ADVERTISEMENT

#26 North Gaston @ #7 AC Reynolds

ACR wins easily. Anyone know if the RB is healthy? I didn’t see anything saying he was back last week, but the AC-T covers high school football about like I cover under water basket weaving.
He didn’t play last week and is questionable for this week. Coach says doctors are being extra cautious because he a future in football beyond high school level.

Beamer, it does stink how the AC-T has mostly abandoned its local coverage. Andrew Pearson built the HS Huddle up to be an immaculate item in the paper. There were previews on every team going into the year, multiple articles about important games all across WNC. Now, we are lucky to get an article about the most important game of the week (if the paper even knows which one that is on a week to week basis). They are more concerned with cutting costs and driving readers to syndicated articles about more national/regional topics. It is a shame. But, when you unsubscribe, they attempt to guilt you by saying that you are supporting local journalism by subscribing… when in reality there are very few local journalists writing for the paper on a daily basis (especially in the sports section). I hope that Mr. Pearson is happy in his new position at Christ School. He is greatly missed by his former readers.

Wasn't the original time frame about 4-5 weeks?
That’s what I thought as well. I hope he stays healthy from here on out, and gets to play this year.

I seem to remember a player at ACR have a similar significant injury several years ago. He ended up reclassifying at Christ School to get that extra year of eligibility back. I’m not sure what the rules entail with that, but I wonder if he considers going that route, or if his recruiting has already taken off enough for him to stay the course at his current school. I believe he has already received a couple pretty good offers without even playing a snap this year. The kid is a phenomenal player.

The kid from a few years ago was hurt going into his Senior year so he chose to go to CS and reclassified to get his Senior year back. Our guy now will have his whole senior year barring any issues this summer. The original time frame was from trainers when it first happened, he went to App St for a second opinion and they said surgery would be best so that’s why the timeline changed.

i think in august the surgery was not on the table but it became clear that it had to happen hence the longer recovery time. also you have a guy who hasn't practiced and is certainly no it football shape.

i think in august the surgery was not on the table but it became clear that it had to happen hence the longer recovery time. also you have a guy who hasn't practiced and is certainly no it football shape.
Very true. Would be a huge morale boost for the team as a whole if he were to come back during the playoffs, but he’s more than likely limited to 15 or so snaps and even fewer carries due to the fact that he hasn’t played/practiced in so long.

#12 for ACR has been a sufficient replacement. He is not Guest, but that kid can play. A pleasant surprise for ACR I’m sure after so much of the offense was set to run through Guest this year.

Seen where the Asheville Citizen said Our QB was a senior ,he's a junior.They use to do a better job on local sports but that was a long time ago.
As for this game Reynolds should win easy. Is the Noth Gaston coach the same one that was at Tuscola ?

Reactions: state8392
Seen where the Asheville Citizen said Our QB was a senior ,he's a junior.They use to do a better job on local sports but that was a long time ago.
As for this game Reynolds should win easy. Is the Noth Gaston coach the same one that was at Tuscola ?
I don't think so. I also think you are referring to Justin Clark who was at North Henderson for a year. He’s no longer the coach at North Gaston. From what I gather he resigned and is at NC Wesleyan (NCAA Division III).

New guy at N. Gaston (per ‘22 news article) is Dan Rothwell. Know nothing about him.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I don't think so. I also think you are referring to Justin Clark who was at North Henderson for a year. He’s no longer the coach at North Gaston. From what I gather he resigned and is at NC Wesleyan (NCAA Division III).

New guy at N. Gaston (per ‘22 news article) is Dan Rothwell. Know nothing about him.
I was thinking about Postell and he's at East Gaston finished 8-2 only lost to Burns and Shelby.He also beat North Gaston.

Reactions: WNC Football 101
Clark actually played at North Gaston, he only coached there a couple of years. His late father was also Head Coach at North Gaston and took them to the state 3a finals one year. He then moved on to South Carolina to coach at Boiling Springs, SC.

Reactions: WNC Football 101
I was thinking about Postell and he's at East Gaston finished 8-2 only lost to Burns and Shelby.He also beat North Gaston.
Yep that one. The same one who declined to play SP this year which broke a 53 year long historic rivalry game being played. That's the only record he will break at EG that will be remembered.

Yep that one. The same one who declined to play SP this year which broke a 53 year long historic rivalry game being played. That's the only record he will break at EG that will be remembered.
Do you know for a fact it was he?

HCs have a big say in it...I know that. Sure ADs involved too...but if your HC protested a whole lot, it wouldn't happen. I think it was his idea. ADs like money. HCs like wins on their record.

Do you know for a fact it was he?
This dude DeBoer is pretty clueless. Take what he says with a grain of salt. I am certain that he has absolutely no idea what actually happened to cause your teams not to play this past season.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: New3ra
Beamer, it does stink how the AC-T has mostly abandoned its local coverage. Andrew Pearson built the HS Huddle up to be an immaculate item in the paper. There were previews on every team going into the year, multiple articles about important games all across WNC. Now, we are lucky to get an article about the most important game of the week (if the paper even knows which one that is on a week to week basis). They are more concerned with cutting costs and driving readers to syndicated articles about more national/regional topics. It is a shame. But, when you unsubscribe, they attempt to guilt you by saying that you are supporting local journalism by subscribing… when in reality there are very few local journalists writing for the paper on a daily basis (especially in the sports section). I hope that Mr. Pearson is happy in his new position at Christ School. He is greatly missed by his former readers.
Gannett wants everyone of their papers to be USA Today. They suck. The AC-T sucks. They bought the Hendersonville paper and now it sucks. The only hope is someone will either start up a real paper again or buy the rotted shell that was the AC-T and try to resurrect it after Gannett has sucked it dry.

Reactions: mtnpack
This dude DeBoer is pretty clueless. Take what he says with a grain of salt. I am certain that he has absolutely know idea what actually happened to cause your teams not to play this past season.
Yeah pretty clueless. 53 years of playing and it's abruptly stopped. 40-9-2 all time in favor of SP with a SP win streak of like 15 years. Who knows why it was stopped? Maybe SP was scared to continue playing.

Yeah pretty clueless. 53 years of playing and it's abruptly stopped. 40-9-2 all time in favor of SP with a SP win streak of like 15 years. Who knows why it was stopped? Maybe SP was scared to continue playing.
I really DOUBT that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT