 pitcher broke his hand against RS Central so they didn't have to see him in the game Friday. Some thought Chase would be the better team of the three and win the conference this year. We'll see. All three teams in Rutherford County are Senior heavy.
How long is the pitcher that broke his hand out?

Burns lost a tough one to Cherryville in walkoff fashion 3-2. It was a rain soaked game and the right fielder slipped going to a ball that allowed the runner from first to score with 2 outs. They play again Friday.

Great game at Maiden tonight!

1-1 after 7….Draughn takes the lead 2-1 on a homer by #14 in the 9th and Maiden scratches out 2 in bottom of the 9th to win 3-2.

Boom Devils!😉

Couple of top 10 RPI 2a teams play each other today.

The #9 Morehead Dudes hosts the #4 East Surry Red Birds…that ought to be a great game. 😉

Rode over to West Lincoln last night and watched the games.

Maiden girls won 7-4 and the Maiden boys won 14-5.

Great crowd and atmosphere over there for both games. I enjoyed a couple of “City Lunch “ hot dogs while there as well….that’s always a treat.

Keep it going! Blue Devils.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
West Stokes vs East Surry tomorrow
West has 2 games against the Dudes from Morehead next week
I noticed the Morehead vs McMichael game hasn’t been reported from last Thursday.

Guessing it was a rain out.

Last edited:
Last night 04/11 the Hilltoppers beat Lincoln Charter 4-3. Sophomore Drew Yelton threw 5 complete innings with 12 Ks. Hayden Wheeler threw 5 complete innings with 13 Ks. Isaiah Hipp finished the game with 1 inning and one more K. There was a total of 26 Ks for the 11 inning game!

Tonight RS Central is playing Draughn in the championship game of the Tony Causby Classic. Currently RS Central is the home team and leading 2-1 in the bottom of the 4th.

How about a shout out for Newton Conover with 2 huge wins over Foard and St. Stephens in the Catawba Valley Easter tourney!!

Red Devils found some eggs!😂….sniffing that top 32 in the RPI’s too.

Bandys and East Burke fared well in their tourneys as well.

Maiden found one egg in their Easter tourney…opened it up…only had an empty Hershey kiss wrapper in it. Ugh!

These last 4 games in the CVAC are gonna be fun to watch…..some are fighting and clawing to stay in it…and some are trying to get in it.

Same goes for all the 2a conferences…I’m sure.

Remember last year…4th round playoff teams?

2a West
1. Randleman
4. East Surry
15. CSD
19. Trinity

2a East
4. Whiteville
8. Roanoke Rapids
15. North Lenior
30. Heide Trask

It ain’t over yet!…hoping there’s a “Heide Trask” in the western field of teams this year.

How about Rutherford County? 3 of the top 5 in the West RPI ranking.
RS Central and Chase haven’t played yet (both of their RPIs will go up after they play). May 2nd and May 4th RS will be playing for a three way
co-conference championship between East, Chase, and RS. Chase will just need to split with RS and the Mountain Foothills 2A Championship will be theirs alone!

I’m looking forward to seeing how the Rutherford County legion team plays this summer!!

Big 2a RPI games coming up Tuesday, 4/18.

Burns vs East Gaston

Randleman vs Trinity

CHASE vs Hendersonville

Morehead vs McMichael

East Surry vs West Wilkes

Bandys vs Maiden

Lincoln Charter vs CSD

Last edited:
Reactions: Hilltoppers1111
Maiden 4 Bandys 3

Great ballgame…the sophomore pitcher Chappell closes out the top of the 7th with 2 K’s to end it with Bandy’s runners in scoring position.

Maiden girls lose a heartbreaker to Bandys with bases loaded and no outs in the bottom of the 7th.

2 K’s and fly out.

Bandys 8 Maiden 7

CVAC teams current RPI’s

19. Maiden
23. Bandys
24. East Burke
28. West Lincoln
29. Newton Conover
35. Bunker Hill
44. Lincolnton
50. West Caldwell

Whew!…it’s tight….with 3 games to go.

Tonight’s games
Maiden vs Bunker Hill👀
Bandys vs Newton Conover👀
East Burke vs Lincolnton
West Lincoln vs West Caldwell

CVAC teams current RPI’s

19. Maiden
23. Bandys
24. East Burke
28. West Lincoln
29. Newton Conover
35. Bunker Hill
44. Lincolnton
50. West Caldwell

Whew!…it’s tight….with 3 games to go.

Tonight’s games
Maiden vs Bunker Hill👀
Bandys vs Newton Conover👀
East Burke vs Lincolnton
West Lincoln vs West Caldwell
Maiden 10 Bunker Hill 1
Bandys 10 Newton Conover 0
Lincolnton 5 East Burke 1😵‍💫
West Lincoln 10 West Caldwell 0

Sneaky Wolves!😉

Just realized Maiden has wrapped up the CVAC championship….unless there’s some rule I don’t know.

Maiden is a 10 seed currently for playoffs ….unless Lincoln Charter stumbles (go Christ the King😂) or Madison breaks hot…Madison has 6 games left…I think they’re better than most think…simply because they split with Draughn.

I’ve seen Draughn…they’re really good!

We’ll see!

Providence Grove has split with everyone in conference play to this point…Kidd.

I gotta feeling!😉
Beat ER again last night 4-3. Had a parent from PG ask me how many games Eastern had like that where they lost lead in last inning?
My response: all but three I think 😂
If games were five innings long ER would be amazing…they ain’t though 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT