ADVERTISEMENT

2A Championship Shelby vs Clinton

I expect the same thing to happen the last time they met for the title.

This thread should be about respect for both teams . Neither Shelby nor Clinton will enter this game expecting the other to lay down ! Congrats to Clinton for rebounding from the down years and congrats to Shelby for another chance for a back to back title ! Good luck to both teams without injuries and may the best team come out with the championship !

Go Shelby Golden Lions !

I predicted that these two teams would meet. Now I'm predicting a win for shelby. GO LIONS!!!

Clinton vs Shelby wow i still cant believe it 4 years ago we were 1-10.....man it feels good to be back as a former player and a fan......This will be a great game...look forward to meeting up with the Lions.....Dont worry we wont badger yall with post about 1997 like ninja did last year about 2004

That's ok we remember 1997 very well. You guys were so big couldn't stop you back then. Should be a great classic battle next week. Glad we don't have to listen to Ninja anymore

Man 1997..we were 15-0 ...Clinton was hugh.....I still have DVD of game...Willie Parker was a beast..and that 250 pound fullback.....but this game will be a great game..cant wait.

Originally posted by shelbyfanforever:
That's ok we remember 1997 very well.
+1...we are looking forward to another opportunity to play Clinton.

As for this game, who knows. Clinton looks to be back in form. They have been dominate throughout the playoffs so far...kinda reminds me of Shelby's run last season. Shelby has a very good team as well. I'm not sure if this Shelby team is as good as last year's team...but they have a lot of heart. Should be a great high school football game...as a state championship game should be.

Could a Clinton fan give a breakdown of Clinton for us. Strengths and Weaknesses? Thanks.

Golden Lions have been waiting 17 years for this revenge. Couldn't believe that 97 team lost a game.

Originally posted by crestcharger02:
Couldn't believe that 97 team lost a game.
Coach Jim Taylor's last season and game. Coach Taylor was a class act and a great coach (201-54-12 overall record). Man, I can't believe it has been 17 years since then.

This post was edited on 12/5 11:44 PM by Golden_Lion_007

LOL. Shelby has been waiting 17 years for revenge? LOL. Those kids weren't even born but they've been waiting 17 years for revenge. OK

I'VE BEEN WAITING 17 YEARS FOR REVENGE!!! Told the guys tonight after the game that I was the center on the '97 team and I've been wanting another shot at Clinton since then. Told them it's time for some revenge. They'll be ready. And, IMO, our defense is better this year than last. Coach Ware had been putting together some great game plans during this playoff run and I'm sure he'll have another one ready for next Saturday. We shut down running teams....let's do it one more time!

I can say with full confidence that Shelby folk have long memories. Yes this is a revenge game for 1997.

You guys are hilarious. Keep playing that revenge card. See how far that gets you.

This post was edited on 12/10 12:48 PM by Inyourdome24-7

Originally posted by Inyourdome24-7:
Keep playing that revenge card. See how far that gets you.
Regarding the "revenge" factor, I am sure it will have zero impact on this game. Just gives us fans something to talk about. This game will be decided on the field and I posted above, it should be a good game.

This post was edited on 12/6 1:28 AM by Golden_Lion_007

This will be a tremendous game, by two programs that have been giants in high school football the past 25 years. Tremendous respect for Shelby. I predicted preseason it would be Clinton and Shelby for the championship and the DarkHorses would have to beat SWO to get there. As for shutting down running teams........? Maybe you should consult with SWO about that. Myrecollection of the 1997 game was that Shelby had just dropped down from 3A and there wasn't any way a little old 2A team (with Willie Parker & Company) was going to beat Hopper & Company. We;; we know the rest of the story. Revenge? Well I suppose that's as good a reason as any. Most of these boys weren't even born in 1997 so its kind of hard to understand a revenge factor. I think our guys will just want to win and that's been good enough this season. Ask SWO who was rated #1 a good portion of the season.You may want to inquire about the passing game as well. I think it will be a close low scoring field position game just like the 1997 game. Pick'em
This post was edited on 12/6 1:40 AM by Wizard of the East

Originally posted by Wizard of the East:
As for shutting down running teams........? Maybe you should consult with SWO about that.
For future reference on this thread Wizard...keep in mind this one little piece of information...Shelby isn't SWO.

Carry on.

A great player once told me all the rah rah, revenge, or whatever motive one might conjure is really only good until you get busted one good time and then you're on your on. Hey maybe its a cupcake and you don't get busted! I'm sure folks haven't forgot1997, heck we haven't forgot the following year 3rd round 1998 in Reidsville or 2002 against Cummings in Winston -Salem, or 1976 at Pisgah. All that history won't be on Saturday's test

Golden_Lion_007[/URL] oh how well we remember you, the Ninja of Golden Lions posters. Not to cloud the enjoyment of championship week, Deana has made a convenient tool to ignore posters, so ignore it is. To all the other Shelby poster, Shelby Lion and others for which I have tremendous respect for I look forward to a week of sharing, and hopefully even seeing you at next Saturdays game. I expect a low scoring affair, where the defenses will take over, a field position game. The DarkHorses are 5-1 in Chapel Hill but only 0-2 at Wake Forest so maybe our DarkHorses can run on that Demon Deacon turf well this time.

Golden_Lion_007[/URL] oh how well we remember you, the Ninja of Golden Lions posters.
haha, that was back in my high school days Wizard. I don't really get into all the banter nowadays...'98 pretty much covers that for most Shelby fans. Just enjoy watching the games now...and reading the threads, especially when they get entertaining.

Don't take things so serious Wiz. I have a lot of respect for Clinton and I have no doubt this will be a very good game. Shelby will have to play one of their best games if they expect to win.

This post was edited on 12/6 4:05 AM by Golden_Lion_007

Wiz, I joined this form in 97..remembering seeing u on here then..I started week we played Bandys.
So not sure your age but ill be 50 this year..So im sure your either same or older...Anyway glad to see u back and able to enjoy being in championship game...
Now Crest had best D we have seen..and I thought up till tonight Reidsville had 2nd..but Mount Pleasant had best next to Crest...size'--speed just great football team...So I know for a fact.we are battle tested....Im sure Clinton will have some horses..
EBut this isnt 97 and either team is...The D on this team is better then 97..and when the offense is clicking we have alot of weapons..I suspect this game will be hard fault one...but Shelbys comming to play..and expecting to win
SO GOOD LUCK TO YOU U..

shelbyfan1[/URL],I'm a senior citizen! 65. I'm getting forgetful but my wife tells me I've forgot nothing about DarkHorse football. I suppose there's better things to be more knowegable about!
This has been a enjoyable DarkHorse teams to watch. My son was fortunate to play on the 2005 championship team and the 2006 runnerup and that was a dream come true of ours They were very good but this team has the total package and with the DarkHorse championship run history I don't know if we've ever had a team quite like this seriously. I know this I and their fans are mighty proud of them especially on this 3 week difficult road they've been on.
One of my best friends and former DarkHorse assistant coach always said, "the cream rises to the top."
With Shelby and Clinton the cream has risen to the top!

only thing im not liking right now is remembering our past woes in State title games played at Wake Forest.....ugh wish we could move it to Kenean Stadium lol....oh well...looking forward to another classic between 2 storied programs

shelbyfan1[/URL],I'm a senior citizen! 65. I'm getting forgetful but my wife tells me I've forgot nothing about DarkHorse football. I suppose there's better things to be more knowegable about!
This has been a enjoyable DarkHorse teams to watch. My son was fortunate to play on the 2005 championship team and the 2006 runnerup and that was a dream come true of ours They were very good but this team has the total package and with the DarkHorse championship run history I don't know if we've ever had a team quite like this seriously. I know this I and their fans are mighty proud of them especially on this 3 week difficult road they've been on.
One of my best friends and former DarkHorse assistant coach always said, "the cream rises to the top."
With Shelby and Clinton the cream has risen to the top!
Good post Wiz and I know your proud of this team and you should be.What a turn around.Should be a great game.

We got to see it twice. One time we enjoyed it, the other time we didn't. LOL. This game has the makings of a classic.

DH34 it's Kenan stadium (Tar Heel fan here), couldn't let that go haha. Go horses.

Originally posted by Darkhorse04:
DH34 it's Kenan stadium (Tar Heel fan here), couldn't let that go haha. Go horses.
my bad im a Tar Heel fan aswell i accidently had my phone switched to the Ninja app...its the opposite of auto correct lol

At least we wont have to sit beside each other (97). That was still the stupidest thing I have seen. Typical Tarheel debacle!

y'all boys quit nut hugging and talk some football....

the past is the past... now is the time to talk about the game...

you can kiss arse later....

I want to hear some predictions, some strengths, weaknesses, PTW (players to watch) etc.. Especially on Clinton's side..

TALK SOME SMACK -----

Players to watch for Clinton

offense-.....THE ENTIRE O LINE lol...QB#15 Aaron Visor,RB#22 Ryheem Skinner,RB#2 Hyson Howard, WR#7 Kris Royal TE#82 Chandler Whitfield

defense-DL#77 TJ Boone,DE#82 Chandler Whitfield,LB/FS#8 Wade Sumner, DB#7 Kris Royal,DB#4 Lajuan Asley, DB#3Kavon Dessus

weakness-KO coverage the last 2 weeks has been kinda sloppy....We are a run first team so if we get in 3rd and longs not really a passing team per say but in the postseason QB has made the throws when it counts

Strengths-Very discipline team,great team speed,outstanding senior leadership, Hall of fame Coach,strong o line,fast secondary,we dont turn the ball over and our defense forces alot of turnovers....just alil bit of what i have seen this season

This post was edited on 12/6 4:08 PM by Darkhorse#34

Clinton also has a very good kicker. Freshman I believe who routinely kicks it to the 5 if not the end zone. Pretty accurate inside 35 on field goals as well.

Should be a great game. I hope to be there early for this game at noon before our game at 4:00. I....guess I'll be cheering for the lions since we're local.
wink.r191677.gif

This will be best game of the week end. Clinton is
the real deal. Shelby tradition is great. This will
be great game.

Originally posted by Elincoln:
Should be a great game. I hope to be there early for this game at noon before our game at 4:00. I....guess I'll be cheering for the lions since we're local.
wink.r191677.gif
You guess?

This is a great matchup, and there is very much indeed a revenge factor, and I challenge any Shelby poster to say otherwise or deny that the thought hasn't crossed his or her mind. Of course, we're excited just to be playing in the state championship again, but the fact that it's Clinton makes it even more intriguing. Obviously, the current Shelby players aren't out for revenge, but it's a program thing. With the exception of Clinton, we have avenged all of our 2A state championship losses. SWO and Reidsville have been taken care of. Repeating as state champions would be sweet, period, but how sweet would it be to add Clinton to that list as the finality?

This post was edited on 12/7 9:49 AM by Lion Attack

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT