ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball 2A West Baseball

As of this morning…I see Randleman, West Stanly, Lincoln Charter, and Maiden locked for one of the top 11 seeds.

Madison is a lock for a 32 or possibly a little better or they could grab that 11 seed as a champion if they finish .500 or better. They’re 10-9 currently.

East Rutherford is pulling for RS Central to force a tie. RS Central needs a sweep over CHASE to force a 3-way tie. CHASE just needs 1 win to clinch…it appears they’re in the drivers seat.

Burns needs a win over Shelby to clinch.
Shelby needs to win out to clinch.

East Surry needs to win out or a Forbush loss to clinch. Forbush needs to win out and East Surry to lose out to clinch.

West Stokes needs a win to clinch. McMichael needs to win out to force a 3-way tie with West Stokes, McMichael and the Dudes from Morehead.

East Davidson needs to win out to clinch….same goes for West Davidson. They’re both 10-0 in conference and playing each other this week.

North Stanly and Mt. Pleasant needs to win out and hope the other team loses.

Gonna enjoy seeing how all this shakes out.

Good luck! Fellers.

Reactions: Hilltoppers1111
As of this morning…I see Randleman, West Stanly, Lincoln Charter, and Maiden locked for one of the top 11 seeds.

Madison is a lock for a 32 or possibly a little better or they could grab that 11 seed as a champion if they finish .500 or better. They’re 10-9 currently.

East Rutherford is pulling for RS Central to force a tie. RS Central needs a sweep over CHASE to force a 3-way tie. CHASE just needs 1 win to clinch…it appears they’re in the drivers seat.

Burns needs a win over Shelby to clinch.
Shelby needs to win out to clinch.

East Surry needs to win out or a Forbush loss to clinch. Forbush needs to win out and East Surry to lose out to clinch.

West Stokes needs a win to clinch. McMichael needs to win out to force a 3-way tie with West Stokes, McMichael and the Dudes from Morehead.

East Davidson needs to win out to clinch….same goes for West Davidson. They’re both 10-0 in conference and playing each other this week.

North Stanly and Mt. Pleasant needs to win out and hope the other team loses.

Gonna enjoy seeing how all this shakes out.

Good luck! Fellers.
Chase just about blew it against Hendersonville Friday night. They were down 2-0 in the 6th. They tied it up in the top of the 6th, but in the bottom of the 7th Hendersonville had the bases loaded with 1 out. Chase intentionally walked two batters to load the bases and struck out the next two ending the inning. Chase scored one in the 8th and held on for the 3-2 win.
The Hilltoppers are big Chase fans right now. If they would have lost that game or any other conference game that puts to bed any hope for a tri-conference championship and that #1 position from our conference in the state tournament for RS Central. Chase plays Patton this week so that won’t be a problem for them. But….. Chase is not playing their best ball right now. We don’t have any conference games this week. We’ve got senior night Tuesday at home against North Henderson, travel to Lincolnton on Wednesday, and then travel to East Gaston on Friday. Then it’s big time baseball with Chase @ RS Central on Tuesday, May 2nd!
I do wonder how they will decide who gets the automatic #1 and #2 with a three way tie. With East Rutherford beating RS Central twice, Chase beating East Rutherford twice, and if RS can pull off the sweep of Chase they will probably have to dive pretty deep into the tiebreaker procedures.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Chase just about blew it against Hendersonville Friday night. They were down 2-0 in the 6th. They tied it up in the top of the 6th, but in the bottom of the 7th Hendersonville had the bases loaded with 1 out. Chase intentionally walked two batters to load the bases and struck out the next two ending the inning. Chase scored one in the 8th and held on for the 3-2 win.
The Hilltoppers are big Chase fans right now. If they would have lost that game or any other conference game that puts to bed any hope for a tri-conference championship and that #1 position from our conference in the state tournament for RS Central. Chase plays Patton this week so that won’t be a problem for them. But….. Chase is not playing their best ball right now. We don’t have any conference games this week. We’ve got senior night Tuesday at home against North Henderson, travel to Lincolnton on Wednesday, and then travel to East Gaston on Friday. Then it’s big time baseball with Chase @ RS Central on Tuesday, May 2nd!
I do wonder how they will decide who gets the automatic #1 and #2 with a three way tie. With East Rutherford beating RS Central twice, Chase beating East Rutherford twice, and if RS can pull off the sweep of Chase they will probably have to dive pretty deep into the tiebreaker procedures.
It appears to me that the RPI number would be used to determine that tiebreaker if it happens.

Y’all got one tough conference over there!….Brevard and Polk are right there looking in as well….those are big games too….. to see who can get in behind the big 3….maybe all of them excluding Patton.

We’ll see.

2023 2A West Playoffs
4 GAMES LEFT IN REGULAR SEASON
ALL TIE BROKE BY RPI
4-24-23
Noon
1.BURNS VS 32.REIDSVILLE
2.EAST SURRY VS 31.WEST DAVIDSON
3.RANDLEMANVS 30.COMM. SCHOOL OF DAVIDSON
4.CHASE VS 29.WHEATMORE
5.WEST STANLY VS 28.WEST LINCOLN
6.WEST STOKES VS 27.EAST BURKE
7.EAST DAVIDSON VS 26.SW RANDOLPH
8.MOUNT PLEASANT VS 25.NORTH SURRY
9.LINCOLN CHARTER VS 24.BANDYS
10.MAIDEN VS 23.McMICHAEL
11.MADISON VS 22.SHELBY
12.EAST RUTHERFORD VS 21.NORTH STANLY
13.R-S CENTRAL VS 20.HENDERSONVILLE
14.MOREHEAD VS 19.PROVIDENCE GROVE
15.FORBUSH VS 18.WEST WILKES
16.TRINITY VS 17.EAST GASTON
17.EAST GASTON
18.WEST WILKES
19.PROVIDENCE GROVE
20.HENDERSONVILLE
21.NORTH STANLY
22.SHELBY
23.McMICHAEL
24.BANDYS
25.NORTH SURRY
26.SW RANDOLPH
27.EAST BURKE
28.WEST LINCOLN
29.WHEATMORE
30.COMM. SCHOOL OF DAVIDSON
31.WEST DAVIDSON
32.REIDSVILLE
===================================
1 vs 32
16 vs 17
9 vs 24
8 vs 25

4 vs 29
13 vs 20
12 vs 21
5 vs 28

2 vs 31
15 vs 18
10 vs 23
7 vs 26

3 vs 30
14 vs 19
11 vs 22
6 vs 27

Last edited:
2023 2A West Playoffs
4 GAMES LEFT IN REGULAR SEASON
ALL TIE BROKE BY RPI
4-24-23
Noon
1.BURNS VS 32.REIDSVILLE
2.EAST SURRY VS 31.WEST DAVIDSON
4.CHASE VS 29.WHEATMORE
6.WEST STOKES VS 27.EAST BURKE
7.EAST DAVIDSON VS 26.SW RANDOLPH
8.MOUNT PLEASANT VS 25.NORTH SURRY
9.LINCOLN CHARTER VS 24.BANDYS
11.MADISON VS 22.SHELBY
12.EAST RUTHERFORD VS 21.NORTH STANLY
13.R-S CENTRAL VS 20.HENDERSONVILLE
14.MOREHEAD VS 19.PROVIDENCE GROVE
15.FORBUSH VS 18.WEST WILKES
17.EAST GASTON
18.WEST WILKES
19.PROVIDENCE GROVE
20.HENDERSONVILLE
21.NORTH STANLY
22.SHELBY
23.McMICHAEL
24.BANDYS
25.NORTH SURRY
26.SW RANDOLPH
27.EAST BURKE
28.WEST LINCOLN
29.WHEATMORE
31.WEST DAVIDSON
32.REIDSVILLE
Those 2nd round games are brutal for the top 5 seeds!…in my opinion.
I don’t see that changing much either….12-16 seeds are going to be really good teams no matter how things go.

2023 2A West Playoffs
2 OR 3 GAMES LEFT IN REGULAR SEASON
ALL TIE BROKE BY RPI
4-26-23
Noon
1.BURNS VS 32.WEST DAVIDSON
2.EAST SURRY VS 31.REIDSVILLE
4.WEST STOKES VS 29.WEST LINCOLN
5.WEST STANLY VS 28.SW RANDOLPH
6.CHASE VS 27.WHEATMORE
7.EAST DAVIDSON VS 26.EAST BURKE
8.LINCOLN CHARTER VS 25.NORTH SURRY
9.NORTH STANLY VS 24.BANDYS
11.MADISON VS 22.SHELBY
12.EAST RUTHERFORD VS 21.MOUNT PLEASANT
13.R-S CENTRAL VS 20.WEST WILKES
14.MOREHEAD VS 19.HENDERSONVILLE
15.FORBUSH VS 18.PROVIDENCE GROVE
17.EAST GASTON
18.PROVIDENCE GROVE
19.HENDERSONVILLE
20.WEST WILKES
21.MOUNT PLEASANT
22.SHELBY
23.McMICHAEL
24.BANDYS
25.NORTH SURRY
26.EAST BURKE
27.WHEATMORE
28.SW RANDOLPH
29.WEST LINCOLN
31.REIDSVILLE
32.WEST DAVIDSON
=================================
1 vs 32
16 vs 17
9 vs 24
8 vs 25

4 vs 29
13 vs 20
12 vs 21
5 vs 28

2 vs 31
15 vs 18
10 vs 23
7 vs 26

3 vs 30
14 vs 19
11 vs 22
6 vs 27

Maiden was down 4-0 in the 6th last night against Newton. 😵‍💫

Got 3 runs in the 6th and then 2 more in the 7th to pull out a 5-4 win….daggum nail biter!

Maiden was down 4-0 in the 6th last night against Newton. 😵‍💫

Got 3 runs in the 6th and then 2 more in the 7th to pull out a 5-4 win….daggum nail biter!
Does the regular season champion get the higher seed in state tournament or does the conference tournament champion get it there in the CVAC?

Does the regular season champion get the higher seed in state tournament or does the conference tournament champion get it there in the CVAC?
Yes the regular season champions get the #1 seed no matter what happens in the conference tournament. If 2 teams tie and are co-champions then the team going the farthest in the conference tournament would get the #1 seed.

East and West Davidson split and both finished 11-1 in conference. Watching to see how the conference tourney goes…they should meet again.

Hard to believe that West Davidson is 0-9 in non-conference games and currently 29th in RPI.

That means..I gotta pull for them😂..go Dragons!😜

It ain’t over!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
If y’all take care of East Gaston and Cherryville in the tournament you should be fine.
You're probably right. But I don't want to take any chances. We'll play Cherryville tomorrow. 1A or not, they're a good team, and will probably make it back to the championship this year.

Congrats to Bandys on winning the CVAC tourney 4-1 over Maiden.

Great game throughout…Bandys pitching really dominated the game.

Anxious to see where all the qualifying CVAC teams are seeded and how they fare.

Hoping Maiden doesn’t play one of them 1st round!😉

Congrats to Bandys on winning the CVAC tourney 4-1 over Maiden.

Great game throughout…Bandys pitching really dominated the game.

Anxious to see where all the qualifying CVAC teams are seeded and how they fare.

Hoping Maiden doesn’t play one of them 1st round!😉
Chase Trojans got us last night. RS Central will be a 13 seed, if my calculations are correct, Bandys jumps up to a 20 seed with the win and RS plays some more Trojans in the first round of the playoffs!!

• Haha
Congrats to East Davidson for winning the CCC Tournament Championship Wednesday night! Down 3-2 in the bottom of the seventh, they scored twice and won it 4-3! Hopefully they will get a home game to start the state playoffs next week.

Cherryville beats Burns 6-3 to win the conference tournament.
My best guess:

Burns v SW Randolph
Trinity v E. Gaston
Maiden v N. Surry
Lincoln Charter v Mt. Pleasant

W. Stokes v Wheatmore
R-S Central v Bandys
E. Rutherford v W. Wilkes
W. Stanly v W. Lincoln
---------‐---------------------------------------
Randelman v Reidsville
Forbush v P. Grove
N. Stanly v McMichael
E. Davidson v E. Burke

E. Surry v W. Davidson
Morehead v Hendersonville
Madison v Shelby
Chase v Comm. Sch. of Davidson

2023 2A West Playoffs
ALL TIE BROKE BY RPI
5-6-23
5:09am
1.BURNS VS 32.SW RANDOLPH
2.RANDLEMAN VS 31.REIDSVILLE
3.EAST SURRY VS 30.WEST DAVIDSON
4.WEST STOKES VS 29.WHEATMORE
6.CHASE VS 27.COMM. SCHOOL OF DAVIDSON
7.EAST DAVIDSON VS 26.EAST BURKE
8.LINCOLN CHARTER VS 25.MOUNT PLEASANT
9.MAIDEN VS 24.NORTH SURRY
10.NORTH STANLY VS 23.McMICHAEL
11.MADISON VS 22.SHELBY
12.EAST RUTHERFORD VS 21.WEST WILKES
13.R-S CENTRAL VS 20.BANDYS
14.MOREHEAD VS 19.HENDERSONVILLE
15.FORBUSH VS 18.PROVIDENCE GROVE
17.EAST GASTON
18.PROVIDENCE GROVE
19.HENDERSONVILLE
20.BANDYS
21.WEST WILKES
22.SHELBY
23.McMICHAEL
24.NORTH SURRY
25.MOUNT PLEASANT
26.EAST BURKE
27.COMM. SCHOOL OF DAVIDSON
28.WEST LINCOLN
29.WHEATMORE
30.WEST DAVIDSON
31.REIDSVILLE
32.SW RANDOLPH

1. Burns vs 32. SWR
2. Randleman vs 31. Reidsville
3. East Surry vs 30. West Davidson
4. West Stokes vs 29. Wheatmore
5. West Stanly vs 28. West Lincoln
6. Chase vs 27. CSD
7. East Davidson vs 26. East Burke
8. Lincoln Charter vs 25. North Surry
9. Maiden vs 24. McMichael
10. North Stanly vs 23. Shelby
11. Madison vs 22. Mount Pleasant 👀
12. East Rutherford vs 21. West Wilkes
13. RS Central vs 20. Bandys
14. Morehead vs 19. Hendersonville
15. Forbush vs 18. Providence Grove
16. Trinity vs 17. East Gaston

This is as of 4 am Monday with the RPI’s.

Last edited:
Maiden is hosting Mayodan….if it doesn’t change again!😵‍💫

Can’t tell you how many times someone said…oh?..you’re from Mayodan…when I said I was from Maiden. 😂

The McMicheal Phoenix are pretty daggum good. I’ll have to check…but I don’t recall Maiden ever playing them in any sport.

All 4 CVAC teams got some tough draws…I mean TOUGH!

.I’m hoping at least one gets through the 1st round. 😉

1. Burns vs 32. SWR
2. Randleman vs 31. Reidsville
3. East Surry vs 30. West Davidson
4. West Stokes vs 29. Wheatmore
5. West Stanly vs 28. West Lincoln
6. Chase vs 27. CSD
7. East Davidson vs 26. East Burke
8. Lincoln Charter vs 25. North Surry
9. Maiden vs 24. McMichael
10. North Stanly vs 23. Shelby
11. Madison vs 22. Mount Pleasant 👀
12. East Rutherford vs 21. West Wilkes
13. RS Central vs 20. Bandys
14. Morehead vs 19. Hendersonville
15. Forbush vs 18. Providence Grove
16. Trinity vs 17. East Gaston

This is as of 4 am Monday with the RPI’s.
Using solely RPI looks like, with charter and ER in 1A, the entire PAC7 conference will make the state playoffs…
Wow.

Looking at the pairings….I know I said that the top 5 seeds (who I think are advancing safely) would have their hands full in the 2nd round with the 12-16 seeds…BUT😂….I think the 12-16 seeds are gonna have their hands full in the 1st round just to get the opportunity. That goes double for the 6-11 seeds too!

There are some really good games here in 2a West….that goes for the East side as well….like SWO playing Whiteville. What a shame they’re playing so early.

I’ll be at Maiden doing all I can to push that Phoenix back down in the ashes!😂

Good luck y’all…I think we’re all gonna need it…except those top 5 seeds.

We’ll see.

Using solely RPI looks like, with charter and ER in 1A, the entire PAC7 conference will make the state playoffs…
Wow.
Anxious to see how y’all fare.

My thoughts…which don’t amount to a hill of beans…but I’m telling it anyway. 😂

Blue Oranges advance.

Trinity wins a tough one against the Warriors….Burns prolly drooling for a rematch too..uhhh…no they ain’t 😂…that would be one heckuva of a 2nd round game if it happens.

PG…whew!…Forbush is my sleeper pick to win it all…I mean they lost to a team called Eastern in a heartbreaking 10 inning game in an Easter tournament championship. Eastern is in Louisville, KY…ya know?…that’s the home of the Slugger!😂
I still like PG’s chances…imma call ‘em the “1st Timers”..since they went 6-1 in conference..12-4 overall…when they played a team the 1st or only time this season….it ain’t over….I know they’re dying for another crack at Randleman too.

Wheatmore and SWR…it ain’t good!..but it ain’t over yet either. Kidd

Uwharrie will advance

ER…Mt Airy has some really good wins versus Stokes county teams…they’re gonna be tough.
Judging by your posts…if ER can just figure out how to finish…I’ll be checking in tonight and if ER is up through 5…please know…this ole boy will be pulling for ‘em with all I got. 😉

Go! PAC-7

Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT