ADVERTISEMENT

2A Championship Shelby vs Clinton

Re: 2A Championship Shelby vs Clinton
Inyourdome24-7 posted on 12/7/2014...
Love the bulletin board quotes in yesterday's Shelby Star. Keep handing them on over boys.

We're going to beat you guys. No one dimensional team will beat us.

This will be a great game by two great programs , I will be there to see both the Clinton ,Shelby game and the East Lincoln and what I use to call Little Washington game , I think the Shelby, Clinton game will be close .

Originally posted by maidenUSA:

This will be a great game by two great programs , I will be there to see both the Clinton ,Shelby game and the East Lincoln and what I use to call Little Washington game , I think the Shelby, Clinton game will be close .
MaidenUSA, you must have a connection to eastern North Carolina. I'm under the impression Little Washington is an old name that's sometimes used down east.

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
@SHS LION, in advance, no one dimensional 2A will beat us, emphasis on 2A.
ok heard that before
3dgrin.r191677.gif

So after Clinton sees that Mt Pleasant tape and they throw the ball the same way one dimensional Mt Pleasant did and burn your best cover man the same way Mt Pleasant did I'm sure this will come into play. Not hating just an observation.

Darkhorse#34 posted on 12/7/2014...

ok heard that before

Cool! As long as you didn't reference '97, pull a Ninja on me, but Brain Peterson, Willie Parker, and the big guy that was in the backfield serving as a blocking back, there were 2, but this one went to ECU, those cats ain't walking thru that door.

This post was edited on 12/7 11:58 AM by Lion Attack

Chopper747 posted on 12/7/2014...
So after Clinton sees that Mt Pleasant tape and they throw the ball the same way one dimensional Mt Pleasant did and burn your best cover man the same way Mt Pleasant did I'm sure this will come into play. Not hating just an observation.

Oh yeah, no doubt, they will do that out of the T formation, and it's very deceptive, but the end result will be the same, an L to Shelby.

This post was edited on 12/7 12:05 PM by Lion Attack

Our best cover man was defending him bout best as u could...it was a great throw..
a taller rec...That same cover man..picked 1 to Clinton is goi duse for 6 and could of had another if no 9 had not numbed into him...We know Clinton is good.But im sure we will be ready for what they throw at us

We know Bryan Peterson,Willie Parker, and Derrick Spencer are not walking thru the door but this Clinton team is peaking at the right time and Coach Lewis will have the guys ready to play....#22 Skinner is cut from the same mold as Parker....When ask to as of late we have thrown the ball very well QB Aaron Visor has thrown at least one TD pass the last 5 games he is very poised....Coach Lewis will have the team ready to play....State Championship week at Clinton is a special time hope the guys enjoy the experience

This post was edited on 12/7 3:58 PM by Darkhorse#34

Originally posted by Chopper747:
He did not burn our best cover he just made some great throws and catches.But you see what happens when he went to well once to often.Will see LA and hope your right.

Originally posted by Lincolnton:

MaidenUSA, you must have a connection to eastern North Carolina. I'm under the impression Little Washington is an old name that's sometimes used down east.
Little Washington .. .yep ... best known alumnus: human highlight film Dominique Wilkins

Should be two great games Saturday. I can't wait to watch them.
Best of luck to both teams.

Im rooting 4 clinton since they gave my squad the boot, and not to mention they're repping the EAST....but I know last year the kid RJ was a very efficient qb...their receivers ran their routes good they know how to get open....I believe the darkhorses can win but I believe it'll be up to their defense...good luck from STALLION country!!

Little Washington .. .yep ... best known alumnus: human highlight film Dominique Wilkins12/7 7:18 PM | IP: Logged

wink.r191677.gif

SHS LION, I have been debating whether or not to come see this game. If you can get up with the guy with 100 years worth of personalities posting under one user name and have him bring the dude that played on the 1917 team, I might show up. I would love to meet a guy that played before they had leather helmets and goal posts. I just read the other thread and laughed my tail off at your reply. On a serious note, congratulations to Shelby and Clinton on making it to the finals. Both schools are steeped in tradition and know exactly what it takes to win it all. This should be a classic. Good luck to both teams, but I will be pulling for Shelby.

This post was edited on 12/7 10:51 PM by BigSkyCountry

Originally posted by BigSkyCountry:
SHS LION, I have been debating whether or not to come see this game. If you can get up with the guy with 100 years worth of personalities posting under one user name and have him bring the dude that played on the 1917 team, I might show up. I would love to meet a guy that played before they had leather helmets and goal posts. I just read the other thread and laughed my tail off at your reply. On a serious note, congratulations to Shelby and Clinton on making it to the finals. Both schools are steeped in tradition and know exactly what it takes to win it all. This should be a classic. Good luck to both teams, but I will be pulling for Shelby.

laugh.r191677.gif
I will do my best to get them all there.Love to have you come to the game BigSky.

Clinton is no where close to 97. still what a job lewis has done bringing them back. Shelby by two touchdowns.

Originally posted by TGT:

Little Washington .. .yep ... best known alumnus: human highlight film Dominique Wilkins
I grew up around the Clinton area and worked around all those eastern towns .

Clinton may not be close to the '97 team, but I still think they will defeat Shelby 28-7.

Originally posted by FOOTBALLFANTIC:
Clinton may not be close to the '97 team, but I still think they will defeat Shelby 28-7.
That would earn my respect if it happens.

If both teams bring their "A" game this should be one of the better matchups among the 8 state championship games.

According to some of these fans down East, Clinton can bring their B game whereas we better bring our A+ game.

It's fun to read some of the comments and responses by both the Clinton and Shelby faithful. Both think their squad is good and should win, and why shouldn't they, if both teams won't very good they wouldn't be playing for a state title. I think this game is gonna come down to can Shelby stop Clinton's running game and force us to play behind, and can Clinton contain Shelby's passing game and get pressure on the QB and cause some errant throws. IF and that's a big if, Shelby can contain Skinner and company, then its gonna be a close defensive game, because Clinton's strength is its secondary, and I believe Clinton has had more trouble with hard nose power running teams (Ex: East Bladen) and shut down teams that run the spread (SW onslow, Laney, Graham) due to the speed and talent and depth in the secondary. Should be a great game, Clinton's annual Christmas parade is Saturday, to bad there will be no one to watch it due to the droves that will be headed to WS, You would think they would re-schedule it but O well,see you there.

Originally posted by Darkhorse04:
It's fun to read some of the comments and responses by both the Clinton and Shelby faithful. Both think their squad is good and should win, and why shouldn't they, if both teams won't very good they wouldn't be playing for a state title. I think this game is gonna come down to can Shelby stop Clinton's running game and force us to play behind, and can Clinton contain Shelby's passing game and get pressure on the QB and cause some errant throws. IF and that's a big if, Shelby can contain Skinner and company, then its gonna be a close defensive game, because Clinton's strength is its secondary, and I believe Clinton has had more trouble with hard nose power running teams (Ex: East Bladen) and shut down teams that run the spread (SW onslow, Laney, Graham) due to the speed and talent and depth in the secondary. Should be a great game, Clinton's annual Christmas parade is Saturday, to bad there will be no one to watch it due to the droves that will be headed to WS, You would think they would re-schedule it but O well,see you there.
As I stated previously, if both teams bring their "A" game, this will be one of the better games on Friday/Saturday, if not the best.

I think "most" Shelby fans won't come on here and predict a Shelby blowout win. We thought our '97 was unbeatable and we know how that game turned out.

This year's Shelby team is very balanced offensively and defensively is playing their best all season during the last 5 weeks. The kicking game has also been an advantage in every game this season, with maybe a "push" against Crest and Mt. Pleasant with Trejo and Parker both phenomenal K/P, respectively.

If Clinton wins, they will earn much respect from the Shelby faithful...and we know that a Shelby victory will have to be earned, as well.

I just finished watching the clinton game against my SWO... and i have to say this Skinner and the rest of the backs ran very hard and determined,but as I watched the game I have to say that their #10 is the key to their offense in my opinion...dude blocks his tail off and knows how to get up field as well to seal the line backers off....I figured I'd give him some props cause he's a very good ball player..... He sealed our ends and linebackers and he made them go were he wanted them too.....

Hey Brapla, remember you back to 1997! I haven' t seen Shelby but I've tracked them the past two year as well as Reidsville. Honestly I think this game has the potential to be the game of the weekend. Both teams are close and I think it could go either way. I think both teams have peaked at just the right team, even playing better than the end of the regular season. They've had too, champions do!
This post was edited on 12/9 2:30 AM by Wizard of the East

I really don't know what is going to happen in this game. I do expect two very good teams to play their hearts out.

Things that concern me going into the game:

Our offense hasn't been clicking since the before the Crest game. Not sure what happened, other than obviously playing better defenses. Still, something seems slightly off. Would love to see it come together on Saturday.

If Clinton's running back is super-fast that could spell trouble. While we have good team speed, we don't have the one or two burners that we typically have.

PENALTIES!!! We have to do better if we want to win.

Hope to see everyone in Winston Salem on Saturday. Hope the Lions leave happy!

Originally posted by Wizard of the East:
Ah the word that may be the difference...........Speed!
Don't get me wrong, we aren't slow by any stretch of the imagination.

Shelby has plenty of speed...no one playing this weekend lacks that quality I dare say/////////Looking forward to this game....kind of nice to see 2 great programs when you don't have a vested interest....Hope the weather is nice, no one gets seriously injured and the game is a classic...............

Originally posted by BigSkyCountry:

Of course we will be there.....all of us!

When I look at Clinton's schedule I just don't see a whole lot of competition except for Onslow?

Dark Horses get the RING with a 34-14 win over the Green Bay Packers, oops, Alabama Crimson Tide, oops, again, I meant Shelby!! The golden lions!

Originally posted by HitmanT:

When I look at Clinton's schedule I just don't see a whole lot of competition except for Onslow?
4A Laney Whiteville East Bladen Wallace Rose-Hill....Eastern Randolph won their conference and only lost to 3A schools...Holmes was only lost to Plymouth and Norteastern..... we have played a quality schedule

I mean beside Crest South Point and the playoff game against Reidsville who has Shelby played i dont see alot of WORLD BEATERS.......stop tryn to Knock Clinton's schedule just because we play in a split conference with 1A teams.....Wallace will more than likely win the 1A title Friday night by atleast 14 and we whipped them 35-7 on their home field....ready for Clinton to shut some mouths and open some eyes we are 13-1 for a reason

Originally posted by Darkhorse#34:
I mean beside Crest South Point and the playoff game against Reidsville who has Shelby played i dont see alot of WORLD BEATERS.......stop tryn to Knock Clinton's schedule just because we play in a split conference with 1A teams.....Wallace will more than likely win the 1A title Friday night by atleast 14 and we whipped them 35-7 on their home field....ready for Clinton to shut some mouths and open some eyes we are 13-1 for a reason
Your right our schedule for the most part was not much this year.We did play a AC Reynolds with their starting QB which made a difference.I thought South Point had one of their lesser teams off all time but in that game we played really bad on defense.Mt Pleasant was the second best team we played and were lucky to win that one.Clinton probably had a tougher schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT